Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Apparently car is built but is waiting on chips... Add to that, based on the VIN I pulled using some Javascript code someone created (by using the order number) looks like the car is a 2021 even though I've seen numerous times it's supposed to be a 2022 if built after Nov 27th.

Oh well, I'm still excited for it. Excited for some instant Torque :)

·
Registered
Current; 17' Escape SE AWD (Soon to be traded in!)
47 Posts
2022's started production on 1/3/22 due to the excess number of 2021's that still needed to be built before december 31st

Tony

·
Premium Member
286 Posts
Mine was built in December and shipped before Christmas............dealer knows nothing
Is there a number where I can call Ford, and they can tell me where it's at ?

·
Premium Member
286 Posts
Just called Ford and mine was shipped in December......Now Feb 1st anticipated delivery

Reactions: MCM

·
Registered
27 Posts
Apparently car is built but is waiting on chips... Add to that, based on the VIN I pulled using some Javascript code someone created (by using the order number) looks like the car is a 2021 even though I've seen numerous times it's supposed to be a 2022 if built after Nov 27th.
View attachment 7244

Oh well, I'm still excited for it. Excited for some instant Torque :)
I am waiting to.

·
Registered
27 Posts
They just moved my estimated delivery date to 3/5/2022. WTF? This was ordered 27 April 2021 and now it's coming up on a birthday. Ford needs to level with us. What is the holdup? Is there some safety issue putting these on hold? I am going to be really upset if they start delivering 2022s and I can't even get a 2021 after waiting almost a year.

·
Premium Member
286 Posts
They just moved my estimated delivery date to 3/5/2022. WTF? This was ordered 27 April 2021 and now it's coming up on a birthday. Ford needs to level with us. What is the holdup? Is there some safety issue putting these on hold? I am going to be really upset if they start delivering 2022s and I can't even get a 2021 after waiting almost a year.
Prepare to be really upset.......so you can join me ! I ordered May 4th and still don't have my Mach e Premium while a GT ordered after my order, from the same dealership, has already been delivered

·
Registered
27 Posts
Prepare to be really upset.......so you can join me ! I ordered May 4th and still don't have my Mach e Premium while a GT ordered after my order, from the same dealership, has already been delivered
What is the latest with your MACH-E. Did it ship or is it on hold like a bunch of late 2021 builds?

·
Premium Member
286 Posts
Still Waiting...9months !......Supposedly shipped a Month ago

........jusr got another two week delay today on the day it was scheduled to arrive......it's sitting at the depot in Kansas City

·
Premium Member
286 Posts
Don't know what's worse.......
Can't get your vehicle built
or
Vehicle is built but can't get it shipped

How about BOTH !!!!!!!!
I'm going on 9 months since ordering, my Mach e is finally built and at the yard in KC, ...............but now I'm on my 3rd shipping delay

·
Registered
27 Posts
I feel your pain. I am guessing this has something to do with the rear seat belt issue. The worst part of this whole experience is not knowing what the delay is. It would be interesting to know just how many other 2021 Mach-Es are sitting in KC and at the factory waiting for some type of rework. At some point I will need to look at the value of taking delivery of a 2021 this late into year. Unfortunately, Arizona changed the VLT tax on EVs last year. So a $40000 2021 EV vehicle would have a VLT of $16. This year the tax raises to $320. Next year the tax will be $672. So Ford ready hosed us in Arizona who were hoping to take delivery last year.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Wow, sorry to hear about the delays. When I talked with the dealership he stated some people are having delays because….

1. The dealership didn’t “confirm your order” until months after you placed it online
2. More people ordered the same model as you pushing back your order causing the delays.

Good example is a person here in Hawaii ordered a Premium in May 2021 and still hasn’t received it yet but I ordered the GT in August 2021 and already have mine.

·
Registered
27 Posts
The order was placed online 27 April 2021 and the dealership confirmed the order with Ford 28 April 2021. I went to the dealership 12/13/2021 and talked to the Inventory Manager directly. He gave me a copy of the visibility report but had no explanation for how Ford picks orders to build or why the sudden delays. Looking at the forums, delays seem to be common with 2021 end of year builds. So right now, it looks like I am not alone. From what I have read, the Premiums are the ones that are being delayed and account for about 50% of the orders.

I did go back and look at the module data the VIN. The MME had to have been built and powered up. The data is there.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Don't know what's worse.......
Can't get your vehicle built
or
Vehicle is built but can't get it shipped

How about BOTH !!!!!!!!
I'm going on 9 months since ordering, my Mach e is finally built and at the yard in KC, ...............but now I'm on my 3rd shipping delay
Have you had any changes in your dates?

·
Premium Member
286 Posts
My dealer said that there are major trucking issues ! Got two more week delay last week.....on the exact day Ford told me it was due for delivery.
Going on 9 months ! When I ordered it I was told 4 months !

·
Registered
3 Posts
based on the VIN I pulled using some Javascript code someone created (by using the order number)
Um you can't drop that nice little tidbit of info and not share.

Ordered mine on June 23, 2021. They changed me to a 2022 model. The only thing that has changed is the represented color of my order. My original order was gray because Cyber Orange was not available on the 2021 Premium. When they bumped me to a 2022, I had the dealership change me to Cyber Orange. Does give me some hope to see that reflected on the website as well.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts