Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Model 3 -> Mach-E First Edition
120 Posts
I mean the car comes with a 240V "charger" free, right? I doubt the upsell into the Ford super duper wallbox will be that high when you can just install a 14-50 outlet and use what Ford gives you for free.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I mean the car comes with a 240V "charger" free, right? I doubt the upsell into the Ford super duper wallbox will be that high when you can just install a 14-50 outlet and use what Ford gives you for free.
I bought the JuiceBox 40 to manage the charging during off peak times plus my utility offers a full rebate.

·
Super Moderator
1,923 Posts
I picked up a ChargePoint Flex. I find it more convenient then having to pack and unpack the mobile charger. But its definitely not a necessity.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I picked up a ChargePoint Flex. I find it more convenient then having to pack and unpack the mobile charger. But its definitely not a necessity.
Other than road trips, my "mobile charger" will live at home. Probably 50 weeks a year it'll be in the garage as my "home charging station." Definitely not buying a home station for that limited use.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Other than road trips, my "mobile charger" will live at home. Probably 50 weeks a year it'll be in the garage as my "home charging station." Definitely not buying a home station for that limited use.
One other thought to consider, if you solely depend on the manufacturer charger and it fails you will be in a pinch. I decided to buy the JuiceBox 40 due to rebates and to have a backup if one of my home charging options fail.

·
Registered
120 Posts
One other thought to consider, if you solely depend on the manufacturer charger and it fails you will be in a pinch. I decided to buy the JuiceBox 40 due to rebates and to have a backup if one of my home charging options fail.
A full charge would cover my commute for 3 months (3 miles RT, pre-covid). So if my home charging goes out, I'll be fine while I warranty the Ford Mobile Charger.

On the road trips where I put the rest of the 25,000 miles a year on, not using 240 anyway.

·
Super Moderator
1,923 Posts
A full charge would cover my commute for 3 months (3 miles RT, pre-covid). So if my home charging goes out, I'll be fine while I warranty the Ford Mobile Charger.

On the road trips where I put the rest of the 25,000 miles a year on, not using 240 anyway.
Wow, you live on the two extremes. Short commmutes and long hauls. It will be interesting to see how the MMe performs for you over the course of a year.

As for the charger, unfortunately I don’t have a garage with the proper electricity in which to use and leave the mobile unit. The charger will have to be on the side of my house, a cheaper compromise to the crazy cost of upgrading my detached garage-power. I guess each will find the solution that best fits their situation.

·
Registered
2016 Nissan Leaf, 2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition reserved
1,221 Posts
Of course if the mobile charger fails you can use a nearby DCFC for a few days while you get a new charger via Amazon Prime.

Personally, I have a ClipperCreek on the wall and plan to carry the Ford Mobile Charger in the car as a spare.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts