Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put a reservation on a Premium Mach E, and this would be my first ever experience with a BEV. I've been in the passenger seat of a Model 3, but I've never driven any electric vehicle. Just curious if there are other "first timers" or novices like me here?

·
Registered
205 Posts
I'm sure a lot of us are non-BEV drivers. I currently drive a '14 Ford Fiesta and would most likely be thrilled to swap it out for the Mach-E. :)

·
Registered
69 Posts
Long time hybrids owner-escape and 2005-2017 Cmax energi which is a plug in hybrid. Real world experiences in cold winter weather can reduce range by 30%.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Long time hybrids owner-escape and 2005-2017 Cmax energi which is a plug in hybrid. Real world experiences in cold winter weather can reduce range by 30%.
Luckily, I'm in central Texas, where "winter" means maybe 40°F occasionally. I do wonder how Li performs in heat though, 105° in August is the norm

·
Registered
69 Posts
Luckily, I'm in central Texas, where "winter" means maybe 40°F occasionally. I do wonder how Li performs in heat though, 105° in August is the norm
Liquid cooling is essential where hot and summer weather exists. The air cooled HVB pack in the Cmax Engeri does not handle such conditions well and owners frequently end up degrading their battery pack due to this. Aggressive driving (lead foot and hard stomps on the brake) will also heat up the HVB pack. I hope Ford has a screen on the flat panel center console that can monitor the HVB temperature.. I use a scan guage II to monitor many features in the Cmax Engeri,

·
Registered
28 Posts
I'm a new EV owner that got a Model 3 in late October, right before this reveal. The "novice" concerns and range anxiety wear off pretty quickly. And I had serious concerns. So much so that I got the long range version and installed a high power wall charger instead of a NEMA 5-15. After a month, all those concerned wore off. Looking back, I could get away with lower range (cheaper) and lower power (cheaper) home charging. Even when range drops with weather and driving habits, it is no big deal to top off the battery and night. At the reveal, Ford said 80%, or something, of charging is done at home. In my experience, I'd put that percentage at 99% (2 road trips; 4 days using round trips divided by 365 days per year equals 1% of time/days I would need supercharging). It might even be less of need for supercharging if I consider the free ad hoc charging I get at shopping malls and work.

·
Read Only
61 Posts
First time EV owner. My only EV experience was a 15 minute test drive in a Chevrolet Volt. Loved the acceleration. The Volt was better than I expected.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Fans do a good job of cooling and pump circulates glycol. I have a 2013 Focus electric one of the early ones and it is fine in San Antonio. The cooling comes on after hard use usually when temp >90f. I 'm sure the lg packs will be much improved. Ford actually is quite experienced with bev design even though they have not sold many units. Way ahead of GM and the rest

·
Read Only
61 Posts
Fans do a good job of cooling and pump circulates glycol. I have a 2013 Focus electric one of the early ones and it is fine in San Antonio. The cooling comes on after hard use usually when temp >90f. I 'm sure the lg packs will be much improved. Ford actually is quite experienced with bev design even though they have not sold many units. Way ahead of GM and the rest
Currently driving a 2010 Cadillac SRX. I put in my reservation for a GT, my wife likes the GT grill. I do not need the range but do need AWD in Anacortes, WA. I was hoping the experience Ford has with the Focus and Fusion BEV's would move Ford along the learning curve for the Mach-E. My only experience with a BEV was a 15 minute test drive in a Chevrolet Bolt. I liked the bolt. If the Bolt came in an AWD version I would be tempted to buy one at a lower price and immediate delivery instead of waiting a year and a half for the Mach-E.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Currently driving a 2010 Cadillac SRX. I put in my reservation for a GT, my wife likes the GT grill. I do not need the range but do need AWD in Anacortes, WA. I was hoping the experience Ford has with the Focus and Fusion BEV's would move Ford along the learning curve for the Mach-E. My only experience with a BEV was a 15 minute test drive in a Chevrolet Bolt. I liked the bolt. If the Bolt came in an AWD version I would be tempted to buy one at a lower price and immediate delivery instead of waiting a year and a half for the Mach-E.
go for the longest range. think of 300 miles range as driving 4 hours before charging on a road trip. should be able to drive 7 hours with a 30-40 minutes charge to 80 %. no need for any more.I have never had any issue topping off daily at home. after all who has a gas pump in their garage?

·
Registered
489 Posts
Add me to that list as well. I've gone on test drives and have ridden shotgun in EVs but I've never owned one yet.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I put a deposit on a GT. I tested a Bolt and actually really liked it. I’ve been saving for a fun car for a bit and was looking at either a Bullitt or Model 3 performance (I know that seems strange to some). The Mach E GT is perfect for my “needs”.

·
Registered
20 Posts
repairs especially collision will be a huge problems for Tesla going forward. When the model Y hits they will have over 1 million cars on the road. The quality has been slipping on all models i have noticed since the model 3 launch. I love the Tesla ideal but face it they are not yet good manufacturers.

·
Registered
489 Posts
I put a deposit on a GT. I tested a Bolt and actually really liked it. I’ve been saving for a fun car for a bit and was looking at either a Bullitt or Model 3 performance (I know that seems strange to some). The Mach E GT is perfect for my “needs”.
What made you decide on the Mach-E over the Model 3?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I like the look of the Mach E and also like some similarity to a typical car for minimal transition when alternating between vehicles.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Only EVs I have ever been in are airport shuttle trains and golf carts! Have had a deposit in since September 2016 on an Electra Meccanica Solo, but bet Ford will beat them to market outside of the West Coast.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I can vouch for Ford .Have an electric focus with 48,000 mi runs great way more usable the the gas version. The best thing about it is very cheap to run 2cents per mile with bulk rate electricity in Texas. The mid range torque is amazing think 30-50 and 50-70 mph way better than gas cars

·
Registered
18 Posts
Me but I have had an opportunity to drive an Audi E-Tron for a night for work. I thought it had too many haptic touch screens (not enough actual switches) but the steering wheel paddles to adjust the amount of regenerative braking is a nice touch.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts