Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Mustang Mach-E Premium extended battery AWD
34 Posts
Yes, right on top of the black part next to the mirror. There are two areas to the R and L of the rear view mirror. Evidently that section has a higher transmissibility of RF signals, required of RFID stickers (TollTag, EZ Pass, etc).
wow, just doesn't seem right to put them on the black part instead of on the clear screen. Haven't been on the thruway lately so haven't had the chance to see if it worked or not.
Yes, right on top of the black part next to the mirror. There are two areas to the R and L of the rear view mirror. Evidently that section has a higher transmissibility of RF signals, required of RFID stickers (TollTag, EZ Pass, etc).

So…just to clarify, I need to move my EZ-Pass from underneath the mirror to the right on top of the black area???

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
wow, just doesn't seem right to put them on the black part instead of on the clear screen. Haven't been on the thruway lately so haven't had the chance to see if it worked or not.

View attachment 6705
So…just to clarify, I need to move my EZ-Pass from underneath the mirror to the right on top of the black area???
Correct.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Ford should tell all new owners where to install the EZ-Pass. Yes, it has to be stuck on top of the black hashed area on either side of the mirror. I actually like this spot, since it won't block visibility that is already blocked by the black hashing.

You should definitely register your car license tag, but my Maryland bridge toll is $2.50 when the EZ-Pass is scanned versus $4 when the vehicle tag is photographed. I did a lot of trial and error to confirm that the ONLY place to put the EZ-Pass is on top of the black hashing.

·
Registered
2021 Mach-E Select AWD | Iconic Silver
40 Posts
Ford should tell all new owners where to install the EZ-Pass. Yes, it has to be stuck on top of the black hashed area on either side of the mirror. I actually like this spot, since it won't block visibility that is already blocked by the black hashing.
Page 348-349 of the Owner's Manual

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks for pointing this out. Either it wasn't in the manual back in July 2021 or I simply missed it. There was a lot of discussion in one of the forums last summer and nobody could quote the manual. Thanks!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I confirmed that my July 2021 copy of the Owners Manual "2021-Ford-Mustang-Mach-E-Owners-Manual-version-1_om_EN-US_09_2020-1" did not have this information. Thanks to Ford for adding it.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts