Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am confused by the information I have seen about the GT trim. I have seen 235 or 250 miles on Ford’s site and I want to know which is it?

·
Registered
331 Posts
Who knows?! Most places, they seem to indicate 235 miles. I'm only seeing 250 on the main web page, though not in the Compare Models specs on that same page. :p

So, it does seem that there will be two different versions: GT and GT Performance. Maybe the Performance package is targeting 235, while GT is targeting 250?

Also, in multiple videos of Ford officials that I've seen, they'll say "AT LEAST xyz miles" so it seems these "targeting" numbers are being viewed as conservative figures by Ford's management.

·
Registered
57 Posts
So, it does seem that there will be two different versions: GT and GT Performance. Maybe the Performance package is targeting 235, while GT is targeting 250?
+1.
I bet the GT and GT Performance are why we see a discrepancy. If I had to guess, it's the GT Performance's MagneRide suspension which uses computer sensors and electrical currents to change the shock damping rates at an incredibly high frequency.

·
Registered
275 Posts
And remember that all those figures are based on slow/medium speed driving, not fast (interstate). Even the EPA "highway" figure is based mostly on 55 MPH, not 65 or 75 where BEV efficiency typically drops 25-30%.

Always need to take that into account when estimating how far you can go on a charge. If you're expecting much of it to be at interstate speeds, I'd take at least 50 miles off those figures.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts