Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Interestingly different but since the Juice Box 40 has a 25ft cord I'm not completely sold on the practicality vs the additional cost and labor.
Any wall my Juicebox is installed on, the cable will have to lay on the garage floor. I just don't want to deal with the dirt, salt, melting snow, etc on the cable. My wife's workplace is still professional dress and I don't want her to have to deal with dirt on her suit or coat.

I found someone giving away a jogging stroller on Craigslist. A spring tool balancer + hardware will probably come in under $50 total.

·
Premium Member
2018 Fusion Energi Burgundy Velvet Platinum
1,211 Posts
Any wall my Juicebox is installed on, the cable will have to lay on the garage floor. I just don't want to deal with the dirt, salt, melting snow, etc on the cable. My wife's workplace is still professional dress and I don't want her to have to deal with dirt on her suit or coat.

I found someone giving away a jogging stroller on Craigslist. A spring tool balancer + hardware will probably come in under $50 total.
Sorry, I forget that not everyone lives in a place where they get 5% humidity, and where it seldom rains and the only salt that I deal with is what I use for cooking. Having spent the first 25 years of my life in NYC with no garage and three years in Northern Virginia (no garage) I get it. (y)

·
Registered
MME First Edition Rapid Red
219 Posts
@Jhalkias set his garage up with a similar idea with ~$75 in parts from Amazon. I’ve ordered the parts but haven’t installed it yet.

Reelcraft TB-05 Tool Balancer for... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B002CVTKK6?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

evCHARGEsolutions.com EV Charging... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01BU789PY?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share
Nope Mark, that wasn't me. I did the Grizzl-E but not the tool balancer. I do think that is a cool idea, but can't remember who did it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I wanted something to keep the cord off my floor as well (been driving EVs for years now). I use a “docking station” to attach to the garage wall near my “spot.” The end of the charger plugs into it and the extra chord loops around the top. It’s less than $20 on Amazon.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts