Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Thanks for posting:

I have no idea of the actual number of cars affected, but here is what the the notice says:

AFFECTED VEHICLES Vehicle Model Year Assembly Plant Build Dates Mustang Mach-E 2021-2022 Cuautitlan May 27, 2020 through May 24, 2022

I believe all MachE were produced at the Cuautitlan plant.

Not good news at all.

·
Registered
Current; 17' Escape SE AWD (Soon to be traded in!)
49 Posts
Sure glad I picked up my car on the 2nd of this month, delaer told me today he has three cars stiing that he cant deliver until the remedy is enacted on those vehicles.

·
Registered
2021 ME FE Grabber Blue
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for posting:

I have no idea of the actual number of cars affected, but here is what the the notice says:

AFFECTED VEHICLES Vehicle Model Year Assembly Plant Build Dates Mustang Mach-E 2021-2022 Cuautitlan May 27, 2020 through May 24, 2022

I believe all MachE were produced at the Cuautitlan plant.

Not good news at all.
There have been a number of vehicles already affected. A Stop Safely Now message followed by the vehicle bricking. It may involve more than module replacement or software updates. Once the contacts weld closed replacement of the HVBJB (high voltage battery junction box) is required. That entails dropping the high voltage battery. Not a small job.

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
I remember when the new Ford Explorer came out several years ago and there were 3 or 4 factory recalls in the first 6 months. Ford conceded it was one of the worst launches ever of a new vehicle.

Ford said they learned their lesson and that the MachE would be as "perfect or near perfect as possible".

The chip and supply chain shortages where demand has exceeded supply, have worked to Ford's benefit with regard to the launch of the MachE. If it were not for these circumstances, and the relative small number of MachE, less than 50,000 over two years, I think we can all safely say that the launch of the MachE has been worse, in fact far worse than the launch of Ford Explorer.

If Tesla had encountered similar problems with the launch of either the Model 3 or Y that Ford has encountered with the launch of the MachE, it would be all over the front pages of the business section in every newspaper in America. Everyone would be bashing Tesla.

Frankly and in all honesty, I think we all expected some problems with the first year of production, but that by now, almost two years later, those problems would have been corrected.

I am not a Ford basher - but the complete opposite: I have a substantial position in both Ford stock and Ford bonds. From a purely personal and selfish point of view, I want and need Ford to succeed.

Summerlin Bob: 8 trips to a dealer is totally unacceptable: On my 2018 Ford Edge I have been to the dealer once because the heated steering wheel did not work and on my 2019 Mercedes once to have a light switched replaced. Neither affected the drivability of the car.

Again as a stock and bond holder I am disappointed: Just my $.02

·
Registered
8 Posts
I remember when the new Ford Explorer came out several years ago and there were 3 or 4 factory recalls in the first 6 months. Ford conceded it was one of the worst launches ever of a new vehicle.

Ford said they learned their lesson and that the MachE would be as "perfect or near perfect as possible".

The chip and supply chain shortages where demand has exceeded supply, have worked to Ford's benefit with regard to the launch of the MachE. If it were not for these circumstances, and the relative small number of MachE, less than 50,000 over two years, I think we can all safely say that the launch of the MachE has been worse, in fact far worse than the launch of Ford Explorer.

If Tesla had encountered similar problems with the launch of either the Model 3 or Y that Ford has encountered with the launch of the MachE, it would be all over the front pages of the business section in every newspaper in America. Everyone would be bashing Tesla.

Frankly and in all honesty, I think we all expected some problems with the first year of production, but that by now, almost two years later, those problems would have been corrected.

I am not a Ford basher - but the complete opposite: I have a substantial position in both Ford stock and Ford bonds. From a purely personal and selfish point of view, I want and need Ford to succeed.

Summerlin Bob: 8 trips to a dealer is totally unacceptable: On my 2018 Ford Edge I have been to the dealer once because the heated steering wheel did not work and on my 2019 Mercedes once to have a light switched replaced. Neither affected the drivability of the car.

Again as a stock and bond holder I am disappointed: Just my $.02
I have a 2020 Explorer ST. I waited a year before purchasing.... BUT ended up getting a new transmission at 9000 miles and a new touch screen/radio too.

We presently have a 2021 Mach-E that just spent 2 weeks at the dealer for some voltage issue with the battery, I'm hoping this was the problem. On top of all that, our 2022 is in transit. The build week of it was May 23, 2022. (of course we are presently fighting with the dealer because they are telling us they will not honor the order price and want $5000 premium added to it)

I too am a huge Ford fan with stock also, and I love the vehicles, but this is really getting to be too much.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I have a 2020 Explorer ST. I waited a year before purchasing.... BUT ended up getting a new transmission at 9000 miles and a new touch screen/radio too.

We presently have a 2021 Mach-E that just spent 2 weeks at the dealer for some voltage issue with the battery, I'm hoping this was the problem. On top of all that, our 2022 is in transit. The build week of it was May 23, 2022. (of course we are presently fighting with the dealer because they are telling us they will not honor the order price and want $5000 premium added to it)

I too am a huge Ford fan with stock also, and I love the vehicles, but this is really getting to be too much.
Build week was also 05/23/22 but I checked online & it was built 05/25/22. Phew 😮‍💨 the day after. Yours probably was also built afterwards. Now it’s going through shipping, Rail.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Build week was also 05/23/22 but I checked online & it was built 05/25/22. Phew 😮‍💨 the day after. Yours probably was also built afterwards. Now it’s going through shipping, Rail.

View attachment 8118
Just double checked ours....
  • Order Confirmed10/06/2021
  • In Production 05/26/2022, Completed
    In Production05/26/2022
    Built 05/27/2022, Completed
  • Built05/27/2022

• So we might be ok.

·
Registered
427 Posts
...(of course we are presently fighting with the dealer because they are telling us they will not honor the order price and want $5000 premium added to it)...
There is too much of that going around, You may not have a signed contracted price, but do you have any printed or email document from the dealer with your original price? If so, I would go to your local DA and swear out a fraud complaint based on an "advertised price". Further, add a similar complaint to your State Attorney General.

A story. A friend of mine who lived in San Francisco bought a rare muffler for a Citroen-Maserati from a New Jersy supplier. After a bunch of back and forth the supplier refused to ship it. Well, we were both airline pilots and I live in NJ. The next time my friend had a New York layover, I drove him to the supplier's local police department and he swore out a fraud complaint which would generate an arrest. The cop knew the owner of the supplier and he took us to the supplier and sat everyone down and demanded the problem be fixed. My friend got his muffler. Sometimes agreements are kept with the right pressure.

·
Registered
8 Posts
There is too much of that going around, You may not have a signed contracted price, but do you have any printed or email document from the dealer with your original price? If so, I would go to your local DA and swear out a fraud complaint based on an "advertised price". Further, add a similar complaint to your State Attorney General.

A story. A friend of mine who lived in San Francisco bought a rare muffler for a Citroen-Maserati from a New Jersy supplier. After a bunch of back and forth the supplier refused to ship it. Well, we were both airline pilots and I live in NJ. The next time my friend had a New York layover, I drove him to the supplier's local police department and he swore out a fraud complaint which would generate an arrest. The cop knew the owner of the supplier and he took us to the supplier and sat everyone down and demanded the problem be fixed. My friend got his muffler. Sometimes agreements are kept with the right pressure.
Thanks for the info.. We plan on following through with a complaint and then some if they pull this on us. A local neighborhood group I belong to has 3 other people with the same issue, same dealer, only with Maverick trucks. I have more than enough paperwork, plus a couple of photos on my phone, I snapped the last time I was there of documents he was showing me, but told my wife they don't exist. He actually told my wife, "don't take delivery, I don't care. It's a new day and I'm on this side of the desk and you are on that side. I make more money parking it on my lot and selling it for $12K over sticker, and I'm only asking you for $5000".
I told her that she needs to remember to turn on her voice recorder on her phone before she goes and talks to them again. I'm sure our local news station in Chicago would LOVE to hear that one.

·
Premium Member
2021 Star White RWD/ER Premium
3,193 Posts
We took it to ourselves by buying it as the 1st run.
Perhaps but the recall shows two years' worth of builds May 2020-May2022 and considering the state of the current dealership experience and interest rates another trip to the dealer (for me) is a small trade off

·
Registered
2021 ME FE Grabber Blue
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Until NHTSA or Ford say not to I'm status quo
With all the failures to date there is not a common root cause that triggered the event. All trim levels have been affected. Continue to drive your vehicle and just be aware of your options if it happens at highway speed. No injuries to date have been reported (that I’m aware of). Mine shows as recalled but I will continue to drive it.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts