Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I saw elsewhere a big thread on this, and eventually someone figured out the black area next to the mirror at the top is the best spot. This was later confirmed by a Ford engineer. The windshield is coated, but the black area next to the mirrors are not
Thanks! I did a search and didn't find anything which is why I asked.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I saw elsewhere a big thread on this, and eventually someone figured out the black area next to the mirror at the top is the best spot. This was later confirmed by a Ford engineer. The windshield is coated, but the black area next to the mirrors are not
Thank you for this info. I took my first trip this weekend as a first time EV owner and noticed 'No tag" in NJ. I think NY reads plates and connects to EZ but I still want to have it somewhere where it can be read. I will try it in the black area next time.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you for this info. I took my first trip this weekend as a first time EV owner and noticed 'No tag" in NJ. I think NY reads plates and connects to EZ but I still want to have it somewhere where it can be read. I will try it in the black area next time.
As long as you have your license number listed in your EZ Pass account registered to the tag they generally do the license plate matching and charge the EZ Pass account. If it doesn't, I believe when they mail you your toll and fine for no EZ Pass, you can dispute and send your EZ Pass info in.

·
Registered
63 Posts
As long as you have your license number listed in your EZ Pass account registered to the tag they generally do the license plate matching and charge the EZ Pass account. If it doesn't, I believe when they mail you your toll and fine for no EZ Pass, you can dispute and send your EZ Pass info in.
Thank you. That is what I thought but needed to check after what happened in NJ. Actually on the phone with EZ Pass waiting to speak with customer service.

·
Registered
2011 Chevy Volt, 2021 Mach-E Premium extended AWD
59 Posts
MME does not show up as a selectable model in the drop down for NY EZ=Pass.
I'm also trying to figure out how to get the EV discount for Thruway tolls.
Considering it took NYS until just 2 weeks ago to include the Mach-E in the NYSERDA Drive Clean program, my guess is the Mach-E should 'soon' be added to the EZ Pass program. They don't show any 2021 models at all on their list.

I'm not a patient person either - but I'm one of the luck 4,500 "quality control" delayed deliveries, so who knows when I'll ever see my new toy!

·
Registered
2021 ME FE Grabber Blue
376 Posts
Considering it took NYS until just 2 weeks ago to include the Mach-E in the NYSERDA Drive Clean program, my guess is the Mach-E should 'soon' be added to the EZ Pass program. They don't show any 2021 models at all on their list.

I'm not a patient person either - but I'm one of the luck 4,500 "quality control" delayed deliveries, so who knows when I'll ever see my new toy!
I'm still waiting for my dealer to refund the $2000 rebate. Was not on the approved list when I closed on February 14.

·
Registered
Loving My First Edition MME in Rapid Red!!
155 Posts
I put my EZ Pass there and it works perfectly.

·
Registered
Loving My First Edition MME in Rapid Red!!
155 Posts
MME does not show up as a selectable model in the drop down for NY EZ=Pass.
I'm also trying to figure out how to get the EV discount for Thruway tolls.
To request the Green Discount, send a letter and include a copy of the registration to:

E-ZPass New York Customer Service Center
Customer Account Correspondence
P.O. Box 15187
Albany, NY 12212-5187

·
Registered
201 Posts
To request the Green Discount, send a letter and include a copy of the registration to:

E-ZPass New York Customer Service Center
Customer Account Correspondence
P.O. Box 15187
Albany, NY 12212-5187
I had the same issue. I included the MME Window sticker, Ford Page writeup specifying it as an Electric car, and followed up with Customer Service on the Web Portal (open a case). After 2 weeks they approved the GREEN Discount and added my car/tag into it.

·
Registered
2021 Mustang Mach-E Premium extended battery AWD
34 Posts
I already had a green EZ-pass for my Prius Prime, which I traded in for the MME. I put the EZ-pass in my MME, but didn’t know if I have to get a separate one for that vehicle, or if I can just use the one I already had.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I have the TX version of EZ Pass (TollTag). I also have a car wash RFID sticker. I had trouble with both until I moved them right on top of the black hashmarks on each side of the rear view mirror. Now both work perfectly, and you can't really see them.

·
Registered
2021 Mustang Mach-E Premium extended battery AWD
34 Posts
I have the TX version of EZ Pass (TollTag). I also have a car wash RFID sticker. I had trouble with both until I moved them right on top of the black hashmarks on each side of the rear view mirror. Now both work perfectly, and you can't really see them.
You mean right on top of the black part next to the mirror? I thought that would block it.

·
Registered
167 Posts
You mean right on top of the black part next to the mirror? I thought that would block it.
Yes, right on top of the black part next to the mirror. There are two areas to the R and L of the rear view mirror. Evidently that section has a higher transmissibility of RF signals, required of RFID stickers (TollTag, EZ Pass, etc).

1 - 20 of 29 Posts