Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner
201 - 216 of 216 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
My MME arrived on Saturday 09/04 after 8 months of missed deadlines, worked for one day and has been sitting in the service department, untouched, since. They are too busy to look at it. I’m counting the days until the Lemon Law applies.

·
Premium Member
2021 Star White RWD/ER Premium
2,591 Posts
My MME arrived on Saturday 09/04 after 8 months of missed deadlines, worked for one day and has been sitting in the service department, untouched, since. They are too busy to look at it. I’m counting the days until the Lemon Law applies.
What doesn't work?

·
Registered
86 Posts
What doesn't work?
Long list. Anti-lock brakes, blind spot detection, cruise control, something about the headlights, one pedal drive and several more I can’t remember off hand. Many messages. Mostly what doesn’t work is Ford Motor Company. 25 days to Lemon Law refund and I’ll escape from the nightmare that started on January 21 when I placed my order.

·
Registered
Reserved First Edition Rapid Red Metallic
2,008 Posts
Long list. Anti-lock brakes, blind spot detection, cruise control, something about the headlights, one pedal drive and several more I can’t remember off hand. Many messages. Mostly what doesn’t work is Ford Motor Company. 25 days to Lemon Law refund and I’ll escape from the nightmare that started on January 21 when I placed my order.
WOW!

This is unfortunate.

·
Registered
86 Posts
WOW!

This is unfortunate.
I’ve never owned an EV before and thought I’d give one a try. That thought has passed.
One nice thing about FordPass. I can see they haven’t started it since I dropped it off. Hopefully they’ll forget about it.

·
Registered
Reserved First Edition Rapid Red Metallic
2,008 Posts
I’ve never owned an EV before and thought I’d give one a try. That thought has passed.
One nice thing about FordPass. I can see they haven’t started it since I dropped it off. Hopefully they’ll forget about it.
First year of production.

·
Registered
86 Posts
That’s why its sitting untouched at the service department?

I’m in no mood for the Ford fan boy excuses for a botched roll out, lousy delivery planning and poor dealership experience. I try to watch my language online so please insert an appropriate string of obscenities here.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I had one issue when my right headlight failed - stupid of me not to check on delivery, and one day someone told me "hey you headlight is not working". So it was escalated and sent to the shop, took them 7 days to get a new one, and since then nothing else.

Maybe the OPs car has issues which he should let the lemon law get him a full refund. Too many things that are bad.

·
Premium Member
2,591 Posts
I understand that you're "less than pleased" at the moment. It sounds like a dealer change may be in order. I brought my MMe into my dealer for a very early (March 2021) software recall and the dealer kept it overnight and gave me a loaner. When I received a notice from Ford for an additional update a few months ago I spoke with the service tech via email and he advised that I could wait while they upgraded it and that "it would be finished ASAP" . I was in and back home in 90 minutes. Not knowing where you are, I don't know the dealer availability but I dumped my original dealer where I had purchased my Fusion Energi because they tried to stiff me on a 5K ADM on my online order. Some of the dealer stories on this forum convince me that if possible finding a quality dealer prevents a lot of headaches. Good Luck with whatever you ultimately decide.

·
Premium Member
2,591 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Edge Ti.
127 Posts
That’s why its sitting untouched at the service department?

I’m in no mood for the Ford fan boy excuses for a botched roll out, lousy delivery planning and poor dealership experience. I try to watch my language online so please insert an appropriate string of obscenities here.
At the risk of drawing a string of obscenities directed in my direction, just what did you expect from a new automotive platform? Whether you care to admit it or not, you and every other new owner here are Ford Beta Testers. I am not trying to start a flame fest here, rather just using my own experiences in buying a first gen. or first models of a wide variety of cars / trucks over the years. Every time I got drawn in to a new model that was new to the market I regretted it. I’ve had much better luck at second year or later models. When you get drawn in to a newly designed automobile you have to assume there will be issues and unfortunately your problems and their solutions make it better for those of us that are waiting on the sidelines for these issues to be resolved. No solace for you sadly, but that’s just the way it is and has been for a long, long, time.

·
Registered
86 Posts
At the risk of drawing a string of obscenities directed in my direction, just what did you expect from a new automotive platform? Whether you care to admit it or not, you and every other new owner here are Ford Beta Testers. I am not trying to start a flame fest here, rather just using my own experiences in buying a first gen. or first models of a wide variety of cars / trucks over the years. Every time I got drawn in to a new model that was new to the market I regretted it. I’ve had much better luck at second year or later models. When you get drawn in to a newly designed automobile you have to assume there will be issues and unfortunately your problems and their solutions make it better for those of us that are waiting on the sidelines for these issues to be resolved. No solace for you sadly, but that’s just the way it is and has been for a long, long, time.
What the 🤬 does the history of the model have do with service department letting it sit there and gather dust for a week rather than fixing it? I don’t know whether you people work for Ford or you just have nothing better to do than stick up for them.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
What the 🤬 does the history of the model have do with service department letting it sit there and gather dust for a week rather than fixing it? I don’t know whether you people work for Ford or you just have nothing better to do than stick up for them.
ok at the risk of being called a fanboy. The fact that it's languishing at the dealer, is the fault of the dealer, have you contacted ford directly? Elena Ford is chief consumer officer and has helped many. THis link has her and other ford contact info Ford

But it actually sounds like you're not pushing it to get fixed so you can lemon law it? That's the vibe you're putting out at any rate. Sorry you've had the issues. A bit hyperbolic saying your nightmare began when you ordered the car in Jan. You only picked the car up four days ago.

·
Registered
2016 Edge Ti.
127 Posts
History and "time with a platform" have a great deal to do with your issue. Fixes with this car are a direct result of guidance from the Mach-e engineers & software developers. A local dealer mechanic is not going to take on an issue that there is not a prescribed fix, or at least a service advisory for. Just so you know, I have no connection with Ford, don't drink "Blue Oval Kool- Aid", and I am not really much of a fan boy for that matter. After all, YOU felt compelled to be the first one on your block to own this new electric vehicle, now you have to suffer the downside for such a desire.

·
Registered
Mach-E RWD SR
41 Posts
I got my Mach-E on July 7th. After several malfunctions the cameras stopped working on July 18th. Dealer says ECU defect. No date for a new ECU so far. My Mach - E is still "blind". Hope to get a new ECU before Christmas...

·
Registered
Premium AWD Star White Tri-Coat
30 Posts
I have 2 "Sirius" Icons on my sync screen but not only one my phone, probably the factory installed one and I already had an account. Problem is how to remove one of the icons because they are conflicting

201 - 216 of 216 Posts