Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think traditional car buyers are going to have a tough time adjusting to a vehicle feature going to a subscription model.
What if Ford.... charged for the MME autonomous driving feature via firmware update late in 2021 for the early adopters? This could happen right? To me this would not be a deal breaker but still...

·
Registered
2016 Nissan Leaf, 2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition reserved
1,130 Posts
I think traditional car buyers are going to have a tough time adjusting to a vehicle feature going to a subscription model.
What if Ford.... charged for the MME autonomous driving feature via firmware update late in 2021 for the early adopters? This could happen right? To me this would not be a deal breaker but still...

Ford plans to charge for it. See page 43 of the In-Dealership Training manual (it's in the packaging guide, too):

1Driver-assist features are supplemental and do not replace the driver's attention, judgment and need to control the vehicle. It does not replace safe driving. Active Drive Assist is a hands-free highway driving feature. Only remove hands from the steering wheel when in a Hands-Free Zone. Always watch the road and be prepared to resume control of the vehicle. See owner's manual for detail and limitations. The Active Drive Assist Prep Kit contains the hardware required for this feature. Software for the feature will be available for purchase at a later date. Active Drive Assist functionality expected 3rd quarter 2021CY. Separate payment for feature software required to activate full functionality at that time.

Also, it will probably require a subscription. Based on the In-Dealership Training manual, it looks like the full navigation features are only good for 3-years without subscription. You may lose real-time traffic and other advanced info after that:
Under the
Ford Co-Pilot360 Assist 2.0 section on page 40:
Voice-Activated Touchscreen Navigation System
  • - Three years of service
  • - EV Trip Planner
  • - Live Traffic
  • - Predictive Destinations and Route Guidance

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not sure what the Ford pricing will be but GM Onstar is $15~45/month. None of the features are worth a penny IMO. I would though pay maybe that much for L4 autonomous driving. If I could get into a back seat of my car and tell it to drive home after a couple of drinks at dinner or tell the car to pick up the grandparents... that's worth the cost. Not there yet.

·
Premium Member
115 Posts
Not sure what the Ford pricing will be but GM Onstar is $15~45/month. None of the features are worth a penny IMO. I would though pay maybe that much for L4 autonomous driving. If I could get into a back seat of my car and tell it to drive home after a couple of drinks at dinner or tell the car to pick up the grandparents... that's worth the cost. Not there yet.
So, are you going to have the drinks while the car is fetching the grandparents? ;)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Ford plans to charge for it. See page 43 of the In-Dealership Training manual (it's in the packaging guide, too):

1Driver-assist features are supplemental and do not replace the driver's attention, judgment and need to control the vehicle. It does not replace safe driving. Active Drive Assist is a hands-free highway driving feature. Only remove hands from the steering wheel when in a Hands-Free Zone. Always watch the road and be prepared to resume control of the vehicle. See owner's manual for detail and limitations. The Active Drive Assist Prep Kit contains the hardware required for this feature. Software for the feature will be available for purchase at a later date. Active Drive Assist functionality expected 3rd quarter 2021CY. Separate payment for feature software required to activate full functionality at that time.

Also, it will probably require a subscription. Based on the In-Dealership Training manual, it looks like the full navigation features are only good for 3-years without subscription. You may lose real-time traffic and other advanced info after that:
Under the
Ford Co-Pilot360 Assist 2.0 section on page 40:
Voice-Activated Touchscreen Navigation System
  • - Three years of service
  • - EV Trip Planner
  • - Live Traffic
  • - Predictive Destinations and Route Guidance
How do you get access to the In-Dealership Training Manual and packaging guide?

·
Super Moderator
1,436 Posts
Thread is here:

·
Registered
2016 Nissan Leaf, 2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition reserved
1,130 Posts
They've both been posted on this site. Here's the packaging guide thread. You can find these sorts of things using the search bar up above.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts