Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
With the supplied ford charger 32 amps I get 20 miles per hour.
What are you all getting?

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Hi all,
Using the 240v plug on the ford portable EVSE on a nema 14-50 outlet I get 20 mph.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hi all,
Same! That’s plenty fast for my routine charging. If on a road trip I like to charge it up all the way and then hit an electrify America charger for 20-40 mins, if needed.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Just wondering, ... how many KW's are used from the grid for that hour of charging?

·
Registered
273 Posts
In case you guy's wanted to know where that 20mph came from:

220V * 32A is 7.04kWh of energy. Averaging 3.5mi/kWh so 7.04kWh * 3.5 = 24.6mph. But remove about 20% in loss of power cord/power box you get about 20mph. (y)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Using the 240v plug on the ford portable EVSE on a nema 14-50 outlet I get 20 mph.
Based on the stats from my JuiceBox 40, I'm getting about 33.25 mph charging. Which would mean about 6.5 hours to charge my standard range Mach-e from 0 to 100%. Those numbers seem pretty close, based on my charging history over the last 3 months.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Based on the stats from my JuiceBox 40, I'm getting about 33.25 mph charging. Which would mean about 6.5 hours to charge my standard range Mach-e from 0 to 100%. Those numbers seem pretty close, based on my charging history over the last 3 months.
that's good to know, Juicebox is my plan if the nema 14-50 doesn't continue to meet my needs. Correct me if I'm wrong, the Juicebox 40 using the nema 14-50 charges at 40 amps?

·
Registered
2021, Premium, AWD, Extended Battery, Carbonized Grey
21 Posts
I get 18 miles per hour plugged in using the Ford supplied mobile charger

·
Premium Member
2021 Star White RWD/ER Premium
2,625 Posts
According to the JuiceBox app on 13 June it took 9:19 hours to add 88kWh which at 3.1 miles per =29.33 MPH and on 20 June 3:28 hours to add 25.7 kWh which again at 3.1 per = 22.76

·
Registered
54 Posts
Thanks Guy,
I'm trying to do the math here. We've only had the MME for 12 days now.
Naturally at first we are driving it all over the place getting used to it and just overall enjoying the heck out of it.
From what I can tell so far it takes about 41Kwh to go from about 30% to !00%.
We have charged it 3 times so far.
So 41Kwh x $0.36 per Kwh = $14.76 x 3 times =$44.28.
Extrapolating this 3rd and last 100% charging with a predicted range of 235 added to our odometer reading of 367 = 602
$44.28 divided by est. 602 miles = $0.0735 per mile.

My math is questionable and correct me if I need to be shown the light.
We have a solar installation at the house.
We're using the Ford Mobile Charger at the NEMA 14-50 240V outlet straight from the grid.
Seems our Electric bill is going to go up by a significant amount.
Possibly $60 to $90 per month.
We sold the my wife's Lincoln MKZ Hybrid. But I don't think we were paying that much a month to fuel the thing.
It was getting 39 to 43 MPG and she drove it 600 to 700 miles a month (small island!)
700 miles divided by 39mpg = 17.94 gals per month times $4 gal = approx $72 a month for gas.
Might be a wash....
But we have a new and rare car on island, the 1st one and only so far.
It's fun and fast. People love it and want to know all about it.
If gas prices go down and electric rates go up it may cost us more to run it than the hybrid.
Like I said, We've had it only 12 days. My wife has let me drive it....... twice.
I can't pry her fingers off the steering wheel.
So its all MOOT!

J.dog

·
Registered
54 Posts
Another inquiry,
What about my Solar Installation?
On a sunny day in the summer it seems I'm making between 23 to 28 Kwh daily.
I end up selling most of that back to the power company.
At a reduced rate of course.
They buy it back at about $0.11 per kWh and in turn sell it us at $0.36, what a gyp.
If we are cautious about consumption around the house in summer we can usually generate credits for a couple of months.
Is there a solar solution to charge our MME's?

j dog

·
Super Moderator
2,997 Posts
I have a ChargePoint Flex EVSE installed on a 60a cirvuit (48a delivered), which gets the max possible from the on-board 11.5 kW charger (E4X). I get about 35 miles / hour charge.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Yes it seems like a lot of us are getting that promised 20mph charge rate.
And what does that cost you to get to 100% from the power company?
Of course I realize there is high rates and low rates of cost per kWh.
Anybody want to divulge their costs per mile or how much it costs to fill up?
J.D

·
Super Moderator
2,997 Posts
J.D
I’m in Northern NJ. It currently costs me $.197 /kWh (incl delivery charges). Theoretically, if I charge from 0% to 100% on the ER battery, it would cost me $17.33 for a fill-up.

It’s better to look at the cost per mile than fill-up costs. I’m getting 3.9+ miles/kWh with my driving habits, or $.05/mile. I’m averaging 1000/month. So my cost is $50/month for ‘fuel’ by charging at home.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
J.D
our flat rate kwh is 5.7 cents, when you add in taxes I round it up to 10 cents for calculations First 800 miles I"m averaging 4.4m/kwh

·
Premium Member
2021 Star White RWD/ER Premium
2,625 Posts
While driving costs are very important (currently Costco 91 is $3.90 per), for me, not standing in 117 degree heat to pump gas is a JOY! 🥵

1 - 20 of 27 Posts