·
Registered
2016 Nissan Leaf, 2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition reserved
997 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
from 2021 Mustang Mach-E Production Scheduled To Begin This October

2021 Mustang Mach-E Production Scheduled To Begin This October
by Brett FooteJuly 6, 2020, 9:36 am

Back in May, we received word that the 2021 Mustang Mach-E was on track to be delivered to U.S. customers in late 2020, and European customers in early 2021. Shortly thereafter, we learned that order banks for Ford’s first-ever all-electric SUV were set to open up on June 22nd. But what we didn’t know, until know, was when Mach-E production was going to begin.

Now, Ford Authority has learned that Mach-E production is scheduled to begin at the Ford Cuautitlan Plant in Mexico on October 26th, 2020. This aligns with the timelines we’ve received so far, as the automaker was adamant that it never specified which month deliveries would begin. With production starting in the fall, it should have no problem getting physical inventory in the hands of customers before the year is over.
Sponsored Links

Early adopters are getting a more powerful Mach-E than originally expected, too. Ford recently announced that power figures for the lineup had improved after final engineering following a rumor which suggested that its numbers would be higherby the time the Mach-E went on sale.

The official numbers are 346 horsepower/258 kilowatts and 428 pound-feet of torque for the extended-range all-wheel-drive Mach-E, 290 horsepower/216 kilowatts and 317 pound-feet for extended-range rear-wheel-drive models, 266 horsepower/198 kilowatts and 428 pound-feet for standard-range all-wheel-drive models, and 266 horsepower/198 kilowatts and 317 pound-feet of torque for standard-range rear-wheel-drive models.
Sponsored Links

Ford’s first-ever all-electric SUV will be packing a ton of cool tech when it launches late this year, including over-the-air update capability, serious winter driving chops, quick-charging capability, and the ability to accurately predict range based on real-time data. Plus, buyers will also receive up to five free charges at Electrify America charging stations.

2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E

Ford is currently inviting Mach-E reservation holders to convert their reservations to orders. However, some have reported that dealers are already marking up their future inventory.

·
Registered
3 Posts
from 2021 Mustang Mach-E Production Scheduled To Begin This October

2021 Mustang Mach-E Production Scheduled To Begin This October
by Brett FooteJuly 6, 2020, 9:36 am

Back in May, we received word that the 2021 Mustang Mach-E was on track to be delivered to U.S. customers in late 2020, and European customers in early 2021. Shortly thereafter, we learned that order banks for Ford’s first-ever all-electric SUV were set to open up on June 22nd. But what we didn’t know, until know, was when Mach-E production was going to begin.

Now, Ford Authority has learned that Mach-E production is scheduled to begin at the Ford Cuautitlan Plant in Mexico on October 26th, 2020. This aligns with the timelines we’ve received so far, as the automaker was adamant that it never specified which month deliveries would begin. With production starting in the fall, it should have no problem getting physical inventory in the hands of customers before the year is over.
Sponsored Links

Early adopters are getting a more powerful Mach-E than originally expected, too. Ford recently announced that power figures for the lineup had improved after final engineering following a rumor which suggested that its numbers would be higherby the time the Mach-E went on sale.

The official numbers are 346 horsepower/258 kilowatts and 428 pound-feet of torque for the extended-range all-wheel-drive Mach-E, 290 horsepower/216 kilowatts and 317 pound-feet for extended-range rear-wheel-drive models, 266 horsepower/198 kilowatts and 428 pound-feet for standard-range all-wheel-drive models, and 266 horsepower/198 kilowatts and 317 pound-feet of torque for standard-range rear-wheel-drive models.
Sponsored Links

Ford’s first-ever all-electric SUV will be packing a ton of cool tech when it launches late this year, including over-the-air update capability, serious winter driving chops, quick-charging capability, and the ability to accurately predict range based on real-time data. Plus, buyers will also receive up to five free charges at Electrify America charging stations.

2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E

Ford is currently inviting Mach-E reservation holders to convert their reservations to orders. However, some have reported that dealers are already marking up their future inventory.
I wonder when they will some test vehicles for the dealerships so people can test drive.

·
Super Moderator
1,216 Posts
I wonder when they will some test vehicles for the dealerships so people can test drive.
I just asked my dealer this very question this morning. He said based on the public response, he doesn’t think there will be any demo’s any time soon. maybe one of those pre-production units may show up in a dealer rotation.

He also said that most of his reservation holders have converted, and the remaining two non-GT reservations say they will convert before July 30. he also has some non-reservation orders. He had three such orders just this morning.

·
Registered
2016 Nissan Leaf, 2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition reserved
997 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OK, I just poked around in Blue Oval Forums and saw:

On 7/5/2020 at 8:11 AM, ice-capades said:
Per Friday's FDNB (Fleet Distribution News Bulletin), here's the production timetable for the 2021 Mustang Mach-E.
  • 06/22/2020 - 2021MY Order Bank Open Date
  • 08/20/2020 - 2021MY Scheduling Begins
  • 10/26/2020 - 2021MY Job #1 Date
So that explains the news broken by Ford Authority.

This also means that reservations converted to orders by the 7/31 First Edition deadline will be part of the first build scheduling. Not sure if orders through 8/20 would still make it into the first scheduling. We'd need someone with more details on how that works to be sure.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts