Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner
161 - 180 of 216 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
A lot depends on your financial situation and how you feel about spending money.

Clearly the most logical and tried and true axiom is to "never buy first year of production": With brand new technology, and what could be newer than the MME for Ford, that would be doubly so.

Fortunately for me, finances are not an issue: but having said that, I did not get to this point in my life by "throwing away money": that is why I will not buy the MME only lease it. Presently Ford does not offer a competitive lease, and without one I am flat out not interested in the MME or any EV for that matter. I am still waiting for my FE and possibly, but probably not, when it comes in the situation will have changed. If has not then I will get my deposit back and the dealer can sell the FE to someone else.

I was really excited to be the first with the MME, but that has passed. So the desire for the FE/MME has waned, plus the lease on my Merc does not run out until the end of the year, so I have a fine car to drive until then.

Assuming there is no competitive lease when my FE arrives, in the Fall I will look and see what the market is. But having said that, I drive long distances in the winter and presently EV's just do not work for long distances in cold weather. That may be a real stumbling block for me.

My advice is to remain unemotional and if you can wait, I would.
Extremely wise and timely advice! "I did not get to this point in my life by 'throwing away money.'" If only more young people could understand that early enough to make a difference. (oops! I'm aging myself ;)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Lest we think they have their issues under control, I am going on 3 hours at the dealership to take delivery of a brand new car that has gone back and forth between not pairing phone, to hanging at Android Auto, to hanging on other functions, black screen, controls mysteriously switching back (set fan speed, 2 seconds later the car sets itself back to previous setting). This thing sucks. Battery has been disconnected at least twice, reset at least once. Of course I flew down to pick the car up and now I'm stuck 350 miles from home with this shiny piece of shit computer that I don't trust to go around the block.

·
Premium Member
2021 Star White RWD/ER Premium
2,591 Posts
Lest we think they have their issues under control, I am going on 3 hours at the dealership to take delivery of a brand new car that has gone back and forth between not pairing phone, to hanging at Android Auto, to hanging on other functions, black screen, controls mysteriously switching back (set fan speed, 2 seconds later the car sets itself back to previous setting). This thing sucks. Battery has been disconnected at least twice, reset at least once. Of course I flew down to pick the car up and now I'm stuck 350 miles from home with this shiny piece of shit computer that I don't trust to go around the block.
Wow, Talk about 'Murphy's Law' in spades, I hope that they're able to set thing right. Good Luck.

·
Registered
12 Posts
We left dealership without pairing the phone because that seemed to cause problems every time they reset the car. My phone or the salespeoples' phones, it didn't matter. Took our chances and drove the car about 200 miles. Then we struck out at the first eight charging stations, both Electrify America and evgo, we tried. Charging fault every time. With and without Fordpass app. No idea what was different about the 8th one but as we speak it is finally charging. Screen went black a bunch on the way here, controls stopped working but it drove fine. My test drives (in demo cars, not this one) were so good but I hate this particular car so far.

·
Registered
273 Posts
We left dealership without pairing the phone because that seemed to cause problems every time they reset the car. My phone or the salespeoples' phones, it didn't matter. Took our chances and drove the car about 200 miles. Then we struck out at the first eight charging stations, both Electrify America and evgo, we tried. Charging fault every time. With and without Fordpass app. No idea what was different about the 8th one but as we speak it is finally charging. Screen went black a bunch on the way here, controls stopped working but it drove fine. My test drives (in demo cars, not this one) were so good but I hate this particular car so far.
In the app, did you enable Plug & Charge? You have to do this before going to a fast charger for it to work. I've used plenty of chargers with zero issues so far.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Funny, I was next to a guy who had been struggling his way up the east coast charging his MME and he suggested turning it off. When I turned P&C off, it worked.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Funny, I was next to a guy who had been struggling his way up the east coast charging his MME and he suggested turning it off. When I turned P&C off, it worked.
sounds like lemon law for you very soon.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Weird. Did you verify your account/card is up to date on Ford's connected services website portal? It should show the free charging kWh you have left and your credit card number. That in conjuction with the Fordpass app being enabled, it should work. At least for me it does every time.

·
Registered
49 Posts
That sucks!! What was final result?

·
Registered
131 Posts
Two weeks in and 500 miles logged. Loving our Stang! No issues to complain about, unless I should complain about at least one thumbs up for every time we take the Stang out. Went to a car show on Sunday and many who walked by our parked car at least did a double take. Drove around downtown Boston on Saturday. People in the North End (Hanover St.) liked the car, people around the old fish pier liked the car, even people in the "town" loved the car.

·
Registered
2021 MME4X Premium, Rapid Red
80 Posts
URGENT---Ford needs to see and respond to recall, Software Validation Update. During download or installation the dealer said it froze/locked up showing error codes for ABS, Hill Assist and Collision Avoidance. The car is not drivable and sitting at the dealer for 7 days now. They are stumped and so is Ford. Meanwhile I sit stuck at home without transportation. Case number CAS 32263891. I'm feeling helpless and getting desperate, where do I go from here?

·
Registered
Reserved First Edition Rapid Red Metallic
2,008 Posts
URGENT---Ford needs to see and respond to recall, Software Validation Update. During download or installation the dealer said it froze/locked up showing error codes for ABS, Hill Assist and Collision Avoidance. The car is not drivable and sitting at the dealer for 7 days now. They are stumped and so is Ford. Meanwhile I sit stuck at home without transportation. Case number CAS 32263891. I'm feeling helpless and getting desperate, where do I go from here?
Usually the dealer gives you a loaner.

I would push both the dealer and Ford for a loaner.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Two weeks in and 500 miles logged. Loving our Stang! No issues to complain about, unless I should complain about at least one thumbs up for every time we take the Stang out. Went to a car show on Sunday and many who walked by our parked car at least did a double take. Drove around downtown Boston on Saturday. People in the North End (Hanover St.) liked the car, people around the old fish pier liked the car, even people in the "town" loved the car.
YaY! For enjoying your Stang!! (y)

·
Registered
49 Posts
Just got the loaner but no talk at all about what the next step is. Experiencing my first doubts about Ford today.
Just got the loaner but no talk at all about what the next step is. Experiencing my first doubts about Ford today.
This completely Sucks. Not just for you, but for all of us still on the sidelines wondering will ours be one with the next unsolvable problem or the one that makes it out the door, down the street, on the long trip and back freely? Good luck. Let us know the final results and good luck

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
This completely Sucks. Not just for you, but for all of us still on the sidelines wondering will ours be one with the next unsolvable problem or the one that makes it out the door, down the street, on the long trip and back freely? Good luck. Let us know the final results and good luck
that's actually an issue with any new car. Certainly the technology adds another layer, but a 3 year warranty and the lemon law are there to protect from a colossal failure.

161 - 180 of 216 Posts