Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I‘m wondering what a “foot-activated liftgate” actually means and what “includes power liftgate functionality” means as different? I’d like hands free on the hatch but is the foot activated a manual release only or does it automatically raise and lower? Or to get that would I have to add a power option? I’m a first time EV owner once I get my First Edition and I’ve heard that all the little power bells and whistles (that I want lol) eat away at range. Can anyone offer insight? Thx!

·
Super Moderator
1,224 Posts
I‘m wondering what a “foot-activated liftgate” actually means and what “includes power liftgate functionality” means as different? I’d like hands free on the hatch but is the foot activated a manual release only or does it automatically raise and lower? Or to get that would I have to add a power option? I’m a first time EV owner once I get my First Edition and I’ve heard that all the little power bells and whistles (that I want lol) eat away at range. Can anyone offer insight? Thx!
You are in luck, it is a power liftgate. But you can always close it manually.

·
Registered
MME First Edition Rapid Red
212 Posts
It's the same rear lift gate I have on my Escape. You wave your foot under the bumper, and the hatch magically opens or closes if already open.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Foot activated means that you can open the tailgate by moving your foot under the bumper if you have your key with you

1 - 7 of 7 Posts