Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've never been a fan of moonroofs in vehicles. But it comes standard in the Premium version which has all the other features I want. Hoping that it can be closed if desired.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've looked at a bunch of pictures too and I don't see any where it's closed (if it closes). I do see on picture in the Ford Media gallery that focuses on the roof area. There are a handful of controls on the roof above the mirror where a power moonroof shade would typically get controlled, but no idea if those are just for lighting or something. It does appear that the roof structure is thick enough to hold a retractable roller-shade up there but it's anybody's guess whether there's really one there or not.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Question if the patent is approved that I read about for Ford which it will of course be will it be similar to the Tesla X roof where the driver and passenger have a lot of uninterrupted visual space???

·
Registered
283 Posts
I forget which video i was in, but one of them stated that there is no screen, which makes absolutely no sense to me - particularly since the black seats are the only option on some of the models. I cannot imagine what idiot decided that was a good idea; no matter how effective the coating the seats will get hot in summer.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I forget which video i was in, but one of them stated that there is no screen, which makes absolutely no sense to me - particularly since the black seats are the only option on some of the models. I cannot imagine what idiot decided that was a good idea; no matter how effective the coating the seats will get hot in summer.
Makes no sense to me either. I guess we'll have to see how well the glass works. I hope it's HEAVILY tinted. Or opaque, which it looks like it might be in the video below. It's hard to tell for sure there though. Plus that's a pre-production vehicle so they may just have a film on the glass to protect it there (or to avoid direct sunlight for filming).

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
At the 0:42 second mark of this B-roll video, we can get a glimpse through the glass roof relative to the view out the side windows and windshield. You can see the lines in the room ceiling lights, so it's not opaque like that test drive video shows. They must have used a temporary film over it for that video because it looked totally different (opaque white).

But there does appear to be a fair degree of dark tint in the actual roof glass. Pretty big difference between how bright the ceiling lights appear through the roof glass vs the door window and windshield. The roof glass also starts far enough back that it shouldn't be in the driver's eyes very much.

·
Registered
41 Posts
The sunroof in my 2014 Jeep grand Cherokee recently exploded while I was driving on a freeway. Had the shade been open, we would have gotten glass in our eyes. It is tempered glass which mostly crumbles, but it also produced some e sharp shards. I was vacuuming it today and was surprised to see the sharp pieces, but glad the shade was closed. I will not buy a vehicle with no shade which can be closed. It is more and more likely that I'll get an X3 M40 instead of this thing.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts