Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

Registered
2021, Premium, AWD, Extended Battery, Carbonized Grey
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been hand washing my nicer cars for 15 years. I feel that it avoids the swirls in the paint. I found this soap around 7 years ago when I had a Tesla (at the time they recommended avoiding mechanical car washes) and have used it ever since. It cleans well and does not requiring rinsing. I do however dry the car off rapidly with microfiber cloths.

No Rinse on Amazon

Jeff

Registered
2021 MME FE E4X, Carbonized Gray Matallic, AWD
I have been hand washing my nicer cars for 15 years. I feel that it avoids the swirls in the paint. I found this soap around 7 years ago when I had a Tesla (at the time they recommended avoiding mechanical car washes) and have used it ever since. It cleans well and does not requiring rinsing. I do however dry the car off rapidly with microfiber cloths.

View attachment 5082 No Rinse on Amazon

Jeff
Aloha, I hand wash or don't wash! Rule number one when it comes to washing cars is do no harm. I encourage everyone to take a few moments and watch some YouTube videos on how to properly wash a car. I took time the day after we came home with our MME to apply a sealant and then followed up with a good wax. I literally can spray light dirt and bugs off with water only. Keep on passing the word on good products and techniques so that all of our fellow MME owners can keep their rides looking great. How about a few pictures of your MME 馃馃従

Registered
never used a machine wash in 40+ years of car ownership. Found this company years ago and they have literally ANY product made for car care. They also have a forum loaded with knowledgeable members. Great resource, they introduced me to the joys of microfiber towels many years ago https://www.autogeek.net/

Registered
Always hand wash. I put 303 graphene on my MME this weekend because of a seagull problem at work, everything sprays off now.

Registered
Always hand wash. I put 303 graphene on my MME this weekend because of a seagull problem at work, everything sprays off now.
Aloha, Yes! We have to spread the word. It really doesn't matter what brand of products you use to protect the finish of your MME, what matters is that you do it!

Registered
Foam gun then hand wash using the 2 bucket method. Car is ceramic coated so really the foam gun and rinse is good enough. Love not having to deal with the brake dust. I dry with a large towel and a spray after wash drying aid.

Super Moderator
I hand wash in nice weather. Use the touchless booth (just water and soap jets, no spinning brushes of doom) when weather not-so-nice.
I also get the car professionally detailed with hard-wax twice a year. Five years of this detailing costs less than ceramic coating does by me.

Registered
I use ONR Wash & Wax (green product) and love it. Probably overkill, but I spray Lucas Slick Mist on the car while it's still wet, then wipe dry.

Registered
MME Premium extended range AWD
Aloha, I hand wash or don't wash! Rule number one when it comes to washing cars is do no harm. I encourage everyone to take a few moments and watch some YouTube videos on how to properly wash a car. I took time the day after we came home with our MME to apply a sealant and then followed up with a good wax. I literally can spray light dirt and bugs off with water only. Keep on passing the word on good products and techniques so that all of our fellow MME owners can keep their rides looking great. How about a few pictures of your MME 馃馃従
The front end for my Star White shows every little bug splat. ERRR. Dealer said spray some Pam cooking oil on a clean front, then the bugs come off easier. I have not tried it yet so can't vouch for it.
Common sense tells me: Make that car paint slick as possible.

Registered
Foam gun then hand wash using the 2 bucket method. Car is ceramic coated so really the foam gun and rinse is good enough. Love not having to deal with the brake dust. I dry with a large towel and a spray after wash drying aid.
I still have brake dust, but not as bad. You drive mostly in one pedal mode?

Registered
The front end for my Star White shows every little bug splat. ERRR. Dealer said spray some Pam cooking oil on a clean front, then the bugs come off easier. I have not tried it yet so can't vouch for it.
Aloha Jim, You may want to consider getting a grill wrap. I'm meeting with a local XPEL dealer to see his work and get an estimate for a grill wrap, and some accent wrap, red, along the bottom of the car. He informed me that they don't do accent wraps without a Paint Protection film (PPF) package. I assume that's where they make their money. I think that the grill wrap is a better option than the Pam! 馃馃従

Registered
Aloha Jim, You may want to consider getting a grill wrap. I'm meeting with a local XPEL dealer to see his work and get an estimate for a grill wrap, and some accent wrap, red, along the bottom of the car. He informed me that they don't do accent wraps without a Paint Protection film (PPF) package. I assume that's where they make their money. I think that the grill wrap is a better option than the Pam! 馃馃従
Thanks, let us know quote for cost of grill wrap. I came to same conclusion about the PPF package from Ford - not enough protection and kind of expensive. I did order the back bumper bra from Ford Accessories however.

Registered
Thanks, let us know quote for cost of grill wrap. I came to same conclusion about the PPF package from Ford - not enough protection and kind of expensive. I did order the back bumper bra from Ford Accessories however.
Aloha, I will let everyone know, but this is Hawaii; most everything costs more...馃馃従

Registered
Soon to be owner, my MME is rolling into Atlanta on railcar as I type. I'd love to hear recommendations on sealer/coatings: ceramic or other options? Dealer-applied or not? What are you paying for ceramic? I'm pretty handy, so is user-applied ceramic a reasonable option? Brands?

Registered
Heads up, here's a link that was posted on one of the FB pages for pre cut grill wraps for mach-e. I haven't personally dealt with them as an fyi Ford Mach-E Grille Wrap

Registered
I still have brake dust, but not as bad. You drive mostly in one pedal mode?
100% on one pedal mode. I also have ceramic coating on everything including the wheels. The installer paid special attention to the piano black.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

Registered
If you trust yourself, do the ceramic coating of the big painted oval front area yourself. I am doing the ceramic coating of my Infinite Blue myself with NanoBond 9H. I am just waiting for warmer temperatures (60 F or so) to apply it. This brand is one of the few that provided top results in long term tests AND is available to the do-it-yourself person. The ceramic coating should allow easier removal of the bug bodies. I am slightly nervous, but will do a trial patch on an inside panel first to perfect my technique. The key is to know how long to 鈥渄ry鈥 as the solvent flashes off. Too long and you could get streaking. $36 for a 30 ml bottle which is supposed to do a whole car. They talk about doing 鈥減aint correction鈥 first. I can't see that my paint needs any correcting yet! But that is a good way to run the bill up into the thousands.

Registered
If you trust yourself, do the ceramic coating of the big painted oval front area yourself. I am doing the ceramic coating of my Infinite Blue myself with NanoBond 9H. I am just waiting for warmer temperatures (60 F or so) to apply it. This brand is one of the few that provided top results in long term tests AND is available to the do-it-yourself person. The ceramic coating should allow easier removal of the bug bodies. I am slightly nervous, but will do a trial patch on an inside panel first to perfect my technique. The key is to know how long to 鈥渄ry鈥 as the solvent flashes off. Too long and you could get streaking. $36 for a 30 ml bottle which is supposed to do a whole car. They talk about doing 鈥減aint correction鈥 first. I can't see that my paint needs any correcting yet! But that is a good way to run the bill up into the thousands.
the thing that most people seem to not think about, and why a good ceramic job is expensive, the hours spent doing a full paint correction BEFORE doing the ceramic. THe guy that's detailed all my cars does G Techniq. and the labor he puts in before the ceramic far exceeds the time doing the coating itself. That said, I cheap out, I just do sealant once a year with him, I'm just not that particular about the finish as I don't tend to keep cars a long time.

Registered
I realized pretty quickly after bringing my MME home that I would need to start hand-washing it. Two bucket method, microfiber towels, Ryobi pressure washer. I鈥檓 using Meguiar鈥檚 Gold Class wash followed by Turtle Wax ICE Seal and Shine to great effect. I鈥檝e also bought some Meguiar鈥檚 Hybrid Ceramic Wax to try out, but that ICE product has really impressed me.

Registered
I realized pretty quickly after bringing my MME home that I would need to start hand-washing it. Two bucket method, microfiber towels, Ryobi pressure washer. I鈥檓 using Meguiar鈥檚 Gold Class wash followed by Turtle Wax ICE Seal and Shine to great effect. I鈥檝e also bought some Meguiar鈥檚 Hybrid Ceramic Wax to try out, but that ICE product has really impressed me.
I've been using the Turtle Wax Hybrid Ceramic and it's working nicely as well.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts