Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
I know I added my 'Amazing' comment above already, but it turns out the Mach E is a unicorn. My wife and I have very different taste in cars but she came back from her first drive last night with nothing but praise. It may be vehicle perfection in my house.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I bought my MME 2 weeks ago got to drive it for 4 days total. Its been back and forth from the dealership for battery drainage issues. I mean some days its bad on a full charge sometimes I get 150km ( 93miles) Should be at least 340km or 310 for weather conditions. They are doing their best to find the issues and I'm not angry I just hope that my cars problems will help out the next person with similar issues. As far as the vehicle goes I love it. Its fun to drive lots of power/spacious. I DO NOT regret buying it. Also my uncle owns a Tesla Y performance one and he loves it but there are issues with it as well.

·
Registered
2021 MME FE E4X, Carbonized Gray Matallic, AWD
69 Posts
I had a very difficult decision to make. I ordered MME way back when, then came across a deal too good to resist on a Jaguar I-Pace. 8 months in the I-Pace and up comes my MME order, all ready for pickup...

After a whole lot of back and forth and a few test drives, I decided to toss in the I-Pace and drive away with the MME. On the surface, the Jag is a little more polished - vented seats, heads up display, a quieter ride, and (the sticking point I almost could not give up) adjustable height air suspension with much more clearance than the MME. Buy hey - off road work is for the First Edition Bronco I'm waiting for anyways...

The reason for the change, and the reason I'm so happy I did thus far (a week in) - The Mach E just feels miles ahead from a technology standpoint. With the help of tax credits I recovered the vast majority of my investment in the I-Pace and have ZERO regrets making the change.

The Jag was amazing too though. The biggest takeaway for me - Once you've gone electric, it's really hard to look back!
Blueskier,

Our MME FE is our 3rd EV. I too faced a tough decision. Wait for a MME, or get the Jaguar I-Pace. Well, as you can see I went with option "C" which was to get both. I love the looks of the Jag, but wished the regen breaks were better. But, because I read about the breaks and experienced them during the test drive, I knew what I was buying. Our MME is well built and so far we had none of the problems reported in this forum. I would point out that we have only had the MME for seven days. But in those days we put it through a robust process of testing everything. All was good, as was your choice to go with the MME!
20210327_232935.jpg

·
Registered
37 Posts
I love my Mach E. My only regret was my dealer.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Well, as you can see I went with option "C" which was to get both.
A bit off topic but you can see the difference in the tires on the MachE vs. iPace, something Alex on Autos brought up when doing his MachE/VWID4 comparison.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Haven't gotten mine yet, but am wondering if a car that is this tech heavy is really something I want. Will admit to concerns about alot of the software issues that seem to be popping up. I guess I'll just have to see if I end up jumping ship for something else.

Reactions: Kitten

·
Registered
280 Posts
Haven't gotten mine yet, but am wondering if a car that is this tech heavy is really something I want. Will admit to concerns about alot of the software issues that seem to be popping up. I guess I'll just have to see if I end up jumping ship for something else.
I'd recommend an overnight test drive if you can arrange it. The only complaint I can come up with so far is that PaaK can be finicky. I don't think the tech is overwhelming if you are used to modern cars. Ford has some work to do on the UI but that could describe any modern system I've used and this one gets updates OTA.

Honestly, if there is a second thought in my house, it's my wife wanting me to think about buying a second one.

·
Registered
69 Posts
A bit off topic but you can see the difference in the tires on the MachE vs. iPace, something Alex on Autos brought up when doing his MachE/VWID4 comparison.
Aloha FISHEV, Sorry for the late reply. I had to convince my wife that I needed to drive her MME, Pote, in the interest of science 😁. I'm no tire expert; my subjective assessment is that the I-Pace and MME have a totally different ride feel. I think that the tires do make a difference, but there is no way for me to qualify that. The drive mode and suspension definitely have a lot to do with how the ride feels. In my I-Pace I get a very smooth ride, sometimes I feel a little out of touch with the road, but not out of control. The MME feels like it's connected to the road. Nothing like an ICE Mustang; but you can feel the heritage coming through. Both cars are great to drive! Mahalo (thanks) for giving me this "assignment"; maybe next week you can ask me to compare the laminated front windows to see if the MME or I-Pace has the quieter ride. I need a new excuse to drive my wife's MME!

·
Registered
344 Posts
I need a new excuse to drive my wife's MME!
Tell her you can sell your iPace, buy a MachE and make money doing it....but....you gotta make sure the MachE is right for you so you'll need to swap cars for the week.

But you should really wait for the Mach GT, which is what I did.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Tell her you can sell your iPace, buy a MachE and make money doing it....but....you gotta make sure the MachE is right for you so you'll need to swap cars for the week.

But you should really wait for the Mach GT, which is what I did.
You had an I-Pace? When do you expect to get the GT? What color did you get? I like the orange, was that available for the GT? Man, you got me thinking...

·
Premium Member
2021 Mustang Mach-E Star White RWD/ER Premium
1,946 Posts
After my recent 776 mile trip through the mountains of Arizona and Utah if I had any regrets (I didn't) they would be long gone. The ride was comfortable, quiet, with great handling on the mountain curves and 'blazing' torque on the multiple grade climbs to over 6000 feet. The MMe is a great road vehicle.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I have zero regrets, even with the higher payment. My work encourages buying EVs and incentivizes us by offering free level 2 charging; we have 6 chargers on site. I did the math and I'm only saving around $30 anyways if I had to charge at home (off-peak pricing). With "fuel" being free it makes me really happy not having to care what the gas prices are each week. I also have about 400 miles on my Mach-E and I've been having a lot of fun with it. So far I'm shocked I'm getting great economy; 3.5m/kwh. I'm a techy guy and the info system was a little of a learning curve but I have it down now. There are some settings I'm finding that I didn't know existed and it makes me more excited to drive every day.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Why is that? I'm kicking myself for not getting a FE, but am now holding out for the GT myself.
IMHO, the extra approx. $5,000 for the performance upgrade from the Premier Edition (All Wheel Drive, Extended Range) to the GT Edition is worth the extra money (130 More HP, 170 Ft lbs more torque). The first edition (FE) has some cosmetic changes (red calipers, grabber blue color available, etc.) over the Premier Edition that to me don't justify the extra cost.

While still not comparable in performance to a ICE powered GT350 or GT500, the GT version of the Mach E is no slouch even in performance Mustang world. For comparison, check the specs on the new 2021 Ford Mustang Mach 1:

I try to stick with a plan once I have made it when making any major purchase because there will always be something newer and better 6 months down the road (hence the mild regret on not waiting for the GT version to come out).

21 - 40 of 44 Posts