Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
2021 Star White RWD/ER Premium
3,193 Posts
Negative press is already on top of this issue. I hope that Ford gets in front of this before things get worse. "Overheating" battery issues are not a great selling point for promoting EVs. "Maybe it's time to bring the Mustang Mach E to a plant in the CONUS"

·
Registered
2021 Mach-E Select AWD | Iconic Silver
79 Posts
I was told by a salesman the issue involves one pedal driving mode. His advise was don’t use one pedal driving until the update or further info from Ford.
Could be wrong, this person may have a brother who is a Ford engineer working on the Mach-E HVBJB issue for months, but seems unlikely to have anything to do with one pedal driving, which is just the same as hitting the breaks and having regenerative breaking kicking in, and if it was a salesman that would be a very poor source. Salesmen know how to help customers make decisions to buy a car, any car, heck they tend to rarely know much about the specific car, usually the customer knows more.

·
Registered
26 Posts
So the description of the defect according to the NHTSA document says "repeated wide open pedal events" can cause the overheating. What is your reading of what that is? Is that flooring the accelarator on a regular basis?

·
Registered
2021 ME FE Grabber Blue
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
So the description of the defect according to the NHTSA document says "repeated wide open pedal events" can cause the overheating. What is your reading of what that is? Is that flooring the accelarator on a regular basis?
They are implying any high amperage load on the contactors. Not all vehicles that failed were driven like that or even fast charged. Let’s see how the software fix plays out.

·
Premium Member
2021 Star White RWD/ER Premium
3,193 Posts
I took it to mean that and possibly sustained " high speed" driving (pick a number). It's the DCFC issue which concerns me in that they haven't provided details such as 'any' or 'regular' or 'frequent' DCFC charging.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Found it on the Vehicle Summary site.
Outstanding Field Service Actions

22S41 - MAIN HV CONTACTOR WELDING
Mustang Mach - E, 1.4L Zetec DOHC 2V NA I4 Gas, Iced/Elite Blue

Strange description, is that 1.4L Zetec etc., the European equivalent for tax purposes?

21 - 32 of 32 Posts