Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If a 2017 Ford CMax Energi can obtain over 5 miles of range per KW used, then 400+ miles range on the Mach E should be doable.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hate to be a non-optimist here, but it ain't gonna happen. I was able to 4.5m/kwh in my bolt, but I struggle to get 3.4 m/kwh in my Nissan Leaf Plus. I am 60 years old and not an aggressive driver. I just don't see how a car weighing more than the Leaf with an motor that is 100hp stronger is going to get 4m/kwh. I would love to be wrong on this but just being realistic. I am expecting around 3 to 3.5 m/kwh.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Ford is going to "wall off" at least 9kWh from the battery, thus it's 90kWh not 99kWh that the Mach-E will have available at most. 3mi/kWh is reasonable if not conservative.

·
Registered
275 Posts
I'm guessing that's just a demo screen rather than real data. But even if it were, without knowing what conditions those miles were driven under, it doesn't tell much. You can jack up that number by driving favorable (city-like) conditions. But get on the interstate at high speed for an actual road trip (where range matters) and it plummets.

But having said that, 3.6 probably sounds about right for city.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Plus the Cmax Energi has a 140 kw motor in it. The Mach-e has a 210 kw motor (more if you get the AWD). More power drain.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Plus the Cmax Energi has a 140 kw motor in it. The Mach-e has a 210 kw motor (more if you get the AWD). More power drain.
Regarding more power, what I don't understand is how the 0-60 times are identical for the SR AWD (255 HP) and ER AWD (332 HP). How can that be if the ER has 77 HP more?

·
Registered
275 Posts
Regarding more power, what I don't understand is how the 0-60 times are identical for the SR AWD (255 HP) and ER AWD (332 HP). How can that be if the ER has 77 HP more?
That is odd. Although Ford's configuration page says "Targeting 0-60 in the mid five second range" (based on computer simulations), so it's kinda vague. The extra weight (around 300 lbs) for the additional ER batteries probably offsets some of the power gains but surely not all of it. "Mid-five" could end up being 5.3 for the ER and 5.7 for the SR. They left themselves wiggle room.

·
Registered
57 Posts
"Mid-five" could end up being 5.3 for the ER and 5.7 for the SR. They left themselves wiggle room.
I really do hope they quicken the acceleration times. A Tesla Model Y AWD has an "out of the box" time of 4.8s and if you factor in another half-second gain with their $2000 acceleration boost, they're down to 4.3s 0-60. That kicks the crap out of any non-GT Mach-E.

Toyota's RAV4 PHEV will do 5.8s 0-60. There's no excuse, imo, for a performance AWD Mustang EV to be comparable to a RAV4.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts