Votes: 12 57.1%
  • No

Votes: 9 42.9%
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
An all-electric Mustang Sedan inspired by the Mach-E SUV could eventually happen.

Yes, Ford has been doing away with sedans but a solid business case can be made here. We don't have to look far either. Tesla's success with the Model S and Model 3 are clear examples of what consumers respond well to. Other automakers are gearing up to compete in the same space like Audi, Volkswagen, BMW, Polestar (Volvo), Toyota and more.

Also, Ford hasn't been clear on what other EV's are in the pipeline. So the potential for this to happen is very real!

Would you buy the Mach-S sedan?

2023-Ford-Mustang-Mach-S-Four-Door-Sedan-01.jpg
2023-Ford-Mustang-Mach-S-Four-Door-Sedan-02.jpg
2023-Ford-Mustang-Mach-S-Four-Door-Sedan-03.jpg

·
Registered
658 Posts
Sedan seems like a wise next move.

Although the F-150 EV is more important and an EV version of the Explorer would be fantastic! Something to take on the Rivian R1S

·
Registered
2016 Nissan Leaf, 2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition reserved
1,019 Posts
That’s a very different question: would you buy an electric F-150? Yes, although perhaps Rivian R1T instead. Time to replace my 2003 Tacoma with an electric truck.

·
Registered
789 Posts
An all-electric Mustang Sedan inspired by the Mach-E SUV could eventually happen.

Yes, Ford has been doing away with sedans but a solid business case can be made here. We don't have to look far either. Tesla's success with the Model S and Model 3 are clear examples of what consumers respond well to. Other automakers are gearing up to compete in the same space like Audi, Volkswagen, BMW, Polestar (Volvo), Toyota and more.

Also, Ford hasn't been clear on what other EV's are in the pipeline. So the potential for this to happen is very real!

Would you buy the Mach-S sedan?

View attachment 1235 View attachment 1236 View attachment 1237
For me I'd be very interested in an electric performance sedan from Ford. But I'm in the minority of car buyers. Everyone wants trucks and SUVs so the electric F-150 and other electric SUVs are going to be Ford's priority.

·
Registered
789 Posts
That’s a very different question: would you buy an electric F-150? Yes, although perhaps Rivian R1T instead. Time to replace my 2003 Tacoma with an electric truck.
The electric truck market has some interesting vehicles coming out. The R1T, electric F-150, Cybertruck, and the electric Hummer pickup.

·
Registered
588 Posts
I much prefer cars over SUVs/trucks. Unfortunately, I am running the wheels off my car with my daily commute (coronavirus excluded of course) so need to get another car long before 2023. I know I am among the minority, but I've always liked smaller sportier rides over SUVs and vans.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
I guess the real question here should be "Should Ford build a Mach-S Sedan". I definitely want to see an electric Mustang Coupe. I'm not sure it makes sense to broaden the "Mustang Line" to a sedan as well. At some point, every sporty Ford could become a Mustang. I think that dilutes the brand. I definitely think an all electric Ford sedan is needed, including a sport model. Would I buy one? We don't really need a third vehicle. Once I have the Mach E and I find an electric replacement for my pickup, I'm good.

·
Registered
597 Posts
I guess the real question here should be "Should Ford build a Mach-S Sedan". I definitely want to see an electric Mustang Coupe. I'm not sure it makes sense to broaden the "Mustang Line" to a sedan as well. At some point, every sporty Ford could become a Mustang. I think that dilutes the brand. I definitely think an all electric Ford sedan is needed, including a sport model. Would I buy one? We don't really need a third vehicle. Once I have the Mach E and I find an electric replacement for my pickup, I'm good.
I agree with you @ChasingCoral, should Ford make a performance electric sedan? Yes of course why not. But should they use the mustang brand for that? no. They should use another name, like bringing back the Galaxy or the Falcon names.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
A source told the media that the Mustang family will grow to include at least one more model.

“We’re looking at more EVs, hybrids, sedans, crossovers, coupe EVs, convertible EVs, rear-drive, all-wheel drive, you name it. There’s probably going to be a fistfight over a pickup called Mustang, though,” the source told Autoweek. Don’t hold your breath for a truck, though.

It’s more likely for the Ford Motor Company to go down the four-door coupe route, a recipe that has worked and continues to work wonders for Porsche, Mercedes-Benz, and BMW. “The aim is for the Mustang-badged vehicles to be the more performance-oriented of the two sub-brands,” he added, referring to the Bronco family that currently consists of two models. ~
AE

see also:

·
Registered
789 Posts
A source told the media that the Mustang family will grow to include at least one more model.

“We’re looking at more EVs, hybrids, sedans, crossovers, coupe EVs, convertible EVs, rear-drive, all-wheel drive, you name it. There’s probably going to be a fistfight over a pickup called Mustang, though,” the source told Autoweek. Don’t hold your breath for a truck, though.

It’s more likely for the Ford Motor Company to go down the four-door coupe route, a recipe that has worked and continues to work wonders for Porsche, Mercedes-Benz, and BMW. “The aim is for the Mustang-badged vehicles to be the more performance-oriented of the two sub-brands,” he added, referring to the Bronco family that currently consists of two models. ~
AE

see also:
If there is a Mustang 4-Door, Ford will probably try to design it like BMW does with their "Grand Coupes" with a very sleek, sloped back.

·
Premium Member
2018 Fusion Energi Burgundy Velvet Platinum
755 Posts
This is actually a really nice rendering of a Mach-E sedan.

View attachment 2250
Certainly a stylish look and yes if they had built it back in 2018 when I bought the Energi then it would have been my car. However, despite the fact that for a couple of decades I have selected low, sporty and quick, I'm looking forward to a rear deck hatch and more space.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I may be n outlier but I am definitely not at all a fan of these renderings.
I am really not a fan of the Tesla approach where the vehicles are pretty much the same shape but stretched in different directions. Saw a MY recently and it looks like a M3 with a beehive hairdo.
I would prefer that Ford use design elements that tie the electric family together with some shared elements but with each vehicle having it's own distinctive design.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I may be n outlier but I am definitely not at all a fan of these renderings.
I am really not a fan of the Tesla approach where the vehicles are pretty much the same shape but stretched in different directions. Saw a MY recently and it looks like a M3 with a beehive hairdo.
I would prefer that Ford use design elements that tie the electric family together with some shared elements but with each vehicle having it's own distinctive design.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk
Lucky for you and many others like yourself, me included, Ford never takes that lazy approach. If a Mach-S sedan actually happens then we'll likely see some firsts in a sporty Ford sedan. For design I would like to see it be more angular like this Audi e-tron GT.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Personally I need the SUV for carrying baby crap around and a sedan would be too small but I’d welcome for people that’d prefer one

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Remember Ford has written off all non-SUV configurations except for trucks and the Mustang Coupe.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts