Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
In case you guy's wanted to know where that 20mph came from:

220V * 32A is 7.04kWh of energy. Averaging 3.5mi/kWh so 7.04kWh * 3.5 = 24.6mph. But remove about 20% in loss of power cord/power box you get about 20mph. (y)
Would a shorter charging cord make a difference?

·
Registered
381 Posts
220V * 32A is 7.04kWh of energy. Averaging 3.5mi/kWh so 7.04kWh * 3.5 = 24.6mph. But remove about 20% in loss of power cord/power box you get about 20mph. (y)
Why do many people say 110v and 220v, when 120v and 240v are more accurate. Every time I measure it is closer to 120 and 240. My Juice Box 40 gives me real time voltage and amps. I always see just over 240 volts and my amps run about 39.5 so 9.5 kwh per charging hour. (Losses not included of course).

·
Premium Member
2021 Star White RWD/ER Premium
2,625 Posts
Why do many people say 110v and 220v, when 120v and 240v are more accurate. Every time I measure it is closer to 120 and 240. My Juice Box 40 gives me real time voltage and amps. I always see just over 240 volts and my amps run about 39.5 so 9.5 kwh per charging hour. (Losses not included of course).
110v / 220v; 115v / 230v and 120v /240v are often used interchangeably. In the US it was originally set by Edison at 110v upped to 115v around 40 or so years ago but the standard is now 120v / 240v. I check mine on a quarterly basis by sticking a flathead screwdriver in an outlet then measure how high my remaining hairs stand up⚡💥🔥

·
Registered
381 Posts
110v / 220v; 115v / 230v and 120v /240v are often used interchangeably. In the US it was originally set by Edison at 110v upped to 115v around 40 or so years ago but the standard is now 120v / 240v. I check mine on a quarterly basis by sticking a flathead screwdriver in an outlet then measure how high my remaining hairs stand up⚡💥🔥
Apology for OT: LOL, I grew up on a farm where we had electric fences that gave a pulsed high voltage low amperage charge to control cattle and pigs that got too adventurous in testing the boundaries of the fence. My dad would regularly check if the fence was working by grabbing the wire and see how strong the pulse was. I also did this. It would make your arm jump slightly. It was best not to do this just after a rain when the ground was wet. It was perfectly safe but there were many farmers scared to do this. Maybe that's why I find ev's fascinating!

·
Premium Member
2021 Star White RWD/ER Premium
2,625 Posts
Apology for OT: LOL, I grew up on a farm where we had electric fences that gave a pulsed high voltage low amperage charge to control cattle and pigs that got too adventurous in testing the boundaries of the fence. My dad would regularly check if the fence was working by grabbing the wire and see how strong the pulse was. I also did this. It would make your arm jump slightly. It was best not to do this just after a rain when the ground was wet. It was perfectly safe but there were many farmers scared to do this. Maybe that's why I find ev's fascinating!
Almost killed myself on an old RCA cathode ray TV with a transformer box. Decided to "jiggle" a loose wire to the power tube and took a full hit that went up my arm across my chest and down the other arm. Gave me a renewed respect for A/C current.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I just checked mine…using a ChargePoint at home hardwired. I get about 34 miles/hour. I get about 11.5 kWh.

·
Super Moderator
2,997 Posts
I just checked mine…using a ChargePoint at home hardwired. I get about 34 miles/hour. I get about 11.5 kWh.
I get the same. My ChargePoint is on a 60a circuit. 50a circuits will deliver about 24 miles.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts