Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Obviously the range in the car will change based on how it's driven. This is a pretty interesting stat to see in one of the early test cars used by journalists.

This is a California Route 1 model.

I wonder what early owners will report.

on

·
Registered
164 Posts
I think the Premium RWD EX will have the highest range so I am hoping to see better numbers than that for mine but I tend to drive a little fast and always trying to beat the cars off the light. I have a bit of range anxiety as I am sure many do buying their first BEV.

·
Registered
448 Posts
I think the Premium RWD EX will have the highest range so I am hoping to see better numbers than that for mine but I tend to drive a little fast and always trying to beat the cars off the light. I have a bit of range anxiety as I am sure many do buying their first BEV.
California Route 1 range (estimated 305 EPA) is higher than Premium RWD EX range (estimated 300 EPA). It's achieved through lighter weight and smaller, more aerodynamic wheels on the CA Rt 1 versus the Premium.

But as they say, your mileage will vary! Especially when you drive a little fast and beat other cars off the light. :) :)

·
Registered
Mercedes Benz B250e
39 Posts
The shown range of a BEV varys extremely fast! It´s calculated on the fly depending on many factors like speed, temperature, electrical loads. Especially in winter the range can drop by 30%. The 349 miles in the picture above are extremely well calculated under optimal circumstances imho.
For example my B250e: After resetting the BC it shows a range of 124 miles at 100% SoC (State of Charge). In summertime it drops to 100 miles and in winter to 55.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Maybe it's because we're not doing a whole lot of driving due to the pandemic but I'm pretty much over any range anxiety.

If our extended range AWD gets ~150 miles in the dead of winter with ALL the conveniences. Heat, heated seats, stereo on, phones charging, etc... Not charging or draining all the way to protect battery life, we can go a week without plugging in. It'll pretty much work for 95%+ of all day/weekend trips we take - parents, in laws, brothers, sisters... all live within a 60 mile driving distance... NYC airports are similar distance, etc...

·
Registered
153 Posts
I wonder, if I leave my car in the airport long term parking, how much range will I loose in a week or month while the car sits "idle"?

·
Super Moderator
2,715 Posts
I wonder, if I leave my car in the airport long term parking, how much range will I loose in a week or month while the car sits "idle"?
How long a stay? The manual say to leave the SoC @ 50% if storing for 30 days or longer.

·
Registered
153 Posts
How long a stay? The manual say to leave the SoC @ 50% if storing for 30 days or longer.
Not expecting more than a month at a time. I'll check the manual. I'll likely leave more than 60% of charge but don't want come back and see that I don't have enough to reach back home.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
I've stopped driving my own car to the airport years go.
So many advantages:
  • One way rental comes out to ~$40 for a midsize, under $100 round trip. Cheaper than long term airport parking for most trips.
  • Eliminates any problems should my own car break down, get a flat, etc... call Hertz, leave the car, take an Uber.
  • No worrying about parking lot/garage damage over an extended period.
  • No need to bring my car key on the trip with no risk of losing it.
  • On return trips, allows the flexibility to change to different airports in the event of a delay (6 to choose from in my case - JFK, LGA, EWR, SWF, HPN, ALB) without having to fetch my car from the departure airport. Just change the rental reservation.
Picking up and dropping off the rental is pretty easy for me as Hertz is pretty close to my house/work.

·
Super Moderator
2,715 Posts
Not expecting more than a month at a time. I'll check the manual. I'll likely leave more than 60% of charge but don't want come back and see that I don't have enough to reach back home.
Just reporting what the manual says. Storing at too full a charge can degrade battery-life.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Obviously the range in the car will change based on how it's driven. This is a pretty interesting stat to see in one of the early test cars used by journalists.

View attachment 3319 on

View attachment 3319 on
Premium RWD - after a month and three full charges averaging 210 miles range / that's 50 / 50 combination freeway and in town - no complaints - no issues - still getting to know the intricacies.

·
Registered
164 Posts
California Route 1 range (estimated 305 EPA) is higher than Premium RWD EX range (estimated 300 EPA). It's achieved through lighter weight and smaller, more aerodynamic wheels on the CA Rt 1 versus the Premium.

But as they say, your mileage will vary! Especially when you drive a little fast and beat other cars off the light. :) :)
My range on a premium RWD Extended battery after a month and 100% charge is showing 277 so I am creeping up there. It goes down a bit when I start driving but I am happy to see it's getting better. My KwH is overall at 3.7 and going by the calculation of 88 kw battery X 3.7 = 325.6

1 - 13 of 13 Posts