Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it was a great show, the crew was very knowledgable and helpful, they even helped my husband to change the color of his car (his was originally midnight blue, but loved the red with white interior instead) while maintaining his original production date. As far of the car goes I have some reservations, for example the way you adjust the steering wheel it is still manual, and not many options in the instrument cluster ( I was hopping to see my navigation there but you can only see the turn by turns) also i wish the the middle screen was more tilted towards the driver (just for safety and usability purpose) , another thing is the way you open the frunk ,It is a two step release and it is still manual. So overall the car is great, definitely some room for improvement.

PS: what I love : impecable paint job, the panoramic roof, the performance of course, and safety (the parental control is my favorite one) also the car seems to be Ford tough.
what needs improvement : for the cost I was hopping to see a bit more specially when it comes to the way you adjust the steering wheel, the way you open the frunk and trunk, just little details, maybe because I am currently driving an Audi E-tron is that I’m a bit greedy; but compared to other cars within the same range Ford did a great job, not awesome but a great job.

·
Registered
Reserved First Edition Rapid Red Metallic
881 Posts
it was a great show, the crew was very knowledgable and helpful, they even helped my husband to change the color of his car (his was originally midnight blue, but loved the red with white interior instead) while maintaining his original production date. As far of the car goes I have some reservations, for example the way you adjust the steering wheel it is still manual, and not many options in the instrument cluster ( I was hopping to see my navigation there but you can only see the turn by turns) also i wish the the middle screen was more tilted towards the driver (just for safety and usability purpose) , another thing is the way you open the frunk ,It is a two step release and it is still manual. So overall the car is great, definitely some room for improvement.

PS: what I love : impecable paint job, the panoramic roof, the performance of course, and safety (the parental control is my favorite one) also the car seems to be Ford tough.
what needs improvement : for the cost I was hopping to see a bit more specially when it comes to the way you adjust the steering wheel, the way you open the frunk and trunk, just little details, maybe because I am currently driving an Audi E-tron is that I’m a bit greedy; but compared to other cars within the same range Ford did a great job, not awesome but a great job.
As you are now driving an Audi E-Tron, have you considered the Audi Q4 eTron? I believe the size is similar to the Q5, which is only marginally smaller than the MME, but the fit and finish and quality of materials should be similar to the eTron and more upscale than the MME for about the same price.

BTW, I have driven the eTron which I liked: my problem with the car is range and price even after dealership discounts of close to $20,000. But I would certainly consider the Q4 especially if Audi has aggressive leases.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well at the beginning I did complained a lot about range but then my husband installed a home charger which made a huge difference plus the car charges quite fast too ! 0 to 80 in about 22 minutes in a fast charger, so now I’m about used to the range , plus owning an electric vehicle it is a different type of driving, now before driving long distances I map fast charges a long the way too not just my destination, but other than than I love my E- tron but honestly can’t wait for the Audi e-tron Sportback in 2021! And of course I’m looking so forward to drive my husband´s Ford Mach e

·
Registered
Reserved First Edition Rapid Red Metallic
881 Posts
Well at the beginning I did complained a lot about range but then my husband installed a home charger which made a huge difference plus the car charges quite fast too ! 0 to 80 in about 22 minutes in a fast charger, so now I’m about used to the range , plus owning an electric vehicle it is a different type of driving, now before driving long distances I map fast charges a long the way too not just my destination, but other than than I love my E- tron but honestly can’t wait for the Audi e-tron Sportback in 2021! And of course I’m looking so forward to drive my husband´s Ford Mach e

I am talking abut the Audi Q4-etron which starts at $45,000 and the Prestige model at $55,000. Delivery in the US is scheduled for beginning of 2021 about the same time as delivery of the MME.

see: 2021 Audi Q4 e-tron: What We Know So Far

The Audi etron Sportback is a variation on the etron and starts at $62,000 and goes up to over $82,000 for the Prestige.

The Q4 etron is the competition to the MME. Did you consider the Q4 etron?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am talking abut the Audi Q4-etron which starts at $45,000 and the Prestige model at $55,000. Delivery in the US is scheduled for beginning of 2021 about the same time as delivery of the MME.

see: 2021 Audi Q4 e-tron: What We Know So Far

The Audi etron Sportback is a variation on the etron and starts at $62,000 and goes up to over $82,000 for the Prestige.

The Q4 etron is the competition to the MME. Did you consider the Q4 etron?

SORRY for the delay .. crazy day @ work... Audi Q4 e-tron what a beauty! And yes my husband showed me a couple of videos/pics about it, and as I told him, I will definitely would love to try it.. specially since it will be offering more range and it seems to provide almost everything currently offered in the e- tron. 2021 it will definitely be the year for EVs

·
Premium Member
2018 Fusion Energi Burgundy Velvet Platinum
949 Posts

The Red is 'Drop Dead' I'm just not a 'Blue Guy' I went for the Star White for two reasons, I live in the desert and Nevada/Utah Highway Patrol.

·
Registered
Ordered First Edition MME in Rapid Red
33 Posts
Color me pissed. I got an email from the dealership saying the road show was canceled and now I see it wasn't! WTF

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Oh no! Sorry to hear that.. is there any chance for you to assist a different road show? I know there are some still going on in NJ.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Oh no! Sorry to hear that.. is there any chance for you to assist a different road show? I know there are some still going on in NJ.
I just looked and there is one in Schenectady, NY tomorrow! That's about an hour North of me. It wasn't in the original list. So color me excited now. LOL Mood swings much?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I just looked and there is one in Schenectady, NY tomorrow! That's about an hour North of me. It wasn't in the original list. So color me excited now. LOL Mood swings much?
Yay! thats awesome! I’m sure you will enjoy the show! Don’t forget to share with us your experience and thoughts about the vehicle!

·
Registered
33 Posts
I finally got so see the MME up close and personal today. I swear I got goose bumps when I touched the hood of the Rapid Red one. The color is way more brilliant and deep up close. I have not been this excited about a car since my 69 427 Corvette. I was farklempt!

I had a good 45 minutes to play with the controls and speak with the tour rep who was extremely knowledgeable. The car seems bigger in person which is a good thing. The doors work well and have a solid feel to them. I very much like the electric latches and I played around with the "let's try to get my fingers caught in the door feature" and it's pretty fool proof. Thats a good thing with 3 young grand kids! The back hatch opening is huge and with the rear seats folded there is pleanty of cargo space. I though the manual push button for the hatch is awkwardly low but using the key fob or "foot" method solves that. The fronk was smaller than I expected and the rep told me the production models will NOT have the spacers we have seen in pictures. That's a good thing because with them in place it's a pretty useless space.

I'm about 5'6" and I was quickly able to adjust the seat, steering wheel and mirrors to very comfortable positions. I was worried when I first got in the car that the top of the center display was blocking my vision. I've not had a Ford recently so the sync system was new to me. The control panel is intuitively easy to operate with a combination of touch and dial. I also played around with voice commands which worked WAY better than my Subaru. I asked it where the nearest charging station was, it gave me 3 choices. I told it to take me to the nearest one and it plotted the course. Very impressed. The sound system is killer. I closed all the windows and cranked it up and was not disappointed. The full glass roof panel lets in a lot of light but not overly bright which should bode well in the summer. The seats were comfortable and while the overall interior is not what I would call luxurious, it was in no way cheap. There is pleanty of headroom in the back but someone with long legs might be a little cramped behind a tall diver. Not a problem for my family!

I also got a chance to look at the wall mounted Ford Charging unit. It looked and felt very cheep. I'm glad I bought a JuiceBox.

What was funny to me is that the ability to look at the engine is no longer an option. I've never bought a car without looking at the engine. I guess I'll get used to it!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I finally got so see the MME up close and personal today. I swear I got goose bumps when I touched the hood of the Rapid Red one. The color is way more brilliant and deep up close. I have not been this excited about a car since my 69 427 Corvette. I was farklempt!

I had a good 45 minutes to play with the controls and speak with the tour rep who was extremely knowledgeable. The car seems bigger in person which is a good thing. The doors work well and have a solid feel to them. I very much like the electric latches and I played around with the "let's try to get my fingers caught in the door feature" and it's pretty fool proof. Thats a good thing with 3 young grand kids! The back hatch opening is huge and with the rear seats folded there is pleanty of cargo space. I though the manual push button for the hatch is awkwardly low but using the key fob or "foot" method solves that. The fronk was smaller than I expected and the rep told me the production models will NOT have the spacers we have seen in pictures. That's a good thing because with them in place it's a pretty useless space.

I'm about 5'6" and I was quickly able to adjust the seat, steering wheel and mirrors to very comfortable positions. I was worried when I first got in the car that the top of the center display was blocking my vision. I've not had a Ford recently so the sync system was new to me. The control panel is intuitively easy to operate with a combination of touch and dial. I also played around with voice commands which worked WAY better than my Subaru. I asked it where the nearest charging station was, it gave me 3 choices. I told it to take me to the nearest one and it plotted the course. Very impressed. The sound system is killer. I closed all the windows and cranked it up and was not disappointed. The full glass roof panel lets in a lot of light but not overly bright which should bode well in the summer. The seats were comfortable and while the overall interior is not what I would call luxurious, it was in no way cheap. There is pleanty of headroom in the back but someone with long legs might be a little cramped behind a tall diver. Not a problem for my family!

I also got a chance to look at the wall mounted Ford Charging unit. It looked and felt very cheep. I'm glad I bought a JuiceBox.

What was funny to me is that the ability to look at the engine is no longer an option. I've never bought a car without looking at the engine. I guess I'll get used to it!

nothing else to add .. great overview of the car! I can’t wait to see this beauty out in the street and in my garage of course 😁

1 - 17 of 17 Posts