Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just came back from my 1970 mile round-trip to Atlanta, GA loved every moment I was driving (or Bluecruise was driving me) in the car (Space White CA Route 1 - Extended Battery)

Some notes

• Electrify America worked flawlessly. Never had to wait, except one broken charger (we had to move to other), all worked.
  • Had enrolled in the Pass+ membership for $4. Will cancel it after Jun 2nd (as have another trip planned)
  • Used my free 250 kWH first (in fact used 191 on the outward journey and 59 kWh coming back). Did not use all at once as GA rocks. In GA the charging is per minute (24c per min for Pass+ members), that comes to avg 15c/ kWH instead of 31c. Wish it was all states. So total I might have used 250 (free), 272 (paid EA) and 59 kWh (paid Chargepoint at my son's Univ), out of which 110 kWh was at 15c at Electrify America
  • When the free kW was used, I turned off Blue Oval charging, and then used my Electrify America app to start charging each station.
  • RFID (Apple Wallet) is a hit or miss. Worked 75% times, rest had to turn charging on using the mobile app
  • Max battery cap went to was 85% once, most times stopped at 81% as I was short of time, but great charging curve from 25% to 75% (close to 100+ kW speed)
  • Speed is a bad factor - EVs love 60 mph, I was driving 75 mph hence my avg was 3.1 mile/kw entire trip and some sections was as low as 2.7 mile/kw

Apple Maps rocks. I used Apple Maps + Electrify America app, but mostly Apple Maps. Apple Maps using Carplay has a feature as it used to choose Electrify America maps (as I put Ford Mach E as my car choice) and it routed perfectly.

One thing on Apple Maps is there is no option to skip a charging station and on the way back I skipped twice as I thought let me take a longer break and do lunch or snack instead of making two 20 min stops). Stops were to stretch, bathroom, clean windshield and windows, pick a snack or drink.

Got some good looks from people, thumbs up, one lady followed me on the side for miles looking at me, shaking her head on how the hell am I eating food, and car driving on its own. But must saw the 360 Co-pilot cameras are good, when they see me not paying attention they alert me.

Any questions can answer, loved the ride, the Bluecruise, the reliability, the AC

·
Registered
ID.4 & 993 C4 Cab & MME GT (ordered)
14 Posts
If you drove 60 or 65 what do you think your efficiency would be? As the temps have risen I have been getting 3.4-3.7mi/kWh with my id4 in a mix of hiway and backroad driving with hiway driving at 65 mostly. Mache coming in a few weeks! Can’t wait

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you drove 60 or 65 what do you think your efficiency would be? As the temps have risen I have been getting 3.4-3.7mi/kWh with my id4 in a mix of hiway and backroad driving with hiway driving at 65 mostly. Mache coming in a few weeks! Can’t wait
I would say would increase to 3.5 mi/kWh but in the area I was driving the speed limit was 70 mph,

1 - 3 of 3 Posts