Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last weekend I travelled to northern Michigan, my first long distance trip and I have to admit I had charging anxiety. I used the Ford map system, put in my final location and travelled with an 80% charge from the Detroit area to the Electrify America station in Bay City suggested by the map system, charged up using the quick charge and travelled the rest of the way to outside Rogers City. The next day I went in to Rogers City and Mike Lynch Ford let me use their charging system to charge up, since they had a MME on the lot which they kept plugged in. Their system took almost six hours to get to 80%, not a stellar charging system, but I was happy they let me use it. When I got home I sent the dealership a thank you email, and suggested that if they want to sell more MME's they should get a better charging system so they customers can get a better experience with charging.

The amazing part was when I got home, I plugged it in for an overnight charge at 100%, and the next morning it had charged to 100% with a 304 mile Est. distance! I guess I really stretched its legs, and yes....I know I won't get those numbers again unless I do longer trips, and the weather is warmer, but it was good to see it had exceeded the EPA estimate. I feel better about travelling on longer trips using the Ford map system and suggested charging locations. I have a ChargePoint for my home system, and have their app for possible charge locations, as well as a couple of other apps.

·
Registered
239 Posts
I went on a small weekend trip around Colorado searching for homes. We went 300 miles on a charge and still had miles leftover. I posted in the "phenomenal efficiency" thread. Those were in perfect weather conditions but I'm super happy I'm regularly getting above the rated 270 miles.

·
Registered
239 Posts
That's awesome! I haven't seen a Tesla charger yet except the Superchargers. But I might have to look at getting that adapter.

·
Registered
MME Premium extended range AWD
286 Posts
Last weekend I travelled to northern Michigan, my first long distance trip and I have to admit I had charging anxiety. I used the Ford map system, put in my final location and travelled with an 80% charge from the Detroit area to the Electrify America station in Bay City suggested by the map system, charged up using the quick charge and travelled the rest of the way to outside Rogers City. The next day I went in to Rogers City and Mike Lynch Ford let me use their charging system to charge up, since they had a MME on the lot which they kept plugged in. Their system took almost six hours to get to 80%, not a stellar charging system, but I was happy they let me use it. When I got home I sent the dealership a thank you email, and suggested that if they want to sell more MME's they should get a better charging system so they customers can get a better experience with charging.

The amazing part was when I got home, I plugged it in for an overnight charge at 100%, and the next morning it had charged to 100% with a 304 mile Est. distance! I guess I really stretched its legs, and yes....I know I won't get those numbers again unless I do longer trips, and the weather is warmer, but it was good to see it had exceeded the EPA estimate. I feel better about travelling on longer trips using the Ford map system and suggested charging locations. I have a ChargePoint for my home system, and have their app for possible charge locations, as well as a couple of other apps.

View attachment 5563
There is hope.

Attachments

·
Registered
Black Premium ER AWD, Ordered September 2020
31 Posts
Did find any difference using Tesla vrs Electrify America in charging speeds?
The Tesla charger I used was a Level 2 destination charger...the adapter won't work on Tesla's superchargers (those can charge Teslas only). The Level 2 charger I used was 6-7 kW, so much slower then an Electrify America Level 3 charger.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts