Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Checking in to see if any Oregon people are on here? I have a White Premium Extended battery with a build date of 1/22 and a ship date of 3/9. I have been trying to watch and see if the ship date is changing at all. Getting excited!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Checking in to see if any Oregon people are on here? I have a White Premium Extended battery with a build date of 1/22 and a ship date of 3/9. I have been trying to watch and see if the ship date is changing at all. Getting excited!
Yes! Red Premium AWD standard range, ship date remained 02/16 since first emailed a couple of weeks ago.

·
Registered
GT, AWD
2 Posts
I'm in Oregon too, just outside of Portland. I've reserved the GT, so I'm still a bit farther out on the excitement level because I haven't gotten to order mine yet. I've been in sit in one (but not test drive), that certainty helped with all the feels :)

·
Registered
21 Posts
I'm in Benton County west of Philomath. My red FE was built on 12/31 and is scheduled to arrive in Corvallis on 2/26. Still haven't had a test drive and won't complete purchase until I've driven the car. I have a 2020 Bolt and have driven Model 3 and Model Y, and previously owned a 2017 Bolt, so not new to BEV. Have concerns about acheivable range, particularly in winter since ME does not have Tesla's heat pump and has slower DC charge rate. Attempts at long road trips in my Bolts have been made more difficult by slow DC charging, although otherwise I think my 2020 Premier trim Bolt was a great deal at under $30k on the road. Don't understand all the Tesla hype. My three Tesla test drives were underwhelming; poor drive quality, bad suspension, noisier than my Bolts, terrible situational awareness due to poor visibility and concentration of all functions onto central console, poor build quality, frightening FSD, etc. Have great hopes Ford's solution to these issues offsets inferior drive train to Tesla, since Tesla's batteries and druve train are its undeniable strength. Watch this space... I hope the Ford truly impresses.

·
Super Moderator
3,032 Posts
I'm in Benton County west of Philomath. My red FE was built on 12/31 and is scheduled to arrive in Corvallis on 2/26. Still haven't had a test drive and won't complete purchase until I've driven the car. I have a 2020 Bolt and have driven Model 3 and Model Y, and previously owned a 2017 Bolt, so not new to BEV. Have concerns about acheivable range, particularly in winter since ME does not have Tesla's heat pump and has slower DC charge rate. Attempts at long road trips in my Bolts have been made more difficult by slow DC charging, although otherwise I think my 2020 Premier trim Bolt was a great deal at under $30k on the road. Don't understand all the Tesla hype. My three Tesla test drives were underwhelming; poor drive quality, bad suspension, noisier than my Bolts, terrible situational awareness due to poor visibility and concentration of all functions onto central console, poor build quality, frightening FSD, etc. Have great hopes Ford's solution to these issues offsets inferior drive train to Tesla, since Tesla's batteries and druve train are its undeniable strength. Watch this space... I hope the Ford truly impresses.
The MMe charging is faster than the Bolt, but slower that the Tesla, of course. It should take some of the pain away.

Having seen both in person, the MMe just looks and feels more solid. I haven’t had the opportunity to drive the MMe. as a passenger, the ride is quiet and comfortable.
We will be watching for your opinions, positive and negative, when you get to see the MMe in person.

Reactions: FISHEV

·
Registered
21 Posts
The MMe charging is faster than the Bolt, but slower that the Tesla, of course. It should take some of the pain away.

Having seen both in person, the MMe just looks and feels more solid. I haven’t had the opportunity to drive the MMe. as a passenger, the ride is quiet and comfortable.
We will be watching for your opinions, positive and negative, when you get to see the MMe in person.
My dealer just phoned (Wilson Ford, Corvallis) and my MME FE has arrived. So it came about 2-weeks earlier than the Ford tracker indicated it would. Perhaps that's good news for everyone on this forum waiting for their own MMEs.

I'm discussing X-Plan discounts with them - the sales manager isn't enthusiastic about applying the discount, even though it qualifies and I generated an X-Plan PIN through the MCA. I'm not enthusiastic about the $3700 price differential between the (delayed) FE and the identically configured Premium AWD extended range, particularly since there have been a lot of non FE deliveries made around the country. We'll see how this plays out. Most likely I'll head over there tomorrow for a test drive and then will decide on the purchase. Meanwhile it seems likely that Tesla and GM will qualify for a $7000 federal tax credit once Congress passes a bill that's been floated by the White House. If that applies to the Model Y then Ford is going to be under a lot of pressure for MME pricing. Interesting times.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I picked up my Red First Edition yesterday, traded in my 3 year old Tesla 3. Too early to tell at 60 miles, but so far so good. It is and feels much bigger than the 3, which I wanted. I'd say they handle about the same, but the 3 being smaller and closer to the ground is a bit more responsive. Fit and finish is better than the 3 which I had several finish problems with. Some of the functionality is better in that the wiper lever is where it is on most every car, except the Tesla which felt the need to put the D, R, &P on that stalk rendering the wipers to the big iPad. A lot of little stuff not worth going into is different and in some ways easier. There is still a learning curve for all the electronic options on the iPad which I am stumbling through. No 'entertainment' icon on the Mustang... thus no fart machine and other oddities of the Tesla :cool: . My 10 year old granddaughters thought that item made the Tesla the coolest car ever:p

I think my range will be a little less, but I started to have serious battery drain on the Tesla in the recent inclement weather, so I feel no loss in bidding adieu. Time will tell, but the e is definitely more attractive and will permit me to get stuff in and out of the back far more easily. The 10G tax credit is a nice plus as well......

·
Registered
12 Posts
Congratulations! Who was your dealer, and what can you share about that experience?
Thanks. I got it at Damerow Ford, Amy Wilkerson facilitated, I ordered it back in June, they built and shipped it late Dec, and then held it somewhere like Kansas for an extra 2-3 weeks for 'quality' inspections. Damerow was fine, Amy was very helpful. There are subtle or not so subtle differences between experiences with high end foreign car dealers and typical american ones, but not really in this case, so I'm quite happy overall. I would recommend the dealership and Amy in particular. Amy said it's the second vehicle out of Damerow, I doubt there are many on the roads in Portland as yet, so it's kinda fun to be the new kid on the block. The process took the better part of 3 hours since in addition to the usual paperwork we spent about at least an hour personalizing and familiarizing with the car itself.

·
Super Moderator
3,032 Posts
I picked up my Red First Edition yesterday, traded in my 3 year old Tesla 3. Too early to tell at 60 miles, but so far so good. It is and feels much bigger than the 3, which I wanted. I'd say they handle about the same, but the 3 being smaller and closer to the ground is a bit more responsive. Fit and finish is better than the 3 which I had several finish problems with. Some of the functionality is better in that the wiper lever is where it is on most every car, except the Tesla which felt the need to put the D, R, &P on that stalk rendering the wipers to the big iPad. A lot of little stuff not worth going into is different and in some ways easier. There is still a learning curve for all the electronic options on the iPad which I am stumbling through. No 'entertainment' icon on the Mustang... thus no fart machine and other oddities of the Tesla :cool: . My 10 year old granddaughters thought that item made the Tesla the coolest car ever:p

I think my range will be a little less, but I started to have serious battery drain on the Tesla in the recent inclement weather, so I feel no loss in bidding adieu. Time will tell, but the e is definitely more attractive and will permit me to get stuff in and out of the back far more easily. The 10G tax credit is a nice plus as well......
Welcome to the Club!

Congratulations on your FE MME, may there be many miles of adventure ahead for you!

Please take a moment to add yourself to the owners register (link at top of this page).

We look forward to you sharing pictures and your experiences. Especially since you are a prior Tesla owner.

Once again, welcome!

·
Registered
23 Posts
For those who already bought from an OR dealer, what did you pay on various taxes, fees, and "junk fees"?
I got a quote from my dealer that includes
  • $1200 in title and registration (my math says it should be $943 in Multnomah)
  • CAT tax of $300 (why is this rolled over to customer)?
  • Doc fee of $125 (should be $100 with X-plan)
  • Sales tax of $253 and EVR fee of $25 (oh well)
Curious to know what others have paid in OR and how to negotiate these.
Also, quote didn't include Ford Options so I guess I'll have to teach them about that.

·
Registered
12 Posts
For those who already bought from an OR dealer, what did you pay on various taxes, fees, and "junk fees"?
I got a quote from my dealer that includes
  • $1200 in title and registration (my math says it should be $943 in Multnomah)
  • CAT tax of $300 (why is this rolled over to customer)?
  • Doc fee of $125 (should be $100 with X-plan)
  • Sales tax of $253 and EVR fee of $25 (oh well)
Curious to know what others have paid in OR and how to negotiate these.
Also, quote didn't include Ford Options so I guess I'll have to teach them about that.

I just looked at my bill of sale... $239 'sales tax' (city tax?), Privilege tax of $298.50, License $6, Title fees $187, Opt'l electric filing fee $35, Processing fee $115... The last new car I bought was a Tesla a couple years ago, I don't recall these nickel and dime charges, and generally over the years cars purchased at high end foreign dealerships usually don't have these sorts of add ons. It is what it is... There is now apparently an Oregon tax of about $900 on electric cars to offset the lack of money from gasoline purchase that goes towards roads. It was not the case in 2018 when I bought the Tesla.

I didn't go over these meticulously, and did not challenge them.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Damerow Ford is listed as a dealer who is authorized to give the buyer the $2,500 OR EV credit at time of sale.

Did you ask or did they offer?
They did not offer, I didn't ask as I was not aware. I filled out the form I obtained from the internet, and sent it in yesterday. The site says it will take a couple months, which I recall from my Tesla experience also.

·
Registered
21 Posts
When I picked up my FE on 2/13 Wilson Ford in Corvallis applied a license fee of: $876.50, Title Fee: $187.00, Title & Reg Processing Fee: $115.00, Privilege Tax: $294.40, CAT Tax: $217.85. So a total of $1690.75. Since I got my X-Plan discount, the total cash sales price was $58879.00 and with the add-ons above: $60569.75.

The problem is when I got it home I realized there was no credit give for the $1000 downpayment I put down last June. The dealer it trying to get this figured out with Ford - I have yet to get a refund check for this... Not great.

Also my FE is now back at the dealer at the shop. Yesterday it started displaying Drive Train power errors on the instrument cluster screen, and my FordPass App delivered a diagnostic message copied below. I also got a collision avoidance system failure while driving it yesterday. Yesterday I was at the dealer picking up some floor mats I'd ordered and they checked the OBD port and there were no codes showing. I got the FordPass diagnostic (copied below) after I got back from the dealer. This morning it was fine again but I checked it in to the service department for them to go over it. I've seen on the Macheclub.com forum that a fair number of MME owners are reporting this same error and are not getting a resolution from Ford about it yet - although Ford di send an engineer out to an owner not far from Dearborn, and he loaded updated firmware to control some basic system functions - apparently not something that is done over the air. As of last night it wasn't clear if this solved the problem.

I've only driven a couple of hundred miles thus far - so this is disappointing to say the least.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.