• No

Votes: 3 7.5%
  • Undecided

Votes: 2 5.0%
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
February 24th 2022 I got my 1st Electric ⚡ vehicle as I waited for the Mach-E to arrive later this year..

I just received my 1st (2 Month Electric Bill) & it went to tier 2 KWH (see pic) & went from a 2 month Avg. Of $120-130 to $299 😬 I also charge 110V (Level 1 Slow charging overnight.) LADWP.

I didn’t realize Electric would cost more then what I spent on Gas ⛽ for my previous ICE vehicle ($100-125 p/mo.)

Does this seem right for many of you??
Also when I go to charge at Charge point, it’s usually about 1-2 Hrs. & about $1 & change.. Seems like Charging stations may be affordable. What’s your take? Or recommendations?

Thank you.
I think first you want to look at an electric bill for the same period BEFORE you got the ev, This way you can compare your kwh usage for the same time period BEFORE the EV. The other thing, unfortunately the 110 is less efficient than a nema 14-50. Also, it's a good idea to calculate what your actual KWH utility rate is. As an example, my flat rate here in GA is around 6 cents kwh. but with taxes and fees it's around 14 cents.

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
Wow! If I didn't love the MMe as much as I do I would seriously consider selling it since mine is a Premium RWD/ER with only 7600 miles. My two 'kids' who are Tesla owners keep trying to get me to move to the 'dark-side' 🙄
I've actually considered selling mine and getting an EV6, but hard to justify when I've had no issues and it's been a pleasure to own.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts