Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry if this topic was covered before.

So, I will need to change out my summer performance tires on the GT Performance model come this fall/winter due to my location in NJ. I wanted to get a head start on this.

I want to purchase a second set of wheels. The Ford Parts Department does not currently have any information on extra wheels for this model yet. Tire Rack is still researching this for the GT Performance version due to the larger Brembo brakes (interestingly, Tire Rack seems to have quite a few options for this tire size). And I read something on one of the forums (maybe this one) about the MRR brand options.

I wish to keep the same tire/wheel size (245/45R20), but would like to avoid a more generic version of wheel that requires rings and/or spacers to fit this vehicle.

Any suggestions at this point in time...? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I am interested in ideas as well, I'm in Ontario. I got news from the dealer that my GT should arrive within the next 10 weeks, so that's good news.

I will be taking them down to 17" or 18" for the Blizzaks or X-Ice (Whichever is cheaper). I was thinking of just ordering the 18" Mach-E rims.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I'm going to do the exact same thing as you. I'm not expecting a ford option, but if they offer a winter tire/wheel package I'll take it. On my current car, I run 20s with Pilot Sport 4s's in the summer and 19's with less interesting tires in the winter so, I'll probably do something similar here.

IcoHolic, do you know if 18's will fit over the brakes?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm going to do the exact same thing as you. I'm not expecting a ford option, but if they offer a winter tire/wheel package I'll take it. On my current car, I run 20s with Pilot Sport 4s's in the summer and 19's with less interesting tires in the winter so, I'll probably do something similar here.

IcoHolic, do you know if 18's will fit over the brakes?
That I don't know, I was going to wait until it showed up as built and then dive into the winter tire thing for delivery. Looking at the calendar, I'm going to have them on for delivery.

·
Registered
18 Posts
That I don't know, I was going to wait until it showed up as built and then dive into the winter tire thing for delivery. Looking at the calendar, I'm going to have them on for delivery.
Yeah, I'm hoping either Ford has an answer or they send one to Tire Rack for dimensions. I don't think a single GT has been delivered yet right?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yeah, I'm hoping either Ford has an answer or they send one to Tire Rack for dimensions. I don't think a single GT has been delivered yet right?
Correct, as of last week, none had been VIN'd yet according to my dealer.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts