Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner
21 - 40 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
I ordered a RWD extended range E Mach on June 30, 2021 and was notified on October 1, 2021 that my E Mach would be a 2022. I have not seen or received any updates as to the build time of the vehicle. When I checked my info on Ford.com the dealer now is charging me 5K for dealer prep instead of the original 1.5k that was first listed. I am considering canceling my order.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Some of us ordered back in April 2021, were never switched to 2022 models, and are still awaiting our 2021 models. We are very angry that folks who ordered many, many months after us are already getting 2022 models build AND delivered before we get our models ordered many months before. Disgusting! Many of us are ready to walk away and now order Teslas after this horrible treatment by Ford. Disgusting customer treatment!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
OP here. I still don't see anyone who ordered a 22 Premium getting one yet. That was my point. I did see a 22 Select in inventory at a local dealer - but no Premium's. I think they build by model.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Still Waiting for my 2022 Premium AWD ER. Ordered mid October, no production date yet. I'm being patient but curious if anyone has received a 2022 that they ordered vs bought off lot. I seem to remember a post where it was suggested Ford would build, beginning in November 2021, the California first, Select second and Premium after that. Not sure about GT.
My Premium AWD was built in October, and they promised delivery in November, then December, and now they say it will be end of January. I talked to the dealer and he said it was in my state, but waiting for a truck to bring it down to the dealership. 2+ months to move a car 100 miles. SMH. Good luck and don't hold your breath

·
Registered
3 Posts
Still Waiting for my 2022 Premium AWD ER. Ordered mid October, no production date yet. I'm being patient but curious if anyone has received a 2022 that they ordered vs bought off lot. I seem to remember a post where it was suggested Ford would build, beginning in November 2021, the California first, Select second and Premium after that. Not sure about GT.
I am also awaiting a manufacturing schedule.I ordered in October 2021. Ford confirmed the order, but then nothing. I understand that Ford is not ever responding to dealer requests for this information. Anyone have an answer

·
Registered
1 Posts
i ordered my MME Premium AWD ER on August 13th. Just learned the "build" date is March 28th.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Ordered my GT on October 3rd as a 2022 model. Production date is currently 2/21. We will see if it gets delayed. I received my VIN about 3 weeks ago which was about the same time I received the production date.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Been reading lately that Ford's strategy with the chip shortage is to build/sell their higher end models (ie GT) to keep profit higher delaying lower end models until they can get caught up on chips. Seems like the 2022 MMEGT's have been getting quick build dates after order (or at least quicker).

·
Registered
2 Posts
08/2021 ordered premium, but they maxed out of 2021’s and so was converted to 2022 on 10/01/2021.
Through several iterations, build week was 01/10/2022, with build date finally 01/19/2022 and estimated delivery was mid February, then mid March. Just got update. Estimated delivery is now mid June, with no explanation, no heads up. I found it out by myself. Lots of 01/10/2022 build week in the same boat. Not happy at all

·
Registered
22 Star White Prem AWD EX ordered 11/12/21
59 Posts
08/2021 ordered premium, but they maxed out of 2021’s and so was converted to 2022 on 10/01/2021.
Through several iterations, build week was 01/10/2022, with build date finally 01/19/2022 and estimated delivery was mid February, then mid March. Just got update. Estimated delivery is now mid June, with no explanation, no heads up. I found it out by myself. Lots of 01/10/2022 build week in the same boat. Not happy at all
I wonder if the delay has to do with computer chips? Recent news articles seem to imply the chip shortage has gotten worse again. I ordered an F-150 truck in May of 2021. It was built in July and then sat in a Ford lot waiting for computer chips - perhaps they are doing the same with the MME. I finally took delivery in mid-November 2021 - a total wait time of about 6 months. I ordered my MME in November. At the time, they told me delivery would be in February or March. At this point, based on all the information I've read on this forum, I'm hoping to have it before summer is over!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I wonder if the delay has to do with computer chips? Recent news articles seem to imply the chip shortage has gotten worse again. I ordered an F-150 truck in May of 2021. It was built in July and then sat in a Ford lot waiting for computer chips - perhaps they are doing the same with the MME. I finally took delivery in mid-November 2021 - a total wait time of about 6 months. I ordered my MME in November. At the time, they told me delivery would be in February or March. At this point, based on all the information I've read on this forum, I'm hoping to have it before summer is over!
My belief is that it is microchips. I check the shop.ford.com site for updates, and saw my estimated delivery move several months out, with no explanation from Ford. The chip issue isn’t Ford’s fault. The lack of PR is.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I ordered my GTPE on 9/28/21 from a very good dealer. (Professional and everything in writing.) They had to input information the next week because of the 2022 turnover. I then took Ford three weeks to establish the order date. On Friday I finally got a VIN and a 3/28/22 production date. Six months from order to build (maybe) and then they have to haul it up here.

I see Ford as essentially putting together cars with the parts they have on hand. If your necessary chip or paint color or wheel style isn’t on the shelf, you go to the back of the line. Cars are an international kludge - and the stuff ain’t made at the factory. Covid has screwed up production and shipping all over the world - not just with chips. And there are other factors going on in Mexico that are influencing parts supply and vehicle transportation.

Ford may be an oversized organization that can’t figure out what each department is doing but they are also trying to make cars in a market of international turmoil and in a country with marginal stability. Their PR does suck pond water but at least they could tell us that their crystal ball is broken.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Us, too — ordered 09/27/2021, moved to '22 and scheduled for production week of 01/03/2022 (then 01/13/2022). Have a VIN, estimated delivery on 03/03/2022. It's a RWD CA Route 1, Dark Matter Gray.
Update: Last Friday our 2/17/22 delivery date was moved to 5/18/22! Ford does not understand customer service, but they do know how to really tick-off their customers!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Wondering if you have received any information on vin or the order. I also placed order in Nov 2021 and have not heard anything
There seems to be a four month lead time from order to VIN and build date. Your dealer can provide both when Ford releases the information. You will need your VIN and order number to track anything online yourself.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I ordered 5/4/21 and my production date is 2/14/22 (it's been moved back twice now). Ford's production makes no sense - orders at my dealer that are just like mine, but behind me, have already been delivered.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I ordered a AWD Premium SR on Feb7, order accepted. Today dealer called and said the car has A greater chance of being built if I agree to go without backup assist Which will installed later by the dealer. I agreed and received a new order summary without the BA and -$325. If the car ever shows up I will be even more shocked if the dealer installed BA happens.

21 - 40 of 65 Posts