Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Reserved First Edition Rapid Red Metallic
677 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Presently I plan to use the mobile charging station, 32 amp/240 volt that comes with the First Edition. 22 miles an hour rate of charging is sufficient for my needs.

I went to Amazon to get a general idea of the cost: my electrical panel is in the basement, the run will be between 50 and 100 feet and I have 200 amp service.

Amazon said that presently there are no suppliers in my zip code. I was surprised as I live on the north shore of Long Island about 25 miles from NYC and after California there are probably more EV, Teslas, Audi eTrons and Jaguar IPace to name a few here than anywhere else in the country.

Has anyone contacted Amazon and what is your experience or are most using a local electrician?

I am not capable of doing this myself.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Presently I plan to use the mobile charging station, 32 amp/240 volt that comes with the First Edition. 22 miles an hour rate of charging is sufficient for my needs.

I went to Amazon to get a general idea of the cost: my electrical panel is in the basement, the run will be between 50 and 100 feet and I have 200 amp service.

Amazon said that presently there are no suppliers in my zip code. I was surprised as I live on the north shore of Long Island about 25 miles from NYC and after California there are probably more EV, Teslas, Audi eTrons and Jaguar IPace to name a few here than anywhere else in the country.

Has anyone contacted Amazon and what is your experience or are most using a local electrician?

That may be a Covid thing as its saying the same thing for me -- several months ago it did offer service in my area. Which stinks because I have a quote from a Electrician I like and was going to compare the price...but can't now.

·
Registered
2016 Nissan Leaf, 2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition reserved
967 Posts

We used a local electrician when we installed the Clipper Creek for our Leaf. Reasonable price and great job. We did opt for the cheaper 32 amp option because our panel only had room for a 40 amp. Upgrading the service would have been much more costly.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts