Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
602 Posts
I'd never dream of using an automatic car wash on a car I care about. It's been decades since I used one.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I've been using the Turtle Wax Hybrid Ceramic and it's working nicely as well.
I've used this Turtle Wax multiple times on my car. I like(d) it but am ready to move on. The wax only seems to stay on for a couple days, I need recommendations for something that lasts longer.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Aloha, I hand wash or don't wash! Rule number one when it comes to washing cars is do no harm. I encourage everyone to take a few moments and watch some YouTube videos on how to properly wash a car. I took time the day after we came home with our MME to apply a sealant and then followed up with a good wax. I literally can spray light dirt and bugs off with water only. Keep on passing the word on good products and techniques so that all of our fellow MME owners can keep their rides looking great. How about a few pictures of your MME 🤙🏾
I’m considering a ceramic coat and maybe a wrap for the front end. Both are a bit pricey though

·
Registered
313 Posts
I realized pretty quickly after bringing my MME home that I would need to start hand-washing it. Two bucket method, microfiber towels, Ryobi pressure washer. I’m using Meguiar’s Gold Class wash followed by Turtle Wax ICE Seal and Shine to great effect. I’ve also bought some Meguiar’s Hybrid Ceramic Wax to try out, but that ICE product has really impressed me.
Any idea how these “hybrid ceramic” products work? I somewhat understand true ceramic coatings work, but are the hybrid products more than hype. A ceramic product is very fine Si 02 (sand) mostly that has a bonding agent to keep it attached to the paint surface. How long are these hybrid products supposed to work...more than a wax job?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Any idea how these “hybrid ceramic” products work? I somewhat understand true ceramic coatings work, but are the hybrid products more than hype. A ceramic product is very fine Si 02 (sand) mostly that has a bonding agent to keep it attached to the paint surface. How long are these hybrid products supposed to work...more than a wax job?
Check out YouTube videos on that subject. I watched a few. Seams like a decent product.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I've used this Turtle Wax multiple times on my car. I like(d) it but am ready to move on. The wax only seems to stay on for a couple days, I need recommendations for something that lasts longer.
Mine lasts about 2-3 months.
You used this one?

·
Registered
145 Posts
Mine lasts about 2-3 months. Yes it's a combination of silicon and wax to make it last longer.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Mine lasts about 2-3 months. Yes it's a combination of silicon and wax to make it last longer.
OK, so if my NanoBond ceramic coating last two years like the testing demonstrated, I should have eliminated about 8 waxing sessions in two years! We shall see.

·
Registered
145 Posts
OK, so if my NanoBond ceramic coating last two years like the testing demonstrated, I should have eliminated about 8 waxing sessions in two years! We shall see.
Even with ceramic coating I think most recommend some kind of wax or maintenance coating as well.

·
Registered
2021 MME FE E4X, Carbonized Gray Matallic, AWD
160 Posts
I’m considering a ceramic coat and maybe a wrap for the front end. Both are a bit pricey though
Aloha Big Behr, I'm getting the wheels powered coated next week and PPF, a graphics package and ceramic coatings the week after. I don't plan to let go of my MME and want to make sure that Pote, the name of our MME, is in super good condition when I gift it to my favorite grandchild!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Aloha Big Behr, I'm getting the wheels powered coated next week and PPF, a graphics package and ceramic coatings the week after. I don't plan to let go of my MME and want to make sure that Pote, the name of our MME, is in super good condition when I gift it to my favorite grandchild!
I hear ya, my Mustang Mach E GT, when she arrives, is my first “sports car” since my 1981 Z28 camaro, which ended up with a 454 big block in her. I want my new car to shine in our Florida sunshine.

·
Registered
171 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
That's what I'm using as well. Not sure why it's not lasting for you. I found it reading about how to maintain ceramic coatings to help them last longer. This came up a lot.
So odd. Last time I waxed I thought maybe I didn't use enough so I did 3 sprays per panel (directions say 2) but then I got a lot of swirl marks so I definitely put on too much. Maybe our Colorado weather is just hard on the waxes too 🤷‍♂️

·
Registered
145 Posts
So odd. Last time I waxed I thought maybe I didn't use enough so I did 3 sprays per panel (directions say 2) but then I got a lot of swirl marks so I definitely put on too much. Maybe our Colorado weather is just hard on the waxes too 🤷‍♂️
I've been using 2 which seems to work well. Also, I constantly change the microfiber cloth I'm using so I'm not wiping the buildup on the cloth in addition to the sprays.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts