Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner
21 - 36 of 36 Posts

· Registered
2021 MME Rapid Red California route 1 RWD
35 Posts
Just picked up (1/9) a 2023 Mach E Cali RT 1 which comes with extended battery range (300+ miles) but at full charge it only shows 260 miles range. Is anybody else experiencing the same problem or what could be the issue? if anyone can put some light on to this please.
Did you have the dealer do all the software upgrades before you took delivery? There was a GOM upgrade a while ago.

I have a CR1 in Northern NJ, and 260 at 30 deg F was what I got before the upgrade, today it's 30 here and I show 280.
The older software underestimated the range, the new is more accurate.

You can go back to the dealer to get the upgrade (for free) or just wait for an OTA upgrade.

· Registered
2 Posts
Just picked up (1/9) a 2023 Mach E Cali RT 1 which comes with extended battery range (300+ miles) but at full charge it only shows 260 miles range. Is anybody else experiencing the same problem or what could be the issue? if anyone can put some light on to this please.
Welcome to winter. All electric vehicles have reduced range when it is cold outside. Sometimes 40 percent less. You will get your 300 miles if you do all city driving on a 75 degree day with no bursts of acceleration and one pedal drive. The same way a Prius gets 50 plus mpg if you do not pretend it’s a Porsche.

· Registered
10 Posts
I own a ‘21 Premium AWD ER. Should be 270 miles max, but in practice, we rarely get regenerative braking (almost all highway miles). I’m in California, so winter rarely goes below 45 degrees for me. On a warm sunny day, we’ll get 245 miles on 100% charge. Anything else? 210-220. It still works for us.

· Registered
1 Posts
Battery range will increase in warmer weather. I assume you live in a colder climate

· Registered
19 Posts
I understand your frustration, and disagree with several of the posts that replied to you - as a one week new car, it doesn't know how you drive so your driving habits couldn't be the reason the gauge is showing 260. Temps could be the culprit, but I live in San Diego, where temperature is rarely an issue and I have the same issue with the gauge never having shown my max/true range.

I picked my car up in October, and now have 3500 miles on it. The range gauge as never shown "247" at 100% charge (I have standard range battery). Most it's ever shown is 230. But I largely ignore it because I know that my car is delivering 3.7 miles/kWhr over those 3500 miles...which translates to around 260 miles range (3.7 x 70), which is actually better than stated max. range for the car. And I have confirmed this number (as shown in my "Trip 2" which I set to zero when I got the car and have not reset it), through the app as well as through the miles driven and kwhrs input through charging on many individual road trips. Bottom line, look at your percent battery gauge and use that in combination with your current condition miles/kwhr data (can use Current Trip and/or Trip 1 as an easy monitor) to accurately calculate your range. For some reason the miles range gauge "guess o meter" others refer to is drastically conservative....in my case its nearly 20% off on the low side. For some reason Ford engineered it that way intentionally.

· Registered
2023 Mach E California Rt 1 & 2018 Shelby GT350
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
I understand your frustration, and disagree with several of the posts that replied to you - as a one week new car, it doesn't know how you drive so your driving habits couldn't be the reason the gauge is showing 260. Temps could be the culprit, but I live in San Diego, where temperature is rarely an issue and I have the same issue with the gauge never having shown my max/true range.

I picked my car up in October, and now have 3500 miles on it. The range gauge as never shown "247" at 100% charge (I have standard range battery). Most it's ever shown is 230. But I largely ignore it because I know that my car is delivering 3.7 miles/kWhr over those 3500 miles...which translates to around 260 miles range (3.7 x 70), which is actually better than stated max. range for the car. And I have confirmed this number (as shown in my "Trip 2" which I set to zero when I got the car and have not reset it), through the app as well as through the miles driven and kwhrs input through charging on many individual road trips. Bottom line, look at your percent battery gauge and use that in combination with your current condition miles/kwhr data (can use Current Trip and/or Trip 1 as an easy monitor) to accurately calculate your range. For some reason the miles range gauge "guess o meter" others refer to is drastically conservative....in my case its nearly 20% off on the low side. For some reason Ford engineered it that way intentionally.

Thanks for sharing your experience!!
Atfer driving the Mach E for a week did realize that temperature plays a big roll. now adays i get around 200-210 after 90% of charge and most of my driving on highway no chance of regenerative range. I have to charge it every two days just round trip to work is 62mils, and i will do that math and will see result. Thanks again!!

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Welcome to winter. All electric vehicles have reduced range when it is cold outside. Sometimes 40 percent less. You will get your 300 miles if you do all city driving on a 75 degree day with no bursts of acceleration and one pedal drive. The same way a Prius gets 50 plus mpg if you do not pretend it’s a Porsche.
Its going to awhile to see that kinda weather in CT. Still learning about EV in cold weather situation. I drive my Shelby GT350 at 75 degree day and beat Porsche... JK but thanks for shearing your experience.

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Did you have the dealer do all the software upgrades before you took delivery? There was a GOM upgrade a while ago.

I have a CR1 in Northern NJ, and 260 at 30 deg F was what I got before the upgrade, today it's 30 here and I show 280.

You can go back to the dealer to get the upgrade (for free) or just wait for an OTA upgrade.
That's a great Info man!!
I'm not actually sure what they did with software, I have to ask them.
After driving the new EV for a week in cold Connecticut weather, realize that weather plays a vital role, now it only shows 239 miles at full charge. But generally, i charge it only up to 90% which gives me around 200-210 miles. Really appreciate your input. Thanks!!!

· Registered
4 Posts

I have a 2022 extended battery AWD. In the summer at 90% charge I would average about 292 miles to a charge (324 at 100%). My previous 2021 Mache E was about 275 miles. My 90% charge now only takes me to 185 miles. It is winter averaging around 35 degrees. My car has been re programed which increased the mileage from 155 to 185. I believe that my battery is faulty or that something in the system is causing me low mileage. Anyone have any thoughts?

· Registered
12 Posts
I have a 2022 extended battery AWD. In the summer at 90% charge I would average about 292 miles to a charge (324 at 100%). My previous 2021 Mache E was about 275 miles. My 90% charge now only takes me to 185 miles. It is winter averaging around 35 degrees. My car has been re programed which increased the mileage from 155 to 185. I believe that my battery is faulty or that something in the system is causing me low mileage. Anyone have any thoughts?
My 2021 AWD Ext shows 180 miles at 90%. I would consider that typical for New England at 30-35 degrees. I use the heat as well the seat and steering wheel heaters which accounts for a significant portion.

· Registered
86 Posts
That's about 24% loss.
If you are driving in cold weather, with the heater turned up, that could be reasonable.
I recently had a problem charging.
I charged 37 miles on a level two charger. It took me four hours for that mileage.
In Ford literature, it said to expect 20 miles per charge hour on a level two charger.
I took it in to the dealer and sure enough a part was replaced and that fixed the charging rate.
I state this, because you "may" have a problem.
See what happens when you charge the car.

· Registered
47 Posts
Funny; my 2021 RWD premium standard battery (advertised 230 mile range) shows 254 mile range, following a rare full charge yesterday, in the Southern California "winter," following 22 months of battery degradation from daily usage. But I had advantage of 5 1/2 years of EV drive training in a 53 mile range Chevy Volt. I don't drive ICE style; I drive BEV style. And I only charge at 240 V/20 A. Only charge to 80%. It's no different from ICE driving. You can maximize or minimize mileage. In case of BEV, either run into the ground or conserve your "engine."

BEV drivers need to either change their mindset and drive styles, or else go back to dying ICE technology.

- Larry Weisenthal/Huntington Beach CA

· Registered
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD ER
512 Posts
Your car is fine. Read posts 2 and 3.

· Registered
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD ER
512 Posts
That's about 24% loss.
If you are driving in cold weather, with the heater turned up, that could be reasonable.
I recently had a problem charging.
I charged 37 miles on a level two charger. It took me four hours for that mileage.
In Ford literature, it said to expect 20 miles per charge hour on a level two charger.
I took it in to the dealer and sure enough a part was replaced and that fixed the charging rate.
I state this, because you "may" have a problem.
See what happens when you charge the car.
There is no "loss". You don't compare to EPA range, you compare to actual summer range.

Chargers don't provide miles, they provide kilowatts. A level 2 charger could be 16amps, 24amps, 32amps, 40amps, 48amps,... Ford says the Ford Mobile Charger provides about 20 miles in an hour, not "level 2 chargers". And that is simply an estimate.

If you get 3 miles per kilowatt hour in the summer, and 2.5 from a kilowatt hour in a winter, then that kilowatt hour provided you with less miles.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts