Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ford's new credit card gives you 5% back on Ford dealership purchases, a $100 sign up bonus, and a $200 statement credit every year. Many dealers will accept a credit card for down payments without charging an additional fee, so if you paid a $10k down payment on the card and then immediately paid it off, that would be another ~$300 discount off the Mach-E (looks like the points are worth less than 1 cent per point). That would add up to ~$600 in savings in the first year just from the credit card.

There's one aspect of the card that I'd like Ford management to address (I'm sure they read the forum). Why offer 3% back on gas but not offer 3% back on charging stations?

Card Basics
  • Sign up bonus of a $100 statement credit when you spend $3,000 within your first 3 billing cycles after your account is opened
  • $200 statement credit every year when you spend $6,000 in 12 consecutive billing cycles after account opening
  • No annual fee
  • Card earns at the following rates:
    • 5% back in points on Ford Dealership purchases
    • 3% back on gas, auto insurance, tolls, parking and dining
    • 1% back in points on all other purchases
  • 0% introductory APR for six months on Ford Dealership purchases over $499
How Much Are Points Worth?
  • 7,500-mile service: Oil & filter change, tire rotation and multi point inspection
    • Members Redeem: Gas: 11,000 Points; Diesel: 20,000 Points
  • 15,000-mile service: Oil & filter change, tire rotation and multi point inspection
    • Members Redeem: Gas: 11,000 Points; Diesel: 20,000 Points
  • 22,500-mile service: Oil & filter change, cabin air filter, tire rotation and multi point inspection
    • Members Redeem: 20,000 Points; Diesel: 35,000 Points

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for asking about this on Twitter. Let me know if you see any updates on this.

It may be a moot point for now anyway (for me at least!) because I applied for the card but was declined despite a near 800 credit score and no credit card debt. I'll keep trying to get this card.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Thanks for asking about this on Twitter. Let me know if you see any updates on this.

It may be a moot point for now anyway (for me at least!) because I applied for the card but was declined despite a near 800 credit score and no credit card debt. I'll keep trying to get this card.
Is your credit frozen?

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Is your credit frozen?
Not frozen. I tried calling the credit card issuer but couldn't reach a live person either. The application phone line repeats the decision and tells you to end the call rather than offering an opportunity to proceed with a manual reconsideration over the phone with an agent.

Anyone here get approved or denied? I also understand that many card issuers are being extremely conservative with extending new credit right now, but maybe then that issuer should not be the issuer to launch Ford's new card?

·
Registered
393 Posts
When declined credit, you should be offered a free copy of your detailed credit report from the bureau that the creditor accessed.

Take them up on that and check it carefully. Sometimes records get corrupted. I was once mixed in with some person in the same state who had a few credit issues, and the report was how I found out.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
When declined credit, you should be offered a free copy of your detailed credit report from the bureau that the creditor accessed.

Take them up on that and check it carefully. Sometimes records get corrupted. I was once mixed in with some person in the same state who had a few credit issues, and the report was how I found out.
Thanks for the suggestion.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts