Votes: 3 7.1%
  • Undecided

Votes: 2 4.8%
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
February 24th 2022 I got my 1st Electric ⚡ vehicle as I waited for the Mach-E to arrive later this year..

I just received my 1st (2 Month Electric Bill) & it went to tier 2 KWH (see pic) & went from a 2 month Avg. Of $120-130 to $299 😬 I also charge 110V (Level 1 Slow charging overnight.) LADWP.

I didn’t realize Electric would cost more then what I spent on Gas ⛽ for my previous ICE vehicle ($100-125 p/mo.)

Does this seem right for many of you??
Also when I go to charge at Charge point, it’s usually about 1-2 Hrs. & about $1 & change.. Seems like Charging stations may be affordable. What’s your take? Or recommendations?

Thank you.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Sooooo… The Electric Dept. Of LADWP called me today after 4 weeks of waiting & they told me it makes NO DIFFERENCE what time of day I charge, I’m still on tier 1 ( .19 cents) for the first 1,000 KWH, then jumps to higher price Tier 2 after, etc. In order to get lower nightly rate, you have to do an application & be approved.. Ugh 😣
I’ve been waiting every night to charge after 8pm thinking I was doing the right thing… Also, starting in June “SUMMER RATES” are kicking in….🫠🫥
Is it worth it to get Solar Panels just to charge E.V.’s ? She mentioned they need Legal building permits, etc.
Thank you for your .02 cents.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts