Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The 2022 Expedition gets a supersized version of the Sync 4a screen found in the Mach-E. Since this is an early prototype, I hope the final version the screen doesn't look as out of place as it does here.

·
Registered
Model 3 -> Mach-E First Edition
88 Posts
Unfortunately the 2021 Edge's reuse of the Mach-E screen (but without the knob) looks (to me) absolutely horrendous because the dash wasn't designed for it and they just shoehorned it in. Since Expedition is not "all-new" I'm guessing it'll be somewhere in between Mach-E where the screen was designed for it, and this Edge abomination:

What will be interesting is whether Expedition is really getting the knob or if that's just a prototype literally borrowed from a Mach-E, and if they do get the knob, why Edge didn't, and ended up with the saddest control panel I've ever seen below the screen.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Unfortunately the 2021 Edge's reuse of the Mach-E screen (but without the knob) looks (to me) absolutely horrendous because the dash wasn't designed for it and they just shoehorned it in. Since Expedition is not "all-new" I'm guessing it'll be somewhere in between Mach-E where the screen was designed for it, and this Edge abomination:

View attachment 2918

What will be interesting is whether Expedition is really getting the knob or if that's just a prototype literally borrowed from a Mach-E, and if they do get the knob, why Edge didn't, and ended up with the saddest control panel I've ever seen below the screen.
Wow. Terrible.

Unfortunately, we'll have to get used to it till a complete redesign of these interiors are done. Ford knows there's little downside, if any, to just fitting these massive screens in older dash designs. The level of tech they bring greatly offset the poor aesthetics

Other than our MME's, the 2021 F-150 has the best looking big screen setup I've seen in any new Ford:

·
Super Moderator
1,421 Posts

View attachment 2918

The Expedition dash here is stripped bare, except for the MMe screen. I hope the final design is better.

The Edge, having only a 12” screen, explains the absence of the knob. The buttons at the bottom remind me of a Lego robot:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts