Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rumor for now. Interesting if true though... Apple has close to $200B in cash but decided not to go at it alone, taking advantage of Hyundai's existing manufacturing, supply chain... Why Hyundai though?

·
Super Moderator
2,705 Posts
Rumor for now. Interesting if true though... Apple has close to $200B in cash but decided not to go at it alone, taking advantage of Hyundai's existing manufacturing, supply chain... Why Hyundai though?

There was a new statement that said Apple is also speaking to other manufacturers.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There was a new statement that said Apple is also speaking to other manufacturers.
They could buy all of Ford for probably less than $50B. Aint gonna happen but as I have said here previously, as a F shareholder, I'm in at the right price.

Sent from my Lenovo YT-X705F using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2,705 Posts
They could buy all of Ford for probably less than $50B. Aint gonna happen but as I have said here previously, as a F shareholder, I'm in at the right price.

Apple doesn’t want to run manufacturing, just like it outsources the iPhone to Foxxcon, it will do with their car.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Apple doesn’t want to run manufacturing, just like it outsources the iPhone to Foxxcon, it will do with their car.
Interesting concept.... Could contract manufacturing work for automobiles? I tend to think not but if anyone could figure out the secret sauce... Why not Apple?

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
As for timeline, March is when Apple is looking to officially ink a deal.
Interesting concept.... Could contract manufacturing work for automobiles? I tend to think not but if anyone could figure out the secret sauce... Why not Apple?

Magna is a great example of how well contract manufacturing can work and a candidate for Apple.

·
Super Moderator
2,705 Posts
As for timeline, March is when Apple is looking to officially ink a deal.

Magna is a great example of how well contract manufacturing can work and a candidate for Apple.
Fiskar is using Magna.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Apple's investing $3.6 billion into Hyundai to build the Apple Car.

Apple’s car soap opera were around for a few years, but after the year started with some informations that said Apple and Hyundai were in conversations to cooperate and built the Apple car. Now we have noticed thanks to DongA Ilbo south korean newspaper that Apple will invest $3,6 Billion finally in Kia to partner with them and built Apple’s Car in Kia Motors Manufacturing Georgia plant by 2024.

Rumours about Apple’s joint venture with Hyundai Motor Group began earlier 2021, and according to the source, what Apple have seen in Hyundai is the best partner for making its electric vehicle. They have analyzed it and discover that it has its own electric vehicle platform (E-GMP), has a production facility in the United States, and has both the ability and requirements to actually produce new cars in accordance with the planned period (2024).

But not all were happy as some executives were concerned that Hyundai Motor Group’s role as a subcontractor (originally Hyundai was the selected brand and the executives were concerned about the launch of Ioniq sub-brand and Apple car will turn Hyundai in a subcontractor, that could be the reason on why the project was transferred to Kia).

However, weight is placed on the opinion that it will have a positive impact on preoccupying the future electric vehicle market and securing leadership. It is analyzed that collaboration with Apple, which has a large number of loyal customers, can have a positive effect on the image of Hyundai Motor Group in terms of symbolism, and that the image of Hyundai Motor Group’s electric vehicle brand can be changed depending on the completeness of Apple car products.

Overall, Kia and Apple plan to sign a formal contract for Apple car production this month. Practical coordination for a formal contract has been underway since last month, and a specific contract schedule has been set. Initially, the contract date was set at the beginning of February, but it was delayed once and the schedule was changed to February 17. However, it is reported that the contract signature may change depending on the internal circumstances of each company. It is said that Hyundai Motor Group Chairman Eui-Sun Chung, will attend the contract ceremony. Recently, Chairman Chung was in Singapore and could have met a senior Apple official, but it’s not confirmed.

Apple is planning to invest 4 trillion won in Kia. With the aim of launching in 2024, the number of Apple cars produced by Kia is initially around 100,000 units per year and can be expanded to a maximum of 400,000 units. With Kia leading vehicle production in the Apple Car Project, attention is also being drawn to the role of Hyundai Glovis. An industry official said, “Glovis, which has several subsidiaries in the US, will play a significant role in the Apple Car business.”

Glovis operates 4 subsidiaries and 4 offices in the United States, including Glovis America and Kia Motors Manufacturing Georgia, Hyundai Motor Alabama subsidiaries, and GET subsidiary of local land transportation. In addition to the main business, logistics, there is a possibility of promoting electric vehicle related businesses.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Still rumors. If true.... Apple basically selected Hyundai's E-GMP platform.

I expect the Apple car to be expensive, but attainable.

·
Registered
832 Posts
Still rumors. If true.... Apple basically selected Hyundai's E-GMP platform.

I expect the Apple car to be expensive, but attainable.
I'm expecting it to be pricier too because it's apple but maybe it won't be too bad given how much they're planning on producing.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Some internal conflict among Hyundai execs has led them to cancel their partnership with Apple.

Hyundai Motor announced this morning that it is no longer in talks with Apple to build the technology company's planned autonomous electric vehicle. After a month of talks between the two companies, it seems that the deal created a stir within Hyundai's executive ranks over concerns about the automaker becoming a builder of Apple products like Foxconn. "We are receiving requests for cooperation in joint development of autonomous electric vehicles from various companies, but they are at early stage and nothing has been decided," the automaker said. "We are not having talks with Apple on developing autonomous vehicles."

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Some internal conflict among Hyundai execs has led them to cancel their partnership with Apple.

Hyundai Motor announced this morning that it is no longer in talks with Apple to build the technology company's planned autonomous electric vehicle. After a month of talks between the two companies, it seems that the deal created a stir within Hyundai's executive ranks over concerns about the automaker becoming a builder of Apple products like Foxconn. "We are receiving requests for cooperation in joint development of autonomous electric vehicles from various companies, but they are at early stage and nothing has been decided," the automaker said. "We are not having talks with Apple on developing autonomous vehicles."
Yep... I'm not surprises that Apple was interested in the E-GMP platform.... and I'm also not surprised that Hyundai got cold feet. Apple would made sure that only one who made any money in that relationship would be Apple.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Yep... I'm not surprises that Apple was interested in the E-GMP platform.... and I'm also not surprised that Hyundai got cold feet. Apple would made sure that only one who made any money in that relationship would be Apple.
I think so too, Apple would slowly start putting the screws to Hyundai to basically make them their employees instead of partners.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts