Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I pre-ordered a GT at the beginning of the year, really wanted the top of the line mustang without going to crazy (don't need the performance pack for example)
As i've read more and more it seems like GT's are gonna be nickel and dimed, missing things standard on the premium etc. It would be nice to know what they are expecting us to pay extra for and what actually comes with the GT, and what comes with the GT performance. For example the machined-face Ebony Black-painted wheels that are showed when you explore the models as the GT wheels, seem to be GT Performance package wheels.. Part of me wonders if i should suck it and just get the premium and wrap the car.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
I pre-ordered a GT at the beginning of the year, really wanted the top of the line mustang without going to crazy (don't need the performance pack for example)
As i've read more and more it seems like GT's are gonna be nickel and dimed, missing things standard on the premium etc. It would be nice to know what they are expecting us to pay extra for and what actually comes with the GT, and what comes with the GT performance. For example the machined-face Ebony Black-painted wheels that are showed when you explore the models as the GT wheels, seem to be GT Performance package wheels.. Part of me wonders if i should suck it and just get the premium and wrap the car.
From my understanding the GT's will start to arrive in the spring.

As for what comes with GT Performance you can find that info here.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
From my understanding GT was shipping late summer. As for the info. I wanted more info on what is missing from the premium version and how much it costs to add for example the glass roof etc.

From your link the article mentions this for GT Performance
"Performance Edition features sportier components including 19-inch front brakes with red-painted Brembo® calipers as well as 20-inch machined-face Ebony Black-painted pockets paired with 245/45R20 Pirelli summer tires and MagneRide "

Which makes it even more annoying cause MagneRide comes at the cost of losing another 15 miles of range. I guess i just don't understand why they can't release GT pricing and add on pricing. If it take another 10k for the GT Mustang to match the features of the premium, it starts putting it into other car territory.

·
Super Moderator
2,705 Posts
From my understanding GT was shipping late summer. As for the info. I wanted more info on what is missing from the premium version and how much it costs to add for example the glass roof etc.

From your link the article mentions this for GT Performance
"Performance Edition features sportier components including 19-inch front brakes with red-painted Brembo® calipers as well as 20-inch machined-face Ebony Black-painted pockets paired with 245/45R20 Pirelli summer tires and MagneRide "

Which makes it even more annoying cause MagneRide comes at the cost of losing another 15 miles of range. I guess i just don't understand why they can't release GT pricing and add on pricing. If it take another 10k for the GT Mustang to match the features of the premium, it starts putting it into other car territory.
I’m sure more details will be forthcoming.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I’m sure more details will be forthcoming.
Why are you sure of that, specifically? There have been NO details revealed regarding the costs of the GT options released, EVER. Wishing Ford would give us more info is just pie-in-the-sky dreaming.

·
Super Moderator
2,705 Posts
Why are you sure of that, specifically? There have been NO details revealed regarding the costs of the GT options released, EVER. Wishing Ford would give us more info is just pie-in-the-sky dreaming.
Because, they ARE definitely releasing the GT.

So Ford will give more info about options, specs and pricing prior to anyone being asked to order it. Its common sense.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It's all a matter of time but you would think they would be releasing that information sooner, rather than later

1 - 7 of 7 Posts