Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Members! I have had my Mach E since March of this year. So far, I enjoy driving it "for pleasure." Since the beginning, I have problems with "Static" on AM600 (KOGO) and AM1070 (KNX). Does anyone experience this situation?

·
Registered
286 Posts
Hello Members! I have had my Mach E since March of this year. So far, I enjoy driving it "for pleasure." Since the beginning, I have problems with "Static" on AM600 (KOGO) and AM1070 (KNX). Does anyone experience this situation?
People still actually listen to radio ?

·
Registered
494 Posts
The FCC has pretty much stopped enforcing rules against AM radio interference. I'm 50 miles west of NYC and 50,000 watt WABC 770 used to be strong and clear. Now, I run into static areas all over the county. If you can identify any one of the sources, your utility will usually fix it, but forget about the FCC.

·
Registered
44 Posts
That wasn't my experience, I worked at a TV station and in my experience the FCC still carries a pretty big stick.

The issue is often the antenna on modern cars.

You can listen to KNX on the Radio.com app and KOGO on iHeartradio.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I found the same thing. AM is pretty much useless unless you're near a very strong signal. I haven't checked to see if the car itself is emitting noise but I suspect it's because of a tiny am antenna. (remember when cars had external vertical antennas). I get my local am station on iHeart radio. That way I get to listen to it even on a road trip.

·
Registered
42 Posts
AM is bad on this car. Just another way Ford cheaped out. I guess we’re too old school and should be expected to load 12 apps to listen to the radio stations we enjoy. Nothing safer than scanning apps for radio choices.

·
Registered
8 Posts
It's my impression that the radio receiver in general isn't that great. I actually have trouble with local FM stations. With more people listening to streaming (and Ford's relationship pushing Sirius subscriptions), radio probably isn't a priority - or worse.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.