Ford Mustang Mach-E -- News & Community Group, Join ... banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed on the Ford site that the Select does not have the 360 degree cameras. Do you think that will effect the automatous driving in the future?

·
Registered
136 Posts
The limited self driving capability will require the sensor bar behind the steering wheel, too. I'd heard or read that you'll need the 360 camera and parking assist 2.0 option in order to have the required hardware... so maybe that option (included on Premium trim) includes the required sensors But we haven't yet received enough detail from Ford to know for sure.

The vehicle won't ever receive fully autonomous driving capability. They've only promised hands free driving in certain scenarios -- it will still require an attentive driver.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Someone posted specs on each model and the 360 camera will be an option for the Select, but I noticed the Premium has it standard, at almost $7000 price difference.
Hmm isn’t the Tesla “Autopilot” feature an extra $7k?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Someone posted specs on each model and the 360 camera will be an option for the Select, but I noticed the Premium has it standard, at almost $7000 price difference.
Hmm isn’t the Tesla “Autopilot” feature an extra $7k?
Yes it is. The reality is that the concept is likely several years away. Tesla you buy it up front. You can buy it afterwards but at a higher price. Not sure how ford will handle it. I would assume it will be like their navigation updates. Pay a price and it will be downloaded.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts