Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone confirmed if Ford is going to roll out the software update to the 2021s to increase our battery capacity of the 2022s/ 2023s? For my select increasing from 68 kwh to 70 kwh is a 17 mile increase, a big deal when you're trying to find a working EA charger on a roadtrip.. Having a Tesla as well this would have happened 12 months ago.

· Registered
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD ER
482 Posts
Has anyone confirmed if Ford is going to roll out the software update to the 2021s to increase our battery capacity of the 2022s/ 2023s? For my select increasing from 68 kwh to 70 kwh is a 17 mile increase, a big deal when you're trying to find a working EA charger on a roadtrip.. Having a Tesla as well this would have happened 12 months ago.
1) They already rolled it out.

2) No, you can't possibly gain 17 miles. At most, you're getting 4 miles per kWh (most get around 3). An increase of 2kWh is 8.

· Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That's 17 miles. All software related supposedly. Was there a software version that rolled out the update? Never saw anything yet referenced expanding the battery capacity.

· Premium Member
2021 Star White RWD/ER Premium
3,245 Posts
It's been my understanding that the 21s won't be getting the additional kWh increase in usage. I think that Ford believes that all of us with 21s will rush out and spend $70k for a new MMe to get 3 additional kWhs

· Registered
28 Posts
What is the latest software number for a 2021 MMe premium ?

Thanks, RWJ1414

· Registered
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD ER
482 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts