Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

Android Auto

7K views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  67Stang 
#1 ·
Hello,
First post here.
Just got a MME GT last week. Very happy with it so far except for a few things. I cannot connect to Android Auto wirelessly and when I am connected via USB AA frequently drops its connection and I need to re-connect or unplug ang re plug my phone. The regular Bluetooth connectivity works fine. Any thoughts? Build date is 7-21. thanks in advance for any advice.

#2 ·
I hate to even say this because it you use AA you've heard this excuse a million times - but - try a new cable?

You might also clear the cache and data for AA and the google app on your phone. You can even go so far as to delete the data and cache, and then uninstall AA, delete the MME from your bluetooth, delete the phone from the memory in the cars bluetooth system, and reboot both the phone and the car. Then reinstall AA fresh. Pair the phone again fresh, and see if its better.

If that doesn't work you can repeat all of the above but do a factory reset on the Ford Sync system completely before rebooting the car.

To be clear - I'm still waiting for my MME but I had similar issues in out Chevy Volt recently and doing a full reset of the infotainment system, re-pairing the phone in bluetooth and a fresh install of AA fixed whatever was wrong in the Chevy.

#3 ·
Thanks, the issue was resolved. Between having the software updated at the dealer and getting a newer Pixel phone everything seems to be fine now. Wish more apps were compatible with AA... Very limited choice with YT Music as well. I find myself just using Bluetooth mostly now anyway.

#5 ·
Hi, I realize that this thread is a bit dated but I thought I would jump in anyway. The four Apps that I use routinely with Android Auto are:
Pandora
Amazon Prime music
Waze
Whatsapp.

These all work great! I have Waze and Pandora on most of the time with Waze as my default screen while I drive.

Cheers
Mike

#9 ·
I was in my garage last night for a couple hours trying to go through all of the settings on the MME screen and learn how it all works. The one thing I had issues with was the Android Auto which couldn't connect via Bluetooth with my phone sitting in my lap a foot away from the MME screen. I then plugged in my phone charging cable to the USB port underneath and even it disconnected after awhile.

Eventually it stayed connected long enough for something different to display on the MME screen and I could see all of my emails, texts and apps from my phone on the MME screen.

I got the WiFi password changed and got the Vehicle Hotspot connected but I noticed that I could not get the Wireless App Projection password changed either.
Also, I could not figure out how to create a MyKey either. Somehow after pressing Create MyKey Key I could never see what to do next.
It asked me to place my keyfob in the backup slot under the MME screen which I did but nothing happened. Maybe I didn't wait long enough but I thought I would be able to associate the seat and mirror settings for the 2 keyfobs that my wife and I will use. I'll try some more tonight.

#14 ·
I was in my garage last night for a couple hours trying to go through all of the settings on the MME screen and learn how it all works. The one thing I had issues with was the Android Auto which couldn't connect via Bluetooth with my phone sitting in my lap a foot away from the MME screen. I then plugged in my phone charging cable to the USB port underneath and even it disconnected after awhile.

Eventually it stayed connected long enough for something different to display on the MME screen and I could see all of my emails, texts and apps from my phone on the MME screen.

I got the WiFi password changed and got the Vehicle Hotspot connected but I noticed that I could not get the Wireless App Projection password changed either.
Also, I could not figure out how to create a MyKey either. Somehow after pressing Create MyKey Key I could never see what to do next.
It asked me to place my keyfob in the backup slot under the MME screen which I did but nothing happened. Maybe I didn't wait long enough but I thought I would be able to associate the seat and mirror settings for the 2 keyfobs that my wife and I will use. I'll try some more tonight.
How did you change the WiFi password that AA uses? My Pixel 6 discovers the WIFI but has an (!) exclamation beside the symbol which means it's not connected. For now I'm not dealing with any other features so I would appreciate any help with this issue. Thank You.

#10 ·
Android Auto quit working.
A couple days ago, Android Auto (AA) quit working. No AA phone, No AA maps, nada. When I try to connect it via the phone screen, it thinks forever saying it is trying to connect to AA. Powered everything on/off, unpaired phone, repaired, on/off, reset, nothing works. AA showed version 7.0.614134 release which I recently updated to 7.2.620124. Still no joy.

Any suggestions?

#12 ·
Hello All,

If you’re an Android user and are having issues with the reliability of Phone as a Key, first check that battery optimization is not turned on and you have selected the option “allowing the battery to be used in the background without restrictions” for FordPass in your device’s settings. Please refer to your device’s help resources for more specific instructions, as these steps may vary depending on the make and model of your Android smartphone.

#13 ·
Thanks Ford, but I don't use PaaK. Still followed your suggestions, but again, no joy.
AA has now started working, somewhat, but the speed is now horrible. I was using Google Maps on my phone for navigation, but had to stop doing that and use the Ford nav system, which frankly, is clunky and a whole lot behind the times. AA has blank screens, long waits, delay on accepting input from the onscreen keyboard, very long waits to load things like contacts from the phone.
Fooled me that it was broke, but somebody fixed it anyway.
Another reason to have a list of what was "upgraded" during an OTA session. Then at least you could potentially point to a source of an issue.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.