Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

141 - 160 of 176 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
When I ordered I wasn't on the Forum and didn't know about and discount plans. I had just purchased my 2018 Energi at the end of the lease at that dealer and they (at the time seemed reasonable).
Before you call Ford Marketing on Monday -- you may want to go to ford.com without signing in to your account. From there, start to make a new order for a Mach-E (again, do not need to go far enough to sign in to any account).

This way, you can pick different dealerships that you're considering purchasing through to find out if they've added markup.

Also, it sounds like your current dealer added $5000. Remember that $1100 is Ford's destination charge, which is non-negotiable and is the same for everyone's order.

Finally, once you've narrowed down dealers you'd consider, contact each of them to ask if they'll honor X-plan pricing. If they say yes, ask them to e-mail you that in writing. You still have plenty of time to qualify for X-plan (e.g. via MCA) and you don't need your discount PIN until you sit down with the dealer to do final paperwork at delivery time. X-plan sets the purchase price and sets a lower limit to how much the dealer can charge for things like doc fees. Basically, it forbids them from charging ADM, but only if they agree in writing that they'll honor X-plan for your purchase.

·
Super Moderator
528 Posts
Before you call Ford Marketing on Monday -- you may want to go to ford.com without signing in to your account. From there, start to make a new order for a Mach-E (again, do not need to go far enough to sign in to any account).

This way, you can pick different dealerships that you're considering purchasing through to find out if they've added markup.

Also, it sounds like your current dealer added $5000. Remember that $1100 is Ford's destination charge, which is non-negotiable and is the same for everyone's order.

Finally, once you've narrowed down dealers you'd consider, contact each of them to ask if they'll honor X-plan pricing. If they say yes, ask them to e-mail you that in writing. You still have plenty of time to qualify for X-plan (e.g. via MCA) and you don't need your discount PIN until you sit down with the dealer to do final paperwork at delivery time. X-plan sets the purchase price and sets a lower limit to how much the dealer can charge for things like doc fees. Basically, it forbids them from charging ADM, but only if they agree in writing that they'll honor X-plan for your purchase.
Piece of information: my dealer said the Mach-E is not in the system yet as X-plan eligible, only the non-special-edition mustangs were there. He specified we can check again in a month or so.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Piece of information: my dealer said the Mach-E is not in the system yet as X-plan eligible, only the non-special-edition mustangs were there. He specified we can check again in a month or so.
Doesn't really matter whether they're currently in the system. It only matters on the day you do the final finance/purchase paperwork to receive your new car's keys.

So, you just need confirmation that they'll accept X-plan for your Mustang Mach-E purchase under whatever X-plan arrangement Ford's made available to them by the time you're ready to take delivery.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Congratulations to all of you that have placed your orders with no issues. This has been an interesting experience for me and a lot of fun being on the Forum. I have my fingers crossed that Marketing does the right thing on Monday and switches me to my other no ADM dealer. I still don't understand that an online ordering process still involves a phone call to make a change but cest la Vie. I am reasonably certain that the $6,000 ADM dealer who is aware that I have gone elsewhere is hoping that I drop and he gets the vehicle for his inventory. To be continued>>>
I made my dealership change on Thursday with Marketing and was told it could take at least five days before it was reflected in the system. It's really tough being patient because I want to get my order in. I feel like I've waited an eternity since making the reservation on launch night. I'm dying to get behind the wheel! 🤤

·
Registered
2016 Nissan Leaf, 2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition reserved
554 Posts
Ask them to check dealer communication EFC08063.

·
Premium Member
2018 Fusion Energi Burgandy Velvet Platinum
338 Posts

Thanks, I already have a dealer who will write the order with no ADM and when I showed him my X Plan PIN he said that he would honor it.

·
Premium Member
338 Posts
I made my dealership change on Thursday with Marketing and was told it could take at least five days before it was reflected in the system. It's really tough being patient because I want to get my order in. I feel like I've waited an eternity since making the reservation on launch night. I'm dying to get behind the wheel! 🤤
Hasn't anyone in Ford Dearborn heard of the Internet . Phone calls and a potential five day wait after the call. There should have been a point and click on CHANGE MY DEALER

·
Premium Member
338 Posts

All I know is the same Face sheet that showed $56200 with the little 1+ went to $62327 with the 1+ that looks like $6000 to me plus a loss of 1200 on the X Plan plus all of that higher rate is taxed at 8.25% in my state. Regardless whether it's 5K or 6K it's a disgusting practice to wait months to be told screw you we're going to pick your pocket.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I reserved our Mach-E two weeks after the announcement last year. I just completed my reservation online, signing into my Ford account. I was not sent an email to do so, I just happened to log in and the prompted me to complete my Premium model extended range RWD star white/white reservation. It indicated my dealership, Star Ford, Glendale, CA, and showed no markup from them. Only the $1,100 destination charge. It prompted me for a $500 deposit that would go to the dealer, and stated my original $500 reservation fee would be credited by to my credit card. I notified my dealer via email, I had previously reached out to see who to connect with there, and he got back to me right away that he would follow up this week and have me come in if there was anything else I needed to do in person finalize the order. He's going to check and get back to me. Decent service all around. Best of luck to everyone navigating the system and waiting patiently. Thanks for sharing all the notes here, it's been very helpful.

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
Quick Updated, i just call Ford to change my Local dealer, they said that will spend as long as 5 Business Day lol.

and i asked them, for people who pre-order Mach-e, which number we will be used for the waiting list, Reservation No. & Day or Order No, & Day.
they said they don't know yet. does anyone know the answer?

·
Premium Member
338 Posts
Ok Mach E fans, I'm back in the game. Despite contemplating Seppuku over Friday, Saturday and Sunday and after a very long weekend waiting for the Marketing Dept. to open (0530 PDT) I called @ 0530.1 hrs. and got a live person in less than a minute. She took my info checked on the dealer and gave me a CAS confirmation number. As is posted above the wait for the point and click to catch up with the new dealer could be up to 5 business days. All in all a very easy and pleasant experience with Marketing. Thanks again to the Mach E members who have been posting critical info on how to get this done. As I have been doing for many months I will continue to check Ford.com for my new (and hopefully) improved dealer pricing.
PS: I did use some of my time this past weekend to research the Tesla S it's now my backup if the Mach E ordering goes sideways on me.
PPS: If anyone is in a similar situation DO NOT click on the order button until you have received the new particulars from Ford

·
Registered
Reserved First Edition Rapid Red Metallic
237 Posts
Personally, and as I have posted, I think the Model Y should be your backup not the Model S.

The long range AWD (not performance - tires too big and ride to harsh) is my back up.

It is more or less the same price point and same size as the MachE.

The S is more comparable to an S Class Mercedes in cost - more then my E Class Mercedes

·
Premium Member
338 Posts
Not about cost, the Y has the same UGLY (IMO) interior as the Model 3. The S without Ludicrous is a tad over 70 K

·
Premium Member
338 Posts
You will not believe this, I wish that I had screen shot the same page on Friday. Friday's price $62327+ today's price, see attached. They must have gotten blow back from somewhere.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
338 Posts
Still $500 ADM over original MSRP quote and no X Pricing I can't help but wonder if they heard from Ford

·
Registered
Reserved First Edition Rapid Red Metallic
237 Posts
Tesla Model S: $74,990 plus shipping will be over $76,000.

I agree about interior of Model Y, but it is $22,000 cheaper than the Model S.

141 - 160 of 176 Posts