Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,564 Posts
IMHO, the extra approx. $5,000 for the performance upgrade from the Premier Edition (All Wheel Drive, Extended Range) to the GT Edition is worth the extra money (130 More HP, 170 Ft lbs more torque). The first edition (FE) has some cosmetic changes (red calipers, grabber blue color available, etc.) over the Premier Edition that to me don't justify the extra cost.

While still not comparable in performance to a ICE powered GT350 or GT500, the GT version of the Mach E is no slouch even in performance Mustang world. For comparison, check the specs on the new 2021 Ford Mustang Mach 1:

I try to stick with a plan once I have made it when making any major purchase because there will always be something newer and better 6 months down the road (hence the mild regret on not waiting for the GT version to come out).
Does anyone know how much more will the GT performance package will cost?

·
Registered
45 Posts
IMHO, the extra approx. $5,000 for the performance upgrade from the Premier Edition (All Wheel Drive, Extended Range) to the GT Edition is worth the extra money (130 More HP, 170 Ft lbs more torque). The first edition (FE) has some cosmetic changes (red calipers, grabber blue color available, etc.) over the Premier Edition that to me don't justify the extra cost.

While still not comparable in performance to a ICE powered GT350 or GT500, the GT version of the Mach E is no slouch even in performance Mustang world. For comparison, check the specs on the new 2021 Ford Mustang Mach 1:

I try to stick with a plan once I have made it when making any major purchase because there will always be something newer and better 6 months down the road (hence the mild regret on not waiting for the GT version to come out).
I was really contemplating getting the GT, two things stopped me though. I'm not sure what tires are on the GT but I'm going to assume that they are summer tires and I need all season. 2nd is that I believe Ford will be sending an OTA update eventually to boost the Premium 0-60 time. I say that because this vehicle directly competes against the MY and Tesla offers an acceleration boost, makes sense Ford would especially with the Mustang name. Either way, 0-60 in 4.8s is quicker than 90% of the vehicles on the road so I feel like I'm in a supercar but getting a 0.5s boost would still be awesome.

·
Premium Member
2021 Mustang Mach-E Star White RWD/ER Premium
1,946 Posts

I gave some thought to reserving/ordering a GT however for right now there were reasons that I decided to buy a Premium RWD/ER instead. I generally trade in every 2 to 3 years and given that the MMe was a total ground up project by Ford I opted to start on the conservative side. I went for range and one motor until there is more data on actual real world driving range, battery and electric motor reliability. If I continue to enjoy my MMe as much as I am during the first two months of ownership. in approximately 36 months if there are reasonably significant technology changes in the MMe, trading in the Premium for a GT is a real possibility.
Although I haven't Street Raced in five plus decades the instant torque on the Premium is an absolute joy. I owned a car with 550 ft. lbs. of torque with MagneRide and the ETC worked overtime trying to keep the car in a straight line on "foot down" line starts. Side note, James May on the old BBC Top Gear disengaged the ETC and put the car in a ditch.
I'm certain that anyone who opted to wait for the GT will be pleased that they did and I'm anxiously waiting for the details when they begin to arrive.

41 - 44 of 44 Posts