Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m writing this post as my 2021 Mach E is on its third straight week at the dealer to deal with a number of continuing issues. I’ve had the car less then a year and it has easily spent at least two of those months at the dealer getting fixed (or failing to get fixed). I’ve had the whole computer system replaced, nodes reprogrammed, and numerous other fixes, and I continue to end up back at the shop with more. The errors I get are too numerous to list, but essentially it appears that my car could be used as an example on how not to manufacture a new car.

I’m aware of the lemon laws in my state, but I do like the car when it works, so I’m wondering if anyone has had any success with Ford corporate or someone up the food chain to deal with a car with perpetual issues. The most frustrating part is that I have only been offered a rental car once out of the dozens of times the car has been in the shop, so every day it’s in the shop I’m wasting gas I shouldn’t be using and having to borrow cars from family members in order to get through life. Has anyone had a similar experience, and had a good resolution? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I’m writing this post as my 2021 Mach E is on its third straight week at the dealer to deal with a number of continuing issues. I’ve had the car less then a year and it has easily spent at least two of those months at the dealer getting fixed (or failing to get fixed). I’ve had the whole computer system replaced, nodes reprogrammed, and numerous other fixes, and I continue to end up back at the shop with more. The errors I get are too numerous to list, but essentially it appears that my car could be used as an example on how not to manufacture a new car.

I’m aware of the lemon laws in my state, but I do like the car when it works, so I’m wondering if anyone has had any success with Ford corporate or someone up the food chain to deal with a car with perpetual issues. The most frustrating part is that I have only been offered a rental car once out of the dozens of times the car has been in the shop, so every day it’s in the shop I’m wasting gas I shouldn’t be using and having to borrow cars from family members in order to get through life. Has anyone had a similar experience, and had a good resolution? Thanks in advance.
I can relate. First, you should be getting a loaner from the dealer. Second, contact ford customer service and ask them to explain the buy back program. I’m in the process of exploring this option after about 13 months of owning the car and having it in the shop for about 3 full months, combined. Like you, I love the car when it works. I have about 23k on the car.

·
Registered
129 Posts

Hi PDX, welcome to the crazy MME universe, its like a Marvel comic movie. First, not sure if it varies by state, pursuing a lemon law claim doesn’t mean you have to give up your car.
As far as what can be done, good luck getting Ford customer service to call you back or even getting someone to give you any information when you call, even Dr Strange could not succeed in doing that. My look at it is like this, the car is a big computer ANY computer geek will tell you that for as long as computers have been around they are still not perfect. So we are the beta testers, or guinea pigs if you will. We were not told that, but we are. Tesla seems to have a great product but to get a comparable car, they charge a lot more. Not sure about other EV manufactures.
I would only go to a dealership that will give yo a loaner car. At this point my dealership gives me a loaner call even if I don’t ask for it because they know how frustrated I am. At some point if a car isn’t doing what you need to do you have to come to the conclusion that it isn’t the right car for you …..now. I get the impression that newer builds of the MME are less problematic, not sure if that is true. But DONT expect Ford would do the right thing on their own.
if Ford really wanted to make this right they could sell a million MMEs a year. Not every company has the intelligence or willingness to do what is best for their customers or their company. It’s sad because Ford could do so much better then they are with the MME.
And yes FORD I could do better, I am a CEO of a health care company and kick ass everyday to make sure people who can’t afford healthcare get the best healthcare imaginable, and as a non-profit, we dont have the deep pockets Ford does. But we make sure everyone of our 11,000 patients annually get the healthcare they need.
Sorry I digress, only because I face the same problems as you do PDX. I know I haven’t given you any magical answers to solve your issue, or maybe I have. But wanted to share a few tips and my two cents.

·
Registered
408 Posts
...Tesla seems to have a great product but to get a comparable car, they charge a lot more...
Just to be clear, when I picked up my Model Y AWD LR, the MSRP was less than a comparable Mach E by about a grand. The price increases that Model Ys currently have are for cars that will be delivered as late as next year. Tesla is covering their bases for the anticipated inflation in the supply chain. Aside from that to your point, the software in a Tesla is mature and close to bulletproof from years of development by in-house software engineers. Since my September delivery last year I have had multiple flawless over the air upgrades and app upgrades with zero need for a reset or reboot. I truly hope that Ford gets its software act together soon. The Mach E is an impressive car which I came very close to choosing last year when shopping for an EV.

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
Just to be clear, when I picked up my Model Y AWD LR, the MSRP was less than a comparable Mach E by about a grand. The price increases that Model Ys currently have are for cars that will be delivered as late as next year. Tesla is covering their bases for the anticipated inflation in the supply chain. Aside from that to your point, the software in a Tesla is mature and close to bulletproof from years of development by in-house software engineers. Since my September delivery last year I have had multiple flawless over the air upgrades and app upgrades with zero need for a reset or reboot. I truly hope that Ford gets its software act together soon. The Mach E is an impressive car which I came very close to choosing last year when shopping for an EV.
tesla has had ten years to get their act together and still by many consumer reports quality issues still plague the model 3. EVs are a new thing for ford .

·
Registered
129 Posts
But the model Y doesn’t have a dashboard display, not the same car in my eyes. But don’t get me wrong we wouldn’t have a MME if it wasn’t for Tesla blazing the trail.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Speedo - look down for dashboard, look less down and slightly right for Tesla, I don't see the problem. I never had a problem with speed display further down in 37 tears of flying jet airliners where speed can be far more critical (never had a heads-up display, either).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts