Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I have noticed something and not always trusting computers glad I added a little extra % of power for the snow tires and cold weather.

I started this trip with a 40Km cushion at the start to wind up with the yellow turtle indicator on and arriving at the EV Fast Charger with 9Kms remaining. Just a little too tight for comfort.

Although we monitored and limited our power use for the climate control, entertainment and even as far as the high beam lights we cut her close.

No question living in a remote area that is very cold in the winter takes a lot of planning and patience.

·
Registered
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD ER
317 Posts
You've learned a few things.

1) You can't look at the cushion and assume it's going to remain. This doesn't matter the temperature. And don't focus on the miles, focus on the battery percentage.
2) Heating the cabin takes a big bite.
3) Operating at that cold a temp is a huge hit on the battery. What was your miles per kilowatt and speed?

FYI, there is a recent update to help the HVAC at -5F and below. Did you get it yet? Notes tell you that's what it is.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Rick,
Thanks for the review and points. 23Kwh/100Km, (62 miles),at 100 KPH, (62mph) (Average).

We do have the HVAC update as well as the charge cycle update.

I would love a battery option in the Frunk to just power the HVAC in cold weather, and it would be nice to have another couple of inches road clearance .

1 - 4 of 4 Posts