Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

AND NOW IT'S THE WINDSCREENS !!!

3K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  JTK44 
#1 ·
#3 ·
The recall for these two installed components begs the question of why were only Canadian bound cars affected? I have to believe that it was really a matter of defective sealant, or a bug in the automated programming fed into the robotic system applying the sealant to a given range of produced vehicles. I am guessing that the problem was I’d by their sequence number, which would have identified the fact that the plant was running an order for Canadian vehicles and the range affected.

The 2015 Ford Edge had a pretty bad problem with missed / poor application of sealant on / around the A pillar of a certain range of (at the time) new Gen.2 Edges. It proved to be a horror story for owners with affected vehicles and after several botched “fixes” Ford ended up buying back more than a few cars back from owners. The affected vehicles collected rain water on the floor soaking the carpets and padding. A bad situation!

#6 ·
Waiting on October recall notice for my MME Select. Kinda expoected some issues with the glass roof, so happy Select and GT do not have for other reasons as well. Surprised of windshield as it is pretty normal part. I imagine the work for windshield will be similar to a windshield replacement done by any of the normal glass replacement companies. I did notice a little wind noise, so I hope it fixes that as well. No leaking in rain as of yet. ...and will replacement glass be needed, or just a remove and reseal. I'd hate to lost the only Ford emblem on the whole vehicle!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.