Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

101 - 120 of 133 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
This is documented in the ‘software calibration’ recall.
Do not use remote start, and do not use scheduled departure for now. That is, until you get your software updated. Apparently, those features could set this off.
I hope this ‘software calibration’ fixes your issue, and its not something new.

This is from my experience: if you have Android Auto (or Carplay) active, you have to use that software to control the phone. You cannot have the car Bluetooth phone link and AA(CP) controlling the phone features at the same time. If you activate Bluetooth, it will disconnect AA(CP). And vice-versa.
When using AA(CP), press and hold the face button on the right side till you hear the Alexa (or Siri) chime. Then just use voice commands.

From what I have seen, the Built-in navigation only shows chargers when you enter a route. Or, if the car range falls below the SoC you set in the big screen. It is otherwise littered with Points-of-interest. I haven’t had the time to play with the navigation too much.
This is very interesting. I just dropped off my 2021 GMC Yukon AT4 at the dealership for the 3rd time in the 4 months I've owned it. Without going into long and boring details, none of the engineers at the 3 different dealerships I've gone to can figure out why it's happening. Today (when it happened again) I had an epiphany that it might be connected to when I remote start from the app. Shared this with the dealership so hopefully it will help fix the problem.

·
Registered
Reserved First Edition Rapid Red Metallic
1,684 Posts
You have a point...I'm getting cold feet just reading about the issues people are having. I am also driving something of a 1st production year vehicle - GMC Yukon AT4 (the AT4 is what's new) - and I just dropped it off at the dealership for the 3rd time in 4 months of owning it. I'm not interested in repeating this experience. I have reserved a GT Mme, so I should have a good amount of time before I need to decide.
There is an old adage:

"Never buy first year of production"
When I placed my order for the FE, my wife reminded me of what I have said for over 60 years.

I was willing to make an exception for the FE, until it become clear that it was not First Production but third production.

I am happy with my decision to have canceled my FE and wait a year to have Ford work our the glitches and bugs that are inherent in the introduction of a brand new technology - and by then Ford will have a competitive lease!

·
Registered
74 Posts
There is an old adage:

When I placed my order for the FE, my wife reminded me of what I have said for over 60 years.

I was willing to make an exception for the FE, until it become clear that it was not First Production but third production.

I am happy with my decision to have canceled my FE and wait a year to have Ford work our the glitches and bugs that are inherent in the introduction of a brand new technology - and by then Ford will have a competitive lease!
smart. My husband would say to do the same but.....I can't help it! :D I have reserved a GT, so I'm sure I'm looking at at least 6 months before it's ready. Hopefully some of the glitches will be smoothed out by then.

·
Premium Member
2021 Mustang Mach-E Star White RWD/ER Premium
1,946 Posts
There is an old adage:

There's an even older adage: "Carpe Diem" because there is no guarantee that there will be a next year

·
Registered
Reserved First Edition Rapid Red Metallic
1,684 Posts
There's an even older adage: "Carpe Diem" because there is no guarantee that there will be a next year
This is true!

A true balancing act.

My wife always tells me to get the car I want because it could be my last. I reply I have al least another 5 or 6 cars to go!

·
Registered
Ford Mustang Mach E - Premium RWD SR, Ford Explorer 2016 XLT, HD 16 Heritage Classic
14 Posts
Hi, being the Engineer that I am, I'm not really happy sharing issues I'm seeing because we should give the Ford Engineers time work them out first. If they don't respond in a reasonable time, then the issue (s) should be put on Social Media. I have had this done to me and I did not like it. I never got a change to look at the issue before it was announced to upper management. This is a brand new car and I would be surprised it there were not issues. Does anyone know where on the Ford website I can give them my experience I have so far?
good point, I tried to figure that out long time already! no luck so far.

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
I feel neglected in the first few days things like PaaK works with both Note 9s, charging works on 240 v.

We has a scare on day one when we were going through all the options. We had taken a couple of tours around the neighbood and then XM radio came up with "hardware failure". Cycled the car with no results. The next morning after charging the car up, XM radio has been fine. ??

On day two we had set the option for the rear wiper to turn on in reverse. We had assumed that meant when the front wipers were on. When we went to back out at the restaurant, the rear wiper came on. Come to think, the front wiper did do a sweep. When the rear wiper swept, the blade came off. The blade came out of the adapter that holds it to the arm. This where the joy of having one of the first MMEs in the RGV, the dealer did not have a blade in stock.

All in all, pretty happy with the Mach-e, and the dealer.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Hi, being the Engineer that I am, I'm not really happy sharing issues I'm seeing because we should give the Ford Engineers time work them out first. If they don't respond in a reasonable time, then the issue (s) should be put on Social Media. I have had this done to me and I did not like it. I never got a change to look at the issue before it was announced to upper management. This is a brand new car and I would be surprised it there were not issues. Does anyone know where on the Ford website I can give them my experience I have so far?
Well no.... Agree that it's not good that Ford rank and file are getting a public appraisal through Social media but I say gloves came off when Darren Palmer ran his mouth. He should have just STFU. If it's one thing I can't stand is hubris of any type... even if it's deserved.

·
Registered
2021 FE Carbonized Gray
51 Posts
Well no.... Agree that it's not good that Ford rank and file are getting a public appraisal through Social media but I say gloves came off when Darren Palmer ran his mouth. He should have just STFU. If it's one thing I can't stand is hubris of any type... even if it's deserved.

i agree 100% Ford has its own issues and has not taken the lead from tesla. 1 month of good sales does not make a winner. True roof does not fall off but now all the critics will be after ford and their issues. that statement could come back to bite mr. palmer Never good to start throwing stones (or shade) to early.

·
Premium Member
1,946 Posts
I brought my MMe to the dealer for a "Calibration Recall" attached is the result. When I pick it up I will try and get an explanation however if there are any software/firmware engineers who would like to comment please feel free to enlighten us. I take it to mean that the Ford engineers don't have a solution as of yet.
20210311_081317.jpg
20210311_081329.jpg

·
Premium Member
1,946 Posts
A calibration for the calibration?

i forgot your plates are the same as
Mine.
I also had forgotten. Attached is what I received from the service manager: "Ford's working on it" No seriously please see the attached photo. I also enquired as to when Ford would be doing this OTA and he said "They're working on it"
20210311_104825.jpg

·
Registered
37 Posts

Anyone else experience this? I reset the Sync system and it cleared up, but it was weird.

101 - 120 of 133 Posts