Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Autoline Daily is reporting that the Mustang coupe will join the Mach-E as fully electric vehicles. Ford will start production of the electric Mustang in December 2028 at Ford’s Flat Rock Assembly in Michiga, making it a 2029 model year vehicle.

They also claim the electric Mustang will pretty much be the next-gen Mustang. Which would be interesting because a new 7th gen Mustang is expected to come out next year.

It will be very interesting to see how Ford approaches rolling out the electric Mustang over the next few years.

·
Registered
Currently: 2021 Grabber Blue First Edition Mach E AWD ER ; Previously: 2009 Ford Focus.
193 Posts
Why couldn't THIS have been the first EV mustang?

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
I think Ford is "spoon feeding" the Mustang faithful and weaning them off slowly.

I don't expect this thing to be anywhere near the mid $20K Ecoboost entry point. Consider that the current GT500 0-60 is 3.6 seconds. The Mach E GT Performance Edition 0-60 is projected to be 3.5 seconds. By 2029, BEV minivans will routinely do sub 4 second 0-60. Of course, ICE cars still enjoy better top end speed until one gets to a Taycan.

In 2029, this needs to be special. The needle is moving.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think Ford is "spoon feeding" the Mustang faithful and weaning them off slowly.

I don't expect this thing to be anywhere near the mid $20K Ecoboost entry point. Consider that the current GT500 0-60 is 3.6 seconds. The Mach E GT Performance Edition 0-60 is projected to be 3.5 seconds. By 2029, BEV minivans will routinely do sub 4 second 0-60. Of course, ICE cars still enjoy better top end speed until one gets to a Taycan.

Not only that with Mustang fans but the demand for SUVs and crossovers is so hot that Ford couldn't ignore it.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts

That and SUV sales are skyrocketing. Ford was also lacking anything truly exciting in that segment.
I believe the 41k global reservations far exceeded what Ford planned for.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Autoline Daily is reporting that the Mustang coupe will join the Mach-E as fully electric vehicles. Ford will start production of the electric Mustang in December 2028 at Ford’s Flat Rock Assembly in Michiga, making it a 2029 model year vehicle.

They also claim the electric Mustang will pretty much be the next-gen Mustang. Which would be interesting because a new 7th gen Mustang is expected to come out next year.

It will be very interesting to see how Ford approaches rolling out the electric Mustang over the next few years.

Disappointing, again

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Performance cars are going to have to go electric.

I love big V8s, RWD, manual tranny, limited slip.. but ICE sports cars are going to be like riding around on Harley's. Fun to drive with great tactile and audio feedback (rumbling, exhaust note) but in world where pickup trucks do 0-60 in 3 seconds, They'll be eating a lot of electrons along with the dust. According to Ford, the MME GT Performance Edition is quicker than the GT500.

The issue with BEVs have been top speed not because of any physical limitation but design implementation. The Taycan has changed this.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Performance cars are going to have to go electric.

I love big V8s, RWD, manual tranny, limited slip.. but ICE sports cars are going to be like riding around on Harley's. Fun to drive with great tactile and audio feedback (rumbling, exhaust note) but in world where pickup trucks do 0-60 in 3 seconds, They'll be eating a lot of electrons along with the dust. According to Ford, the MME GT Performance Edition is quicker than the GT500.

The issue with BEVs have been top speed not because of any physical limitation but design implementation. The Taycan has changed this.
It's incredible watching the Taycan go around a track. The engineering Porsche pulled off is remarkable.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts