Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
I saw that too, but it doesn't really help much to do so.

The car is not out yet so the numbers are clearly assumptions. So what's the point of planning a route if you don't know the car's actual range in real world conditions?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I saw that too, but it doesn't really help much to do so.

The car is not out yet so the numbers are clearly assumptions. So what's the point of planning a route if you don't know the car's actual range in real world conditions?
you can check if a certain trip will work or not, sure at this points it's just assumption, but for people new to the EV world it helps a lot, because abetterrouteplaner makes better assumption as most people not familiar with the subject can do.
Sure maybe it says that you arrive with 25% at your destination and in reality, it will be 18% or 33%, but who cares, you don't have to plan you trip for xmas 2022 yet in all details. Just get a feeling with some grain of salt.

What i always get from people not familiar with EVs is, that there is no charging infrastructure and in my part of the world (Switzerland) this is a Joke, i cannot throw a stone without hitting a fast charger. They are everywhere.
abetterrouteplaner is also great to show you that or in your case maybe show you that this is an issue.

Also great apps to get a feeling is, PlugShare or Chargemap (my favourite) to see how the infrastructure is around me.

To be clear, i have nothing to do with abetterrouteplaner, i simply think it is a great tool, specially for people not yet have an EV to find out what works for them. But if you think it is a waste of time, then let it be.

·
Registered
493 Posts
e
you can check if a certain trip will work or not, sure at this points it's just assumption, but for people new to the EV world it helps a lot, because abetterrouteplaner makes better assumption as most people not familiar with the subject can do.
Sure maybe it says that you arrive with 25% at your destination and in reality, it will be 18% or 33%, but who cares, you don't have to plan you trip for xmas 2022 yet in all details. Just get a feeling with some grain of salt.

What i always get from people not familiar with EVs is, that there is no charging infrastructure and in my part of the world (Switzerland) this is a Joke, i cannot throw a stone without hitting a fast charger. They are everywhere.
abetterrouteplaner is also great to show you that or in your case maybe show you that this is an issue.

Also great apps to get a feeling is, PlugShare or Chargemap (my favourite) to see how the infrastructure is around me.

To be clear, i have nothing to do with abetterrouteplaner, i simply think it is a great tool, specially for people not yet have an EV to find out what works for them. But if you think it is a waste of time, then let it be.
exactly - it gives you an idea of roughly how many stops, for how long, and at what expense based on the information available. The intention is to understand how much of an impact charging has on a long trip to assuage my concerns, which honestly it did - especially since I could adjust the variables for "best" and "worst" case. I wasn't asking anyone for permission, I was simply passing on information I discovered that might be of use - namely that the cost calculation was way off. I know that I was stunned at how expensive a long trip looked compared to taking an ICE, and I am sure other novices were too.

·
Registered
67 Posts
@micha
Sure, all that is understandable and useful. I was just trying to say that listing the Mach-E specifically won't do much to help. If you just want to get a very rough estimate you can just use another car with similar specs, since the Mach-E's performance/range is just an assumption anyway and could be way off in real world conditions. Granted, it saves you the trouble of finding a car with similar advertised range.

@timbop
I don't know what your problem is, what permission and what information you're referring to (you haven't posted before in this thread), nor who you think stops you from discussing anything you want, be it useful or not.
Unless this thread was split from another thread, your post doesn't make any sense.

·
Registered
493 Posts
@symos, you are right. There have been several threads over the last week that rubbed me the wrong way, and I shouldn't have dumped my frustration with that on you. my apologies; I removed the comment

1 - 8 of 8 Posts