Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner
21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
I'm getting a GT, and will put 255's on it. Range is not important to me, and I want max cornering gas. Looking at the Michelin Crosstour 2 for winter, and Bridgestone RE71R's for summer.
I’m going to leave my stock tires on our GT, until we need new ones. I’m not going to track mine. However, I do want some good traction beating ice cars at the traffic lights. 😈😈😈😈

·
Registered
6 Posts
I went changed my size to a 245/45 R20. I've done a 110 mile trip once and the mileage still was putting me right around 205 range. I am interested to see how the range is effected on my longer haul of 160 tomorrow. I have an AWD Select, at 100% over a week ago it said my range was 199 miles, today it says its 211. Only the drive will truly tell! The wheels on it look amazing though, so if I lose a little in range, so be it lol

·
Registered
220 Posts
I'm getting a GT, and will put 255's on it. Range is not important to me, and I want max cornering gas. Looking at the Michelin Crosstour 2 for winter, and Bridgestone RE71R's for summer.
Well, plans have changed. I've taken my GTPE and removed the 245mm PZero Elects, and put on 245mm Michelin CrossClimate 2 all-weather tires for the winter. For summer racing season, I'm putting 275/40r20 XL tires (same diameter as the 245's), on 9.5" custom forged wheels.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Well, plans have changed. I've taken my GTPE and removed the 245mm PZero Elects, and put on 245mm Michelin CrossClimate 2 all-weather tires for the winter. For summer racing season, I'm putting 275/40r20 XL tires (same diameter as the 245's), on 9.5" custom forged wheels.
Well, plans have changed AGAIN! The rims I intend to use are forged , 2-piece in 10" width, but if I get 9.5" I have to go with a 3-piece wheel, which I don't want to do. Has anybody successfully put 275/40R20 tires on a 10-inch rim, and gotten them to fit? Enough clearance during VERY hard cornering?

·
Registered
220 Posts
Well, plans have changed AGAIN! The rims I intend to use are forged , 2-piece in 10" width, but if I get 9.5" I have to go with a 3-piece wheel, which I don't want to do. Has anybody successfully put 275/40R20 tires on a 10-inch rim, and gotten them to fit? Enough clearance during VERY hard cornering?
This is why I should've gone to an expert fitter from the start...the 10-inchers didn't fit. Going with 9.5-inch now. 275's are going to be very tight up front. Wish me luck.

·
Premium Member
286 Posts
275's front and rear on 9 inch 19 inch wheels........no problems.smoother then the stock wheels and tires that came with it.
Firestone Indy 500 tires

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
275's front and rear on 9 inch 19 inch wheels........no problems.smoother then the stock wheels and tires that came with it.
Firestone Indy 500 tires
what kind of a range drop did you notice after the wheel/tire change?

·
Premium Member
286 Posts
what kind of a range drop did you notice after the wheel/tire change?
I honesrly dont know.
I had the original wheels and tires on for a total of 40 miles so I dont have comparable data
I know charging to 90 % it shows 250-260 miles. But Im sure the winter cold is effecting that
Firestone 275 45 19 Indy 500 tires on Patrol P0A wheels

Reactions: zvez

·
Registered
220 Posts
I was thinking of putting these rims and tires

20 x 9
20 x 10.5

With

275 40 20 front
350 35 20 back

Would these work? Anyone else tried this setup?

Thank You.
I'm putting your 275's on 20x9's, front AND back. The car already understeers, and adding huge rear tires will make the understeer worse. And most performance tires are asymmetric, so you won't be able to do any tire rotations. I'll give feedback on my setup in a couple of weeks.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Ok the wheels i was looking at went from 1300 to 2900 squash that idea.

Any suggestions for a staggered 20s setup ? Not looking to break the bank
$590/wheel, standard colors. More for special finishes. This is a flow-formed wheel.

21 - 40 of 42 Posts